Page 760 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2606607107507567577587597607617627637647708108601260 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and his partners are the fashion police.

you may have won the battle, KUSHIDA, but WALTER will win the war.

in 7 days, the war truly begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I dunno if it's just me, but i'm triggered by N XT's blatant swiping of AEW's first show card over these last two weeks:
    - Mauro randomly mentions "joshi" terminology with Io, knowing damn well they've NEVER labelled her as such
    - They have Velveteen vs Roddy title match , (something that AEW's been advertising) on their opening show
    - Now they're also booking a women's title match on the SAME NIGHT as AEW's opener, which promotes the exact same thing
    - They swag jacked The Elite vs Jericho + mystery partners, and swapped in The Imperium vs Kushida + 2 partners

.. Is Vince THIS freaking scared of The Elite?? It's annoying, and just makes NXT look uncreative (which it really is)
    Judging by the obsessive shots Kenny Omega keeps taking at NXT (yes, yes I know he's "in character") I'd say the Elite are just as scared of NXT/WWE.

I dunno if it's just me, but i'm triggered by N XT's blatant swiping of AEW's first show card over these last two weeks:
    - Mauro randomly mentions "joshi" terminology with Io, knowing damn well they've NEVER labelled her as such
    - They have Velveteen vs Roddy title match , (something that AEW's been advertising) on their opening show
    - Now they're also booking a women's title match on the SAME NIGHT as AEW's opener, which promotes the exact same thing
    - They swag jacked The Elite vs Jericho + mystery partners, and swapped in The Imperium vs Kushida + 2 partners

.. Is Vince THIS freaking scared of The Elite?? It's annoying, and just makes NXT look uncreative (which it really is)
    Firstly I doubt Vince is directly responsible for the booking.

Secondly, it's competition. I think that's part of the fun of it.

Ultimate Member

Keith Lee is so good.

Dakota is back, YEAH!!

Get Rhea back into the title picture, SOON!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its rare i agree with Jim Cornette on modern wrestling. But in his podcast he brought up the AEW pay deal. In his words Chris Jericho should be earning the most because he's the biggest legit star right now. That he doesn't know his pay but Jericho has most modern era name value from WWE.

He then said the AEW owner needs to go visit CM Punk. Sit down and throw whatever is needed at him. That he should have been recruited that way and that AEW is seriously behind him. As he joked at a certain point money gets harder to turn down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I wouldn't spend that much on cm punk if I was AEW honestly maybe before UFC but not now he just lost to much credibility after UFC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's war, my man.
    we benefit
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I wouldn't spend that much on cm punk if I was AEW honestly maybe before UFC but not now he just lost to much credibility after UFC.
    Wrestling fans won't care. Wrestling was something he's actually good at and there's fans that will pay to see him do it again.

Fantastic Member

F*** Punk, the culture is better with him gone.

Ultimate Member

No one expected Punk to do well in MMA to begin with, everything was working against him there. It's like Brock's short-lived attempt to play in the NFL, no one much cares about it when it comes to him as a wrestler.

Also if it would get AJ Lee to maybe makes some appearances, that'd be great to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wrestling fans won't care. Wrestling was something he's actually good at and there's fans that will pay to see him do it again.
    Agreed. Fans don't care about UFC.He was toe to toe with Cena as the biggest name in wrestling. It's not like he is grossly out of shape. He is probably in the best of his life.

Astonishing Member

Lol..yeah that's a bit much.

Imperium vs Kushida and the Fashion Police is not a barn burner. It's nowhere on the level of an Elite vs Jericho match.

If it was the Undisputed Era vs Dream, Riddle and returning DIY, I would get your point.

The NXT women have always been a staple.

Mauro's random mentions is an uncontrollable tornado that even his co-hosts tune out

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yeah, CM Punk might still turn a few heads but he's not really at the level of throwing crazy money at anymore IMO.

No doubt he'll be a draw (wrestling and UFC are in two different realities) but i don't think AEW should go crazy over him.