Page 723 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2236236737137197207217227237247257267277337738231223 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I would agree probably shouldn't win the bet at this time. Never argued that Charlotte needs to win the belt NOW... but she is a top performer in her division and she will and should be champion again down the line. She's the top heel.

Can Asuka, Kairi, or Io be as good as the horsewomen? Maybe. I think it's fair to argue they're comparable in the ring. Are they as capable of getting the fans as emotionally invested in them? Time will tell. Language is somewhat of an issue there... though there are ways to get around that.

I will say comparing apples to apples, the Horsewomen IMO consistantly put out better matches in NXT than any of the women you mentioned. Not that they didn't put out some VERY GOOD matches... but the Horsewomen in NXT raised womens wrestling to a level that hasn't really been replicated before or since. Not that Asuka and Kairi didn't get super over... but speaking purely on match quality I think the Horsewomen had their stuff beat. Course, that's all subjective. Just my opinon, but the Horsewomen stuff was on another level. As over as Asuka and Kairi were, I never felt their matches needed to main event a Taker Over event the way the Horsewomens matches did.
    Fair enough.

But Shirai last match was a barn burner and Kairi's matches with Basler were amazing (problem with this was the feud ended the wrong way IMO).

If these ladies are put in the spotlight, they can more than deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fair enough.

But Shirai last match was a barn burner and Kairi's matches with Basler were amazing (problem with this was the feud ended the wrong way IMO).

If these ladies are put in the spotlight, they can more than deliver.
    I think the woman who wrestled Kairi and Io should also be in this conversation. Baszler I think has the potential to be the Brock Lesnar of the Womans division. She can be a beast. I definately think she has the potential to rival the horsewomen not in terms of match quality (she's very solid against a good opponent but I don't think she can have a great match with just anybody), but as far as being a top female star. Plus she has a built in stable with the other mma horsewomen, making her probably the most dangerous woman in the WWE.

Astonishing Member

The ability to work has NEVER been the major consideration when positioning female superstars on the main roster which is something that just grinds my gears.
    To be fair, it's rarely an issue with the male superstars either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the woman who wrestled Kairi and Io should also be in this conversation. Baszler I think has the potential to be the Brock Lesnar of the Womans division. She can be a beast. I definately think she has the potential to rival the horsewomen not in terms of match quality (she's very solid against a good opponent but I don't think she can have a great match with just anybody), but as far as being a top female star. Plus she has a built in stable with the other mma horsewomen, making her probably the most dangerous woman in the WWE.
    I agree.

Basler is a beast. IMO, she's overdue for a main roster call up.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    To be fair, it's rarely an issue with the male superstars either.
    That's changing to SOME degree. A lot of the top performers now, both male and female, are some of the best performers in the company.

Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins... 3 top guys and 3 top in-ring performers. You can probably throw KO and Kofi in there too, to a lesser degree. And on the womans side of things, the 4 Horsewomen essentially are monopolizing the womans title scene on both brands. And they are arguably the 4 best all around performers in the womans division.

There's not a perfect one to one correlation between in-ring ability and your standing in the company... but a lot of the people in the top spots are pretty darn good at the moment.

I agree.

Course, now that NXT is going on the USA Network, I'm not sure there's necessarily a big rush to get on the main roster. I'm sure it's a pay bump... but a LOT of performers struggled to find a spot for themselves once they got on the main roster. And that's to be expected. And I'm not sure Baszler necessarily will fall into that category. Still... at least in terms of perception you can almost argue it's better to be a top NXT person than a mid-card main roster person at this point. Pay aside.

Astonishing Member

I'll counter with Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin, Roman Reigns (You can make a case for Brock not being the same as he was). There's a reason that ratings have been tanking.

I would say the current audience wants to see the top workers also be given the top spots in the company so that part is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'll counter with Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin, Roman Reigns (You can make a case for Brock not being the same as he was). There's a reason that ratings have been tanking.

I would say the current audience wants to see the top workers also be given the top spots in the company so that part is changing.
    I'm not saying that EVERY top star is a top performer... but I do think a lot of them are. In fact I think you can make a descent arguement that the main event scene is more stacked with top in-ring performers than it ever has in the history of the company.

Also... I think Roman Reigns is underrated. He's no Bret Hart, but he consistantly put out a solid to very good match with pretty much anyone at this point.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I agree.

but would she get the same treatment on the main roster? that's the question.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    It's hard to say for sure... but in the least I do think she has a immediate main event level storyline with Becky right out of the gate when she goes up to the main roster. The other MMA horsewomen can avenge the loss of Ronda, and possibly even feud with the WWE horsewomen.

So unlike some people going up to the main roster, I think there's a built in story that they can immediately plug her into without any effort at all. It's just there waiting for them. I wonder if the main reason Baszler hasn't been called up is because they're waiting for Ronda to return. Plus, the other 2 horsewomen probably need as much time in developmental as they can get.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

profound sadness.

the mox just announced on twitter that the staph infection has returned in his elbow. so his match against kenny is off.

Extraordinary Member

profound sadness.

the mox just announced on twitter that the staph infection has returned in his elbow. so his match against kenny is off.
    And they have announcement the replacement: PAC vs. Omega

Ultimate Member

profound sadness.

That’s terrible news.

Good luck to Mox though, he’s battling his infection for a while.

Ultimate Member

Good question.

Astonishing Member

No worse than the Nia Jax position, imho. She’ll be big until she puts someone over and then will drop down the card—but as many have said she has ready made storylines with tons of ppl on the roster already.

That said with NXT on TV now they’ll keep her there for awhile.