Page 699 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1995996496896956966976986997007017027037097497991199 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kabuki Warriors will take the title when Nikki/Alexa eventually breakup. Whether or not they'll be used after that remains to be seen.

Other than the first couple of weeks, Iiconics went invisible when they had the tag belts too. Since they weren't being used on RAW or Smackdown why not have them go to NXT and defend there for a bit?

Someone pointed out that Alexa Bliss has had shots at all 3 titles in the last couple of months.
    There's literally only one face team in the entire tag divsion at the moment, so it's a fair bet the Kabuki Warriors will win the belts at some point. Maybe as early as Summerslam. THat might depend on how long they wanna drag out the Alexa/Nikki storyline.

Still, it's cool for Nikki. First bit of gold she's won in the WWE.

Ultimate Member

More likely they lose at Summerslam (that's IF the titles are defended there at all).

-There was no payoff to Asuka losing to Charlotte or Carmella. And Vince has gone out of his way to demolish her aura/mystique completely on the MR.

-Alexa's booking has had a pattern for years. She doesn't not just beat the faces, but humiliate them as well. Bayley, Sasha, Mickie, etc.

-She only doesn't really get pushed, when she's injured. And yet they still find ways to put on TV constantly. Also she constantly appears on both brands, and got multiple shots at the SDL Women's title, despite being a Raw star, when many believe that the stacked SDL roster is being underused.

-Then after that, she almost immediately is booked to win the tag belts with Nikki and pin the #1 contender of the SDL Women's title Ember Moon in a tag match, etc.

-Kairi getting called up, and fans missing out on seeing an intensely personal feud between her and Io in NXT, for this.to be shoved into a tag team, barely appear on TV since her debut, and despite the story, such as it was, being The IIconics ducking Asuka & Kairi, somehow the "payoff" to that ended up being, Alexa pinning her to win the belts.

-Etc.

Nothing about any of this points to Asuka & Kairi winning. If Vince wanted that, he'd have actually paid off the stuff with The IIconics by having The KW beat them, but instead he gave the belts to Alexa and Nikki instead right away. I mean poor Kairi had to sell Alexa's crappy-looking punch like George Foreman hit her or something, yikes was that bad.

It's amazing that, no matter how many times that WWE proves that they have no long-term plan/good payoff in mind, some defenders will insist that they do.

Astonishing Member

More likely they lose at Summerslam (that's IF the titles are defended there at all).
    I think the title change at RAW was the SummerSlam match. The rumored version of the card had that match. They must have cut it/not wanted 4 women's matches on the card.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the title change at RAW was the SummerSlam match. The rumored version of the card had that match. They must have cut it/not wanted 4 women's matches on the card.
    I would have made it a pre-show match but I guess WWE can't have their precious Alexa work a pre-show.

Ultimate Member

It'll be really telling if suddenly, now that Alexa is champion, the tag titles start showing up much more on TV. It'll be a sad commentary on how Vince views/does things. He only gives a crap, if one of his favorites is holding the belt.

Also again Asuka & Kairi deserve so much better than this crap. They're too good to be wasted like this.

Extraordinary Member

Charlotte to kick off Smackdown

Ultimate Member

What a freaking surprise.

Wow, what a huge reveal.......
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was hoping it was Murphy. He could use the rub. Trying to kill Reigns is what got Braun over after all.

I wonder if this will lead to a tag match with Roman/Joe vs Bryan/Rowan. That could be fun.

Given the Sammy/BLack match was advertised to be at Summerslam but occured on Smackdown itself, it definately sounds like they're cutting matches from the card to make room. I wonder why though. Even if they're jamming Ziggler/Goldberg in there at the last minute I can't imagine that match taking up too much time. Maybe they want to give more time for whatever sort of match Roman might be getting (be it with Rowan or in a tag match with Bryan or whatever).

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-07-2019 at 02:37 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Wow, what a huge reveal.......
    There are some interesting things about that though.

Firstly Joe's reaction. Either he's going face (and possibly teaming with Reigns), or this is a grander swerve.

Murphy states he saw Rowen... but he denied seeing Daniel Bryan. Could simply mean Bryan didn't want to get his hands dirty... or it could mean Rowan is doing his own thing behind Bryans back.

So I think there's still some potentially interesting questions in play here.

Astonishing Member

Samoa Joe's wwe.com segment seemed to indicate a face turn.

Samoa Joe's wwe.com segment seemed to indicate a face turn.
    Roman even apologized to Joe, so it's either a face turn (which works since Roman obviously is at a numbers disadvantage against Bryan/Rowan) or Joe is pulling a swerve.

I sort of like the idea of Roman and Joe as a tag team though. Not a full time tag team of course, but they could be a lot of fun.