Page 733 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2336336837237297307317327337347357367377437838331233 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

It's surreal seeing Bayley swing that chair with a smile and get huge pops from the crowd. Honestly they did steal Bayley and Sasha's storyline and give it to Becky and Charlotte. I can see where Sasha is coming from. And Bayley's psychology behind the whole thing "Teaching kids loyalty" lol is brilliant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    There were a handful of wrestlers spotted in my area today for smackdown that were not even on the show or in a dark match. Big E and Xavier were backstage but didn’t come out, so was Asuka, Buddy Murphy, etc. Some of us were talking and it ducks some wrestlers have to book travel to get to the show and then not be used. Maybe they have to be there in case the show is re written on the spot?
    It's like a job. If you're on the roster, you have to show up even if they aren't on the show. They do other things besides tape the show there that if you're on the upper card you're going to be doing something at least.

I want to see Bayley whack Charlotte with a chair and shout "This is for you, kids!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Smackdown live was okay, but for me and the crowd the stand out match was definitely Chad Gable vs Andrade. The Roman mystery attacker/ Rowan payoff was kinda lame, but it seems Daniel Bryan is turning face. The other matches were enjoyable but nothing to write home about minus the one match. Also, I thought the whole Titus catering thing was a joke, but it seems it actually exists. There were a handful of wrestlers spotted in my area today for smackdown that were not even on the show or in a dark match. Big E and Xavier were backstage but didn’t come out, so was Asuka, Buddy Murphy, etc. Some of us were talking and it ducks some wrestlers have to book travel to get to the show and then not be used. Maybe they have to be there in case the show is re written on the spot?

There was a dark matches advertised for Auska and new day, and Roman vs Drew but none happened. The only dark match was before smackdown aired and it was B Team Vs Heavy Machinery which was like a 4 min match ( heavy machinery got the win).
    WWE likes to have all their people on deck in the event plans have to change.

Ultimate Member

I've never liked that policy, mostly because they make the talent pay their own way to get there, regardless of if they're scheduled to be on the show or not.

Astonishing Member

They also get paid to be there, even if they aren't used.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've never liked that policy, mostly because they make the talent pay their own way to get there, regardless of if they're scheduled to be on the show or not.
    Given things like injuies and last minute changes, its not a bad idea to have all hands on deck so long as Vince is still paying them, which he does.

Astonishing Member

k o p-w 2017 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6933564/?ref_=ttep_ep20
    1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roppongi_3K https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taguchi_Japan defending the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_J...m_Championship
    2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Ospreay https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yujiro_Kushida defending the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_J...t_Championship

11:50 i did none of so those things so why am i benched? https://twitter.com/stevo2275
    lost my grandfather 12 21 07 lost my grandmother 10 15 14 (raised by both) so i understand
    38:40 i dont hate him 38:55 i just hate being yelled at and he is yelling at everybody watching not just at the camera...........Stay Hydrated and Cool thank you guys
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-05-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

I really hope they do a huge makeover for Bayley.

I want her to go from Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus.

This also would be a great time for a huge face push for Kari, Ember, and maybe Toni Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I really hope they do a huge makeover for Bayley.

I want her to go from Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus.

This also would be a great time for a huge face push for Kari, Ember, and maybe Toni Storm.
    In hindsight they sort of almost wasted Ember with the face vs face feud with Bayley. Not that they can't give her another shot, but I don't think anyone at this point would really buy her on the same level as Bayley.

But certainly this is an opportunity for the faces of the Smackdown womans division, as Bayley going heel creates a huge void that needs to be filled. Asuka and Kairi might work. Because they're a tag team, they can work the numbers game with Sasha and Bayley. Seems like Charlotte and Becky are probably the first up to bat though, given how things are shaping up.

Ultimate Member

The problem is less using the HW and Alexa as top stars. It's ALWAYS centering things around them. WWE doesn't put much effort into building up new stars long-term that THAT'S the real problem I think.

They at best do a half-hearted short term thing with other women, but abandon it before too long. Ember being the most recent example of this, but also Asuka as well. And then you have women like Kairi, who are shoved to the background from the beginning.

Sasha wins, Bayley retains, two heel BFF champions. Build up some nee babyfaces to challenge them. Let Mandy and Sonya win the tag belts and put some actual effort into their booking. Ideally let Asuka and Kairi split and push them as single's stars, or at least actually TRY when booking their team, etc.

It's not complicated really. WWE just doesn't really try most of the time.

Also with Bayley going heel, Becky is pretty much the only babyface with any real credibility now. And they need to fix that. Asuka or especially Kairi could easily fill that role if given a chance, or even Liv or Sonya potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is less using the HW and Alexa as top stars. It's ALWAYS centering things around them. WWE doesn't put much effort into building up new stars long-term that THAT'S the real problem I think.

They at best do a half-hearted short term thing with other women, but abandon it before too long. Ember being the most recent example of this, but also Asuka as well. And then you have women like Kairi, who are shoved to the background from the beginning.

Sasha wins, Bayley retains, two heel BFF champions. Build up some nee babyfaces to challenge them. Let Mandy and Sonya win the tag belts and put some actual effort into their booking. Ideally let Asuka and Kairi split and push them as single's stars, or at least actually TRY when booking their team, etc.

It's not complicated really. WWE just doesn't really try most of the time.

Also with Bayley going heel, Becky is pretty much the only babyface with any real credibility now. And they need to fix that. Asuka or especially Kairi could easily fill that role if given a chance, or even Liv or Sonya potentially.
    Course, the problem with that scenario is because Sasha and Bayley are only now getting the level of spotlight that Becky and Charlotte were getting the past year, odds are pretty good any faces that would challenge them would lose this early on. They should be protected for a bit.

Yes, seeing Asuka and Kairi feud with Sasha and Bayley would be great. But the Kabuki warriors probably should lose at least when it really counts. It's too soon to derail the BFF's heel push.

Mind you I'm not disagreeing with your booking here... just saying that the faces who step up to Sasha and Bayley are probably going to be used to ultlmately get Sasha and Bayley over. Though they can still look good in the process provided they give good matches rather than bathroom breaks (something Ember quite honestly didn't really do in her Bayley feud IMO).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, the problem with that scenario is because Sasha and Bayley are only now getting the level of spotlight that Becky and Charlotte were getting the past year, odds are pretty good any faces that would challenge them would lose this early on. They should be protected for a bit.

Yes, seeing Asuka and Kairi feud with Sasha and Bayley would be great. But the Kabuki warriors probably should lose at least when it really counts. It's too soon to derail the BFF's heel push.

Mind you I'm not disagreeing with your booking here... just saying that the faces who step up to Sasha and Bayley are probably going to be used to ultlmately get Sasha and Bayley over. Though they can still look good in the process provided they give good matches rather than bathroom breaks (something Ember quite honestly didn't really do in her Bayley feud IMO).
    The performers have to take some blame though. I sti have no idea what Ember is. She looks like a Vampire Xena, but she talks like a kid. She is great in ring, but what is there to root for.

Kari is similar in that way, but she embraces her weird more. The second language barrier does not help.

The WWE has done a poor job with face women, so you have to start off fresh. The last thing I want to see is face Charlotte.

Toni Storm is a fresh face that Vince can strap a rocket to.

Bring up Candace LeRae would be cool too.

Astonishing Member

The performers have to take some blame though. I sti have no idea what Ember is. She looks like a Vampire Xena, but she talks like a kid. She is great in ring, but what is there to root for.
    They've totally changed her character from warrior woman to introverted nerd girl who likes cosplay.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and this is how good jericho is. he turned a one off line into a damn meme. lol

Extraordinary Member

Cody will challenge Jericho at Full Gear