Page 729 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197257267277287297307317327337397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and the winner, and first ever AEW world champion, CHRIS JERICHO!!

Ultimate Member

Makes sense. Also given what happened tonight, Pac should get a shot a him. Also Riho as inaugural Women's Champion as well.

twas a great night of great wrestling. something for everyone.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/a...g-team-debuts/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXT_UK_TakeOver:_Cardiff
    my top 3
    3 rd
    Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster Zack Gibson and James Drake (c) and Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang)
    2 nd
    Dave Mastiff Joe Coffey Last Man Standing match
    1 st
    Tyler Bate Walter (c)
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-31-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Kylie Rae requested, and was granted a release from AEW.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and the winner, and first ever AEW world champion, CHRIS JERICHO!!
    There's worse choices. Jericho's a heat magnet and can still put on classics despite his age.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    There's worse choices. Jericho's a heat magnet and can still put on classics despite his age.
    i got a lot of love for hangman but he's still not ready for the big belt. let him chase the belt for a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm not sure there's a better choice. If you're going to go on national TV for the first time, might as well have the face of the company someone who is nationally known.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure there's a better choice. If you're going to go on national TV for the first time, might as well have the face of the company someone who is nationally known.
    Yeah they can build Page and Omega on national TV towards Jericho. Its a solid move here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Agreed on Jericho.

I’m still not sold on Page (crowd seemed divided on him too). He should keep chasing the title and develop himself a bit more.

On a separate note, I just want to praise AEW for just how “progressive” they are. It’s something that pro-wrestling in the US has struggled with for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed on Jericho.

I’m still not sold on Page (crowd seemed divided on him too). He should keep chasing the title and develop himself a bit more.

On a separate note, I just want to praise AEW for just how “progressive” they are. It’s something that pro-wrestling in the US has struggled with for a long time.
    I think they need some sort of mid-card title for Page, IMO. He needs to take that step before he can really be perceived on the same level as a Jericho or a Omega. Right now, it just seems like he's in the positon he was in because he's buddies with the bookers. Not that he's not good... but he was never used as a main event guy prior to this so I'm not sure this is doing him any favors.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jericho's epic promo after winning was posted and its pretty much classic early 2000's heel Jericho in a way. Him walking backstage and roasting everyone as World Champion was pretty funny. He stops and looks at Pillman Jr , "Nice hair , idiot.." tells the EMT's what a terrible job they did as he bled to death and he shhhs someone mocking them as a librarian. No one knows who that was it seems.

But the part where he sprays some guy with champagne for the pure hell of it was top notch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jericho's epic promo after winning was posted and its pretty much classic early 2000's heel Jericho in a way. Him walking backstage and roasting everyone as World Champion was pretty funny. He stops and looks at Pillman Jr , "Nice hair , idiot.." tells the EMT's what a terrible job they did as he bled to death and he shhhs someone mocking them as a librarian. No one knows who that was it seems.

But the part where he sprays some guy with champagne for the pure hell of it was top notch.
    it was probably one of the Liberians. i'm thinking avalon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they need some sort of mid-card title for Page, IMO. He needs to take that step before he can really be perceived on the same level as a Jericho or a Omega. Right now, it just seems like he's in the positon he was in because he's buddies with the bookers. Not that he's not good... but he was never used as a main event guy prior to this so I'm not sure this is doing him any favors.
    Agreed 100%.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Asuka is gonna start a gaming channel.
    https://twitter.com/wweasuka/status/...015391744?s=21

The team with Kairi is dead so might as well keep herself busy.