Page 763 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2636637137537597607617627637647657667677738138631263 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 19298
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Mickey Gall only had one fight before Punk. The 'not for beginners' argument has already failed.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm just saying UFC is not for beginners.
    Like it or not, CM punk obviously disproved that.

And I'm sure White knew dam well giving Punk as much spotlight as he did hurt their credibility. But money talks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Mickey Gall only had one fight before Punk. The 'not for beginners' argument has already failed.
    Lesnar made into UFC after having only one fight. UFC no gives Fs about a fighter's experience level.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Micky Gall was an amateur fighter and trained a number of years for MMA. Punk had 2 years. Gall had more experience going into a MMA fight than what Punk ever had. Plus the age and injury history did not help Punk as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ite wasn't just that Punk was a beginner though... it's that Punk simply isn't a legit athlete and had no actual talent for fighting.

You could take an ameteure wrestler or even an amateur basketball or football player, give them the same amount of training as Punk, and they would likey do much better. Punk is literally a fan out of the crowd with no athletic background whatsoever, and it showed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lesnar made into UFC after having only one fight. UFC no gives Fs about a fighter's experience level.
    There is a huge skill level disparity with Heavyweights and lighter weight classes. Brock is an actual trained wrestler, so he was hardly a rookie in the right game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ite wasn't just that Punk was a beginner though... it's that Punk simply isn't a legit athlete and had no actual talent for fighting.

You could take an ameteure wrestler or even an amateur basketball or football player, give them the same amount of training as Punk, and they would likey do much better. Punk is literally a fan out of the crowd with no athletic background whatsoever, and it showed.
    Except he is an athlete. It takes being an athlete to work in pro wrestling and not get gassed minutes in. Punk may never looked like he hit weights etc but its clear he did work out and keep himself in shape to work in pro wrestling. Its like telling AJ Styles he's not an athlete even though he's out there most nights working matches and performing best he can in ring.

Punk just waited way too long for MMA and by the time he did his age and body was working against him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Like it or not, CM punk obviously disproved that.
    I think you meant he proved it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except he is an athlete. It takes being an athlete to work in pro wrestling and not get gassed minutes in. Punk may never looked like he hit weights etc but its clear he did work out and keep himself in shape to work in pro wrestling. Its like telling AJ Styles he's not an athlete even though he's out there most nights working matches and performing best he can in ring.

Punk just waited way too long for MMA and by the time he did his age and body was working against him.
    There's a difference between being fit and being athletic though. Plenty of guys who hit the gym don't have the natural athletic ability to be professional athletes. Not everyone, even people in good shape who get training, can do this ESPECIALLY at this level.

Ultimate Member

Punk was also pushing 40 and had had numerous injuries from his wrestling career. So he probably wasn't in his physical prime anyway, especially when facing a guy almost 15 years younger than him.

Astonishing Member

There's a difference between being fit and being athletic though. Plenty of guys who hit the gym don't have the natural athletic ability to be professional athletes. Not everyone, even people in good shape who get training, can do this ESPECIALLY at this level.
    It's just different skills sets. Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player in the world, he was a horrible baseball player.

Baseball players are a lower tier of professional athlete, I say on the level of Punk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's just different skills sets. Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player in the world, he was a horrible baseball player.

Baseball players are a lower tier of professional athlete, I say on the level of Punk.
    The average baseball player's heart would pop like a zit if they tried to work a pro-wrestling match.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

There are instances where you can overcome the lack of sheer athleticism through sheer skill. And there are instances where you can overcome lack of skill through sheer athleticism. That said, I don't think either really applies to Punk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    The average baseball player's heart would pop like a zit if they tried to work a pro-wrestling match.
    Oh yeah, I agree. It's why object to Punk or most wrestlers not being called athletes. Kevin Owens and I might share similar body types, but Kevin is most definitely the athlete of the two of us.

Astonishing Member

I have to comment on the WWE commentators.

You can't give some random dude the Raw color commentating role.

I get wanting to have a non white male for the role. But I listen to Dio, and he had nothing.

Guys like
    Mark Henry.
    Dvon Dudley
    MVP
    Elijah Burke
    Chavo Guerrero
    And so on, would have been much better picks.

If I had my way it would be

Phillips,JBL , and Mark Henryon Smackdown.JBL has FOX ties.
    Joseph ,Graves, and Saxton on Raw.

Let Cole do sit-down interviews.
    Let Paige have a talk show segment instead of Miz.