Page 702 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2026026526926986997007017027037047057067127528021202 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Billy Corgan announced that starting in October that NWA will start airing their own show coming from Atlanta , Georgia.

This is kinda a smart thing to base a TV show around the former area of NWA's key strong market. But this enters a very busy wrestling era now for TV and streaming.

NWA
    Impact Wrestling
    All Elite Wrestling
    NXT (airing soon on Fox Sports 1)
    ROH (Sinclair stations)
    Lucha Underground
    New Japan (Axs TV)
    MLW (BeiN Sports)

Holy shit that is a lot of choice now.
    Lucha Underground hasn't been renewed for a 5th season yet. They are a nonfactor unless they do. I would put Impact there too unless they can get a deal AXS TV.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lucha Underground hasn't been renewed for a 5th season yet. They are a nonfactor unless they do. I would put Impact there too unless they can get a deal AXS TV.
    Impact is sorta a factor ala MLW ...while not airing on huge cable networks they are airing shows right now on an outlet. Its there for people to watch. (Pursuit also uses Pluto TV as well as an app)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

At this point I've learned to never count Impact out. Somehow someway they do have a weird knack of surviving, like a cochroach in nuclear winter.

That said, the landscape of wrestling is very different now. For a long time Impact was the only real viable alternative to the WWE... AEW I think has stolen what little thunder Impact has managed to garner. That might be AEW's biggest impact... not competing with WWE per say but more outcompeting the other alternatives like Impact or ROH.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I've learned to never count Impact out. Somehow someway they do have a weird knack of surviving, like a cochroach in nuclear winter.

That said, the landscape of wrestling is very different now. For a long time Impact was the only real viable alternative to the WWE... AEW I think has stolen what little thunder Impact has managed to garner. That might be AEW's biggest impact... not competing with WWE per say but more outcompeting the other alternatives like Impact or ROH.
    It was a decent alternative and half the guys they are using came through there early in their careers. At least the Indie workers have a home now for work unlike how it was from 2001 to mid 2010's. I remember how you had WWE and then you had Impact if you were a guy wanting to make some money. ROH was there as well but WWE/Impact had your big best money (before Dixie ran out of money and forced her sale).

With so many alternatives , more guys will get work and it helps everyone overall. The WWE itself can move on quick from folks and not hold them on roster and later can bring them back if say a ROH , AEW etc get them over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Well fuck. Word is that once NXT goes to TV, Vince is gonna be more involved with it

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Impact is sorta a factor ala MLW ...while not airing on huge cable networks they are airing shows right now on an outlet. Its there for people to watch. (Pursuit also uses Pluto TV as well as an app)
    MLW puts their shows up on YouTube a day after they air. Accessibility isn't an issue with them. Pursuit does this weird thing with Impact where they air chucks on the show and never the whole thing. They've have aired episodes out of order. Impact needs to get on AXS quick

MLW puts their shows up on YouTube a day after they air. Accessibility isn't an issue with them. Pursuit does this weird thing with Impact where they air chucks on the show and never the whole thing. They've have aired episodes out of order. Impact needs to get on AXS quick
    Anthem puts Impact show clips up on Youtube as well. I mean right now this is it for both companies. If this was 2001 neither would be airing right now and those channels likely wouldn't exist in that landscape.

Extraordinary Member

Takeover is starting

Extraordinary Member

So William Regal's stipulation for the third fall is a Cage match with Barbwire and a bunch of weapons

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

matty jay is somewhere in the crowd.

first up, the SP vs. ReDragon.

It was a decent alternative and half the guys they are using came through there early in their careers. At least the Indie workers have a home now for work unlike how it was from 2001 to mid 2010's. I remember how you had WWE and then you had Impact if you were a guy wanting to make some money. ROH was there as well but WWE/Impact had your big best money (before Dixie ran out of money and forced her sale).

With so many alternatives , more guys will get work and it helps everyone overall. The WWE itself can move on quick from folks and not hold them on roster and later can bring them back if say a ROH , AEW etc get them over.
    Impact is a more than descent alternative... from what little I've watched lately it's actually pretty good. I think the problem isn't the talent or the quality of the show, but rather that AEW has so much buzz around it that it'll be considered THE alternative even if it's not as good as Impact. Course, I'm just speculating... we'll see.

the SP retain.

great tag match.

Extraordinary Member

Street Profits retain

Candice and Io are beating the shit out of each other.