Page 737 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2376376877277337347357367377387397407417477878371237 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,055 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Cornette had freaking Ninja Turtles in his promotions. He doesn't have room to say shit.

as a reminder, the most beloved and respected man in pro wrestling is a zombie mortician with magic powers who gets said powers from a pasty funeral director and his greatest rival is his brother who has to power to set people on fire with the wave of his hand.

so wrestling has always been serious. lol

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as a reminder, the most beloved and respected man in pro wrestling is a zombie mortician with magic powers who gets said powers from a pasty funeral director and his greatest rival is his brother who has to power to set people on fire with the wave of his hand.

Taker was more the exception than the rule though. During that era of the WWE, there were a LOT of crappy overly cartoony gimmicks... from plumbers to Vikings to Hockey players and garbage men. By some miracle the Taker gimmick just happened to work, in large part to Mark being good enough to pull it off. But generally speaking, the overly cartoony stuff probably hurt the WWE when it went as far as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    Taker was more the exception than the rule though. During that era of the WWE, there were a LOT of crappy overly cartoony gimmicks... from plumbers to Vikings to Hockey players and garbage men. By some miracle the Taker gimmick just happened to work, in large part to Mark being good enough to pull it off. But generally speaking, the overly cartoony stuff probably hurt the WWE when it went as far as it did.
    There were definitely some turned off by WWE's cartoonish presentation and preferred other promotions.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Ultimate Member

Kane is another example.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Undertaker himself morphed the gimmick over time moving beyond undead creature we saw as well. So it helped by the late 1990's as he appeared more human than his 1990 look. Because quite frankly had Undertaker not been allowed to change and morph his gimmick over time he'd have not lasted as long. Its the same with Sting. People may miss the surfer Sting but he needed to change his look.

Every successful wrestler does a change to their look as time passes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Undertaker himself morphed the gimmick over time moving beyond undead creature we saw as well. So it helped by the late 1990's as he appeared more human than his 1990 look. Because quite frankly had Undertaker not been allowed to change and morph his gimmick over time he'd have not lasted as long. Its the same with Sting. People may miss the surfer Sting but he needed to change his look.

Every successful wrestler does a change to their look as time passes.
    i'm just saying that if you can accept the undertaker and his gimmick, then a hadouken isn't much of a problem.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

i'm just saying that if you can accept the undertaker and his gimmick, then a hadouken isn't much of a problem.
    I disagree. There are limits to suspension of disbelief. I have an easier time accepting the Undertaker over orange Cassidy and Joey Ryan dick flips.

I don't think you can say EVERY cheesy gimmick isn't a problem just because the Undertaker gimmick ended up working. It's more an exception than a rule. It worked, and it worked VERY VERY well. You can argue it's even the greatest gimmick of all time. But Taker just had a bad @$$ presence that made him feel believable, even though the gimmick completely wasn't.

AEW is rumored to float the idea of seasons and fully intend to reset W/L records from time to time, seasons or not. Potential ideas include loser leaves town matches where the winner gets a reset. They also said They might get inflated at times with house shows ...

And Jericho's partners have been rumored to be part of a new stable (LAX?) but Chris will still be solo.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AEW is rumored to float the idea of seasons and fully intend to reset W/L records from time to time, seasons or not. Potential ideas include loser leaves town matches where the winner gets a reset. They also said They might get inflated at times with house shows ...

And Jericho's partners have been rumored to be part of a new stable (LAX?) but Chris will still be solo.
    The post show of All Out has Tony confirming they are doing year round TV. They just won't feature the same guys every week as a means to prevent them from burning out.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I disagree. There are limits to suspension of disbelief. I have an easier time accepting the Undertaker over orange Cassidy and Joey Ryan dick flips.
    While the Joey Ryan stuff is funny , as a comedy sketch deal ...in ring as a serious move well...yeah its not something I'd be a fan of.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    that......i don't understand.

but OC is acquired taste. i didn't get him myself until i actually started watching some of his matches, especially his match against david starr.

Extraordinary Member

So some news has come out on why Shane hasn't been on TV and a while. And it's not a reason that any of us will like, because it's not a choice WWE made, he's just got Jury Duty

i think the cheese has slid off kenny's cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So some news has come out on why Shane hasn't been on TV and a while. And it's not a reason that any of us will like, because it's not a choice WWE made, he's just got Jury Duty
    So that means he's sequestered on a long, complicated case. Or it just means he can't travel, but since MSG is within driving distance of Connecticut, maybe he'll be on this week.