Page 762 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2626627127527587597607617627637647657667728128621262 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

More like he had a curiosity that he wanted to test out.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

richard bagnar, aka "fake razor ramon", has passed

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    richard bagnar, aka "fake razor ramon", has passed
    say good bye to the "fake bad guy "
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-28-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I feel a lot for Bognar for being saddled with a terrible gimmick and stepping into that situation. Having to come in and do the "Fake" Razor gimmick was basically a death sentence. No way was it gonna work out at all.

Bognar had wrestled in FMW and more in the late 1980's and briefly was in ECW as Big Titan. As a joke he was doing silly accents and Paul Heyman heard it, then was later signed to WWF to do that gimmick. Bognar sadly hurt his neck in 1999 and retired after a tour of Japan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10973726/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
    NJPW Destruction In Beppu 2019
    Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Yoshi-Hashi)
    Tag team match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Singles match for the British Heavyweight Championship

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10973732/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
    Destruction in Kagoshima 2019
    Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) (c) vs The Birds of Prey (Will Ospreay and Robbie Eagles)
    Tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
    Kota Ibushi vs Kenta
    Singles match for the Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Championship challenge rights certificate
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-28-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    More like he had a curiosity that he wanted to test out.
    He was a pro fighter who was terrible at being a pro fighter. His point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    He was a pro fighter who was terrible at being a pro fighter. His point still stands.
    To believe CM Punk was somehow gonna be great at UFC discounts the following...

- He was 38 years old by the time he entered the UFC. While many had been competing for years and training....Punk had 2 years to get ready.

- He was actually supposed to debut in 2015 but injuries from his wrestling held him back.

- At 38 , he was facing a guy who was 24 and had been competing and training for years in Micky Gall.

Punk has nothing to be ashamed of. He tried it , he was a massive underdog doing it. Coach has no excuse , he's been doing this for years and in his previous stint.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Yeah virtually no one thought that Punk was going to do well, the deck was completely stacked against him from the beginning. It was something that he wanted to try, and he did. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Coach, he's had a decade+ to improve and not only has he not, he's gotten WORSE if anything. So n excuse there.

I just don't know why punk has to go straight to ufc if you're gonna try mma out why not try a lower MMA company out.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I just don't know why punk has to go straight to ufc if you're gonna try mma out why not try a lower MMA company out.
    I think going to the UFC was the obvious choice because it was going to give him the most exposure and the biggest pay check. People would tune to see him out of curiosity if nothing else. He's not really worth seeing more than once... MAYBE twice. So he might as well get as much exposure and money as he can with his one shot.

And Punk wanted to do UFC awhile. He took heat for coming out with Sonnen at a UFC show before he left the company. Never mind that Undertaker had done this himself as well.

A fact Punk brought up getting advertisers for his tights ala a UFC fighter. He was rejected and joked later they let Brock Lesnar do it.

So yeah Punk always had that UFC connection. What is funny is he took some unfair heat from the company for it and wasn't allowed to do something.

Astonishing Member

$$$$$$$$$$$

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To believe CM Punk was somehow gonna be great at UFC discounts the following...

- He was 38 years old by the time he entered the UFC. While many had been competing for years and training....Punk had 2 years to get ready.

- He was actually supposed to debut in 2015 but injuries from his wrestling held him back.

- At 38 , he was facing a guy who was 24 and had been competing and training for years in Micky Gall.

Punk has nothing to be ashamed of. He tried it , he was a massive underdog doing it. Coach has no excuse , he's been doing this for years and in his previous stint.
    yep. no one pressured him to do it. he didn't feel forced to do it. it was something he wanted to do to see if he could do it.

got nothing but respect for him for doing it as late as he did.

I'm just saying UFC is not for beginners.

I'm just saying UFC is not for beginners.

Its a hard business doing MMA , those guys are legit tough as hell to do that.