Page 758 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2586587087487547557567577587597607617627688088581258 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW scooped up Impact's entire production team. Impact scrambling to find a new team.

https://www.sescoops.com/aew-raids-i...oduction-team/

Wrestlers ain't the only ones being poached in the new war.
    Not surprising I suppose. There aren't THAT many production people out there who have experience doing wrestling on a national level outside of the WWE. AEW would likely want to acquire as much of it as it can, and have deep enough pockets to do it.

I've said all along that AEW doesn't really hurt the WWE so much as it does everyone else. Impact, ROH and maybe to a SMALL degree New Japan. They're the ones who are going to be the real victims of the new wrestling wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, Triple H ran NXT (and by most peoples view is doing a pretty solid job), and he didn't push EC3 either.

But NXT is arguably more of a work rate product, and I'm not sure you can really say EC3 is anything more than average in the ring.
    EC3 seems like a performer who actually fits the MR more than NXT and has seemingly all the stuff that Vince tends to love. Which makes his booking even more baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007
    EC3 seems like a performer who actually fits the MR more than NXT and has seemingly all the stuff that Vince tends to love. Which makes his booking even more baffling.
    Maybe EC3 hasn't been impressive to Vince.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Maybe EC3 hasn't been impressive to Vince.
    Has he impressed anybody?

Honestly I'm a little surprised there's this much discussion about pushing EC3. If we were all to create a list of the top 3 wrestlers we hope Vince pushes, would EC3 make that list? Would he make top 5? Would he even make top 10?

I don't wanna be overly critical of the guy, because he's not terrible or anything. But I think it's fair to say he's a pretty generic wrestler. There's nothing particularly unique or distinctive or exciting about what he does in the ring. It's just fine.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Sorry but none of that makes sense. Not even a little bit.

Acquiring talent so others don't get them makes sense.

Vince not having a high opinion o fEC3 before and still doesn't have a high opinion now makes sense.

I find in real life, once someone puts a label on you, it's nearly impossible to get them to take that label permanently off.
    Getting talent to just sit on them is the silliest move. In fact its not 20+ years ago and Vince isn't fighting a Monday Night War anymore. He doesn't need to keep a Justin Credible from getting out of his contact because he's afraid he may go to WCW and join Hall/Nash. (A fact Credible asked for his release as he didn't like Aldo , Vince refused because he didn't want the stigma of losing someone. But he allowed him to go to ECW)

Trying to lock people down and sitting on them basically creates an atmosphere where 1) The worker doesn't give a **** and lets himself not care onscreen anymore. Wasting a spot you could sign someone promising your high on. 2) Wasting money. Because your paying for this guy you signed and your doing nothing. 3) Fans see this and question why your keeping a talent you aren't interested in wasting TV time there.

Right now AEW and Impact aren't competition. They are far from it. Vince trying to spite other companies is beyond silly when he really is never having to worry about this given the Fox deal for Smackdown. He doesn't need to even keep talent he doesn't care for. (Plus it hurts him as said companies could get talent over , he resigns them later etc)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I'm a little surprised there's this much discussion about pushing EC3. If we were all to create a list of the top 3 wrestlers we hope Vince pushes, would EC3 make that list? Would he make top 5? Would he even make top 10?

I don't wanna be overly critical of the guy, because he's not terrible or anything. But I think it's fair to say he's a pretty generic wrestler. There's nothing particularly unique or distinctive or exciting about what he does in the ring. It's just fine.
    I still heart EC3 from his storyline in NXT Season 3.

I think it could be argued that putting him in such a prominent Jobber position is their way of pushing him. He could easily be MIA like Primo and Epico, Bo Dallas, etc.

But right now WWE has the deepest talent pool it's ever had. There's no way to do everyone justice.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not surprising I suppose. There aren't THAT many production people out there who have experience doing wrestling on a national level outside of the WWE. AEW would likely want to acquire as much of it as it can, and have deep enough pockets to do it.

I've said all along that AEW doesn't really hurt the WWE so much as it does everyone else. Impact, ROH and maybe to a SMALL degree New Japan. They're the ones who are going to be the real victims of the new wrestling wars.
    AEW already hurt RoH. Remember that RoH handled the production for All In which was the launching pad for AEW. AEW became a thing they took all the RoH talent that wasn't tied down to a contract. Can't help but feel they got conned.

EC3 is the prototypical Vince guy. Great physique, great mic skills, charismatic and plays his character to perfection. He's average in the ring but that never held back anyone in WWE. He's someone I expect to get the rocket to the moon

Meanwhile WWE have comics competition, and it's their current tv and ppv rivals ....DC have signed a deal to produce AEW comic books.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/2019/09/25...howard-porter/
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

EC3 is the prototypical Vince guy. Great physique, great mic skills, charismatic and plays his character to perfection. He's average in the ring but that never held back anyone in WWE. He's someone I expect to get the rocket to the moon
    put EC3 in the ring with the right guy and he can give you gold.

it should also be noted that despite how good he is on the mic, EC3 has barely spoken 3 sentences during his time on the MR. that's like having ZSJ on the roster and have him only do armbars every match.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

it should also be noted that despite how good he is on the mic, EC3 has barely spoken 3 sentences during his time on the MR. that's like having ZSJ on the roster and have him only do armbars every match.
    He had some mic time in NXT. And he was fine. Though I don't think he necessarily got himself all that over.

I don't know... I guesss you guys are more impressed with him than I am. Not that I am against him getting a push, but there are easily a dozen people I'd sooner see pushed over him.

He had some mic time in NXT. And he was fine. Though I don't think he necessarily got himself all that over.

I don't know... I guesss you guys are more impressed with him than I am. Not that I am against him getting a push, but there are easily a dozen people I'd sooner see pushed over him.
    His Impact run is phenomenal. He wouldn't be back in WWE if they didn't make him a star.

His Impact run is phenomenal. He wouldn't be back in WWE if they didn't make him a star.
    i wasn't sold on him at first but his charisma and mic work were too good. and he could've had a good run in NXT if they hadn't called him up to the MR without a damn plan for him in place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Yeah, EC3 has not even been given the chance to fail. Putting out at minimum 7 hours of weekly live content, there is always room for a guy/gal, who can talk.

There is a place for a manager who can get his butt kicked. Let him manage some women. Let him manage Dana Brooke. Let him manage Lashley. Let him have a talk show. Give him five minutes a week to entertain and put somebody else over.

the A show opens with the UE, dripping with gold.

first match, keith lee vs. dom.