Page 694 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1945946446846906916926936946956966976987047447941194 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vince must think that Trish vs Charlotte is a dream match.
    It's not the actual most anticipated opponent for Trish, but I would say Charlotte would be in most people's Top 5 in terms of possible opponents for Trish.

It's always a possibility that Trish requested Charlotte.

I do think that part of it is that Charlotte has good chemistry with everyone (ok not Lacey Evans) and as we saw with Evolution, Trish isn't her old self.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It's not the actual most anticipated opponent for Trish, but I would say Charlotte would be in most people's Top 5 in terms of possible opponents for Trish.

I do think that part of it is that Charlotte has good chemistry with everyone (ok not Lacey Evans) and as we saw with Evolution, Trish isn't her old self.
    I think of the available options, Charlotte probably makes the most sense.

Becky would obviously be the BIGGEST opponent, but both her and Bayley are champions and you don't actually need a championship involved. Trish is a big enough deal without it. Nattie and Ember Moon are able to get on the card by not locking up a championship in a match with Trish where it's not needed.

With Nia out with injury and Sasha MIA, that probably leaves only Charlotte or Alexa. Either works well, as both are high profile females and both can take the loss if need be. But of the two, I think Charlotte would put out the better match. And as big as Alexa is, I think Charlotte is a small notch ahead of her.

Jericho with 2 debuting mystery partners vs. Omega & the Bucks are the MAIN EVENT for AEW TV #1.

Early rumors are LAX.

Gonna be fun speculating but Jericho and AEW have confirmed the partners are "new."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

PAC recently dropped the open the dream gate title and he never officially debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PAC recently dropped the open the dream gate title and he never officially debuted.
    He doesn't seem like a surprise but I think that would make sense.

He'd be a good fit for Jericho's feud with the Elite.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ember getting pinned here was dumb, she's the #1 contender for goodness sake she shouldn't be eating losses in random matches. Also I'm so glad that Nikki and Alexa got more time on SDL, after being on Raw last night to, as opposed to, oh IDK, actually SDL women. Oh wait no, the opposite of that.

Asuka & Kairi, two of the most talented women on the roster, deserve far better than this.

And even The IIconics and Mandy & Sonya get crapped on since WWE cares so little about those titles that Vince once gain "changes the script' on a whim and pushes them off the show.
    my poor dear boy.

this isn't new japan. wins and losses don't matter in the land of vince. i mean look at sami. he hasn't won a match on tv since his return and he got two title opportunities.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the "daily show" of pro-wrestling

RIP Harley Race
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Beastie's Match of the Day You Won't Find On A Network:

Harley Race vs. Ricky Steamboat
    All Japan Pro Wrestling
    12-7-1982

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

i don't think trish old stuff is as good as people remember. if WWE had done a better job with the female talent they have for the last 2 years trish match wouldn't be the bigger than the womens title match anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think trish old stuff is as good as people remember. if WWE had done a better job with the female talent they have for the last 2 years trish match wouldn't be the bigger than the womens title match anyways.
    I think it's understandable that the Trish match is as big or bigger than either of the womens title matches. You can in theory see Becky/Nattie or Bayley/Ember on any RAW, Smackdown, or house show any week of the year. But a Trish/Charlotte match might be a one time thing. And because Trish is a legit legend in womens wrestling, it's understandably a big deal especially in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's understandable that the Trish match is as big or bigger than either of the womens title matches. You can in theory see Becky/Nattie or Bayley/Ember on any RAW, Smackdown, or house show any week of the year. But a Trish/Charlotte match might be a one time thing. And because Trish is a legit legend in womens wrestling, it's understandably a big deal especially in Canada.
    yes, when you understand that so many of the women aren't over because their talents are wasted all year long it's very understandable. they've known summerslam would be in toronto for a full year yet look at natalya's build for the match against what was the hottest wrestler in the company. there's no reason a title match in canada between a member of the hart family vs 1 of the hottest wrestlers in the company that actually have some history should be overshadowed by a one off with little to no build or backstory, legend or not.

if WWE made the most of the talent they have trish coming back wouldn't even be such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yes, when you understand that so many of the women aren't over because their talents are wasted all year long it's very understandable. they've known summerslam would be in toronto for a full year yet look at natalya's build for the match against what was the hottest wrestler in the company. there's no reason a title match in canada between a member of the hart family vs 1 of the hottest wrestlers in the company that actually have some history should be overshadowed by a one off with little to no build or backstory, legend or not.

if WWE made the most of the talent they have trish coming back wouldn't even be such a big deal.
    Trish being back would be a big deal, because she's a legend and legends returning are a big deal. Again, it's a match that may happen once. Conversely we've seen Nattia and Becky feud before, and in theory we can see them again on any given RAW, Smackdown, or house show. It's tough to make that a big deal, even if Nattie is in Canada. Which isn't to say it couldn't be a bigger deal than it currently is... I just don't think it would be as big a deal as Trish.