Page 736 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2366366867267327337347357367377387397407467868361236 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so you think becky and charlotte should lose when it counts in this program??

i think you're giving cody a bit too much credit. dustin bled buckets in that match, darby did his suicide bump stuff in that match, and the last match had MJF, tully, arn and even earl bringing drama and story to the match.
    I think there's a good possibility that both Charlotte and Becky will lose (Charlotte moreso than Becky). Sasha and Bayley have the numbers here. And both Charlotte and Becky are at the level where they don't need the belt.

And I don't disagree that Cody didn't have help... he wasn't in there by himself. But I'd still argue across the board Cody has delivered against different opponents in different feuds.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think ultimately wrestling is entertainment rather than a sport. So you do what better fits the narratives, and that SOMETIMES can conflict with win/loss records. Which isn't to say that you can't book things in a way which better reflects wins and loss... but ultimately it can't and shouldn't be the deciding factor in these sort of things.
    That goes against AEW goals. Tony Khan has said countless times that the TV show will have a sports like presentation and will focus on in ring and not backstage segments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That goes against AEW goals. Tony Khan has said countless times that the TV show will have a sports like presentation and will focus on in ring and not backstage segments.
    I think by that he meant none of WWE's variety show crap like guests hosts, Hornswoggle segments, celebrity matches, etc...

Extraordinary Member

I haven't seen AEW yet but the "sippin the bubbly thing" by Jericho s what I know the most so...yeah they don't seem to be skimping on the backstage stuff. Not mad at em tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Honestly I think NXT does a better job of simulating a "sport" than AEW does, if we're talking about a true alternative to the WWE. You can't throw invisible Hadouken fireballs at your opponents (who sell the moves) and credibly call presentation a real sport.

They add goofy stuff too ... it's just goofy stuff the Elite and Jericho find funny, rather than goofy stuff Vince finds funny. Not that I'm knockig them for doing it necessarily... but in comparrison to the high profile WWE alternatives out there, I think you can argue AEW is more like the WWE right now than NXT, ROH, or Impact. That's somewhat debatable of course.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Honestly I think NXT does a better job of simulating a "sport" than AEW does, if we're talking about a true alternative to the WWE. You can't throw invisible Hadouken fireballs at your opponents (who sell the moves) and credibly call presentation a real sport.

They add goofy stuff too ... it's just goofy stuff the Elite and Jericho find funny, rather than goofy stuff Vince finds funny. Not that I'm knockig them for doing it necessarily... but in comparrison to the high profile WWE alternatives out there, I think you can argue AEW is more like the WWE right now than NXT, ROH, or Impact. That's somewhat debatable of course.
    I'm talking about what Tony plans are for TV. The PPVs are a different matter. They already established that PPVs will operate under different rules. Bloodbaths like Cody vs Dustin will be for PPV and not TV. It wouldn't surprise me if the comedy stuff gets regulated to Being the Elite once it hits TV.

Astonishing Member

That Hadouken crap gives me a Cornette *******y

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That Hadouken crap gives me a Cornette *******y
    Cornette had freaking Ninja Turtles in his promotions. He doesn't have room to say shit.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Cornette had freaking Ninja Turtles in his promotions. He doesn't have room to say shit.
    I can see why some might call him on that, but it's not exactly the same thing. Cornette had a ninja turtle beat HIM up. Had the ninja turtle beat up an actual wrestler, that might be different.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-08-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I think there's a good possibility that both Charlotte and Becky will lose (Charlotte moreso than Becky). Sasha and Bayley have the numbers here. And both Charlotte and Becky are at the level where they don't need the belt.

And I don't disagree that Cody didn't have help... he wasn't in there by himself. But I'd still argue across the board Cody has delivered against different opponents in different feuds.
    i'm asking who you think SHOULD win when it counts, not for predictions.

wait, what??

fukyes
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-08-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'm asking who you think SHOULD win when it counts, not for predictions.

wait, what??

fukyes
    I would split the difference.

I think Charlotte loses via interference by Sasha, so that Bayley retains. Bayley tries to interfere with Beckys match, but Charlotte comes out and prevents it. That will allow for RAW champ Becky to face Smackdown champ Bayley at Survivor Series, while Charlotte and Sasha can probably captain their respective teams.

I think Becky EVENTUALLY will probably drop the belt too, but after Survivor Series.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Top 10 ranking never really made sense as far as reflecting booking, because OBVIOUSLY the US champion is pretty much always number one contender. But historically mid-card champions almost NEVER got world title shots. There were exceptions... Luger got a bunch against Flair. But generally mid-card champs defending their own title despite being number one contender.

I actually liked how in Lucha Underground their secondardy title could be traded in for a world title shot (though the entire process was overly complicated the core idea was good). I think if you're going to have the IC or US champ be considered number one contender, the mid-card champ should have the option of surrendering the belt for a world title shot.
    Well the US Title was supposed to be the mid/upper card title where the champion would get a brief look at that level. To see how he'd do. Its like the next step up and many US Champions became WCW World Champions in WCW . One was offered the WCW World title (Barry Windham but he turned it down actually so he could have been listed here).

Lex Luger
    Sting
    Rick Rude
    Diamond Dallas Page
    Goldberg
    Scott Steiner
    Chris Benoit
    Jeff Jarrett

Now in looking Lance Storm had Bischoff gotten the company had a run where he won every mid/lower card title. As Bischoff later claimed the idea was that Storm would become one of the company's top heels and likely WCW World Champion that fall when they relaunched.

But the overall idea was at times to give a test look at guys with US Title. Those in upper card not working main event world title angles could get a program. I feel sad for Raven as he had won the US Title but never got the upper card program he wanted (he pitched working with Piper , who wanted to do it ..Bischoff later said no). Goldberg himself had his US title run suddenly end because they went for him winning the World title in Georgia Dome as a silly move , ruining a huge PPV Starrcade 1998 buyrate.

In TNA , Hogan/Bischoff pitched a near same idea that Lucha Underground had. If you were X-Division champion within a year you could trade the X-Division title in and get a World title shot at the PPV. Austin Aires did that one year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the US Title was supposed to be the mid/upper card title where the champion would get a brief look at that level. To see how he'd do. Its like the next step up and many US Champions became WCW World Champions in WCW . One was offered the WCW World title (Barry Windham but he turned it down actually so he could have been listed here).

Lex Luger
    Sting
    Rick Rude
    Diamond Dallas Page
    Goldberg
    Scott Steiner
    Chris Benoit
    Jeff Jarrett

Now in looking Lance Storm had Bischoff gotten the company had a run where he won every mid/lower card title. As Bischoff later claimed the idea was that Storm would become one of the company's top heels and likely WCW World Champion that fall when they relaunched.

But the overall idea was at times to give a test look at guys with US Title. Those in upper card not working main event world title angles could get a program. I feel sad for Raven as he had won the US Title but never got the upper card program he wanted (he pitched working with Piper , who wanted to do it ..Bischoff later said no). Goldberg himself had his US title run suddenly end because they went for him winning the World title in Georgia Dome as a silly move , ruining a huge PPV Starrcade 1998 buyrate.

In TNA , Hogan/Bischoff pitched a near same idea that Lucha Underground had. If you were X-Division champion within a year you could trade the X-Division title in and get a World title shot at the PPV. Austin Aires did that one year.
    No, I understand the point of a mid-card title.

I'm just saying that it's somewhat pointless to always list the US champ as the number one contender every week, when they never get a title shot. It basicaly exposes the top 10 list as a fraud when the number 1 contender never wrestles for the world title.