Page 767 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2676677177577637647657667677687697707717778178671267 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 19298
    Spectacular Member

Aew will air on TSN in Canada partnership just made official
    Last edited by Jynx; 10-01-2019 at 04:38 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

smackdown may have moved but we will still be riffing. only this time, we are doing impact.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Aew will air on TSN in Canada partnership just made official
    This is where the real money is at ...getting overseas TV deals. Its part of why Anthem (and why WWE was interested at one point) wanted Impact, getting TV deals is the $$$ right now. Hopefully AEW can secure more overseas TV deals to bring revenue in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

smackdown may have moved but we will still be riffing. only this time, we are doing impact.
    only 2 hours? 3 hour its a show

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10780922/?ref_=tt_eps_cu_n
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3313925/?ref_=tt_cl_t12
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-01-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I missed the last few minutes of AEW. Who did Jericho name as his mystery partners?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I missed the last few minutes of AEW. Who did Jericho name as his mystery partners?
    LAX are going to be his partners.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Wait I thought AEW was tommorrow?

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-02-2019 at 01:34 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Wait I thought AEW was tommorrow?

They did a one hour preview show. The mainevent is tonight.

I am really looking forward to watching Aew. I quit watching WWE about ten years ago. I wanted to get back into it but I have no idea who a lot of the guys are and I am lost in the storylines since I am kinda getting back in so late. But Aew has a couple of people I really enjoy like Chris J and Cody. I hope Cody gets the belt before too long. He deserves it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Hopefully AEW guys in charge lean on Jim Ross when it comes to adding talents and who they can bring in. Jim Ross not only is an announcer but he was also a key figure on building the Attitude era roster that really launched the WWF back. I remember Ross detailing a few facts..

- The WWF was in a major spot as they didn't have the money Turner had and they couldn't go into bidding wars for talent etc. They were fighting a war basically.

- He convinced Vince McMahon they had to go with a young roster with veterans sprinkled in that they could get and fit the roster. But youth wise Jim Ross helped bring in Rock , HHH , Edge , Christian and Kurt Angle over time. His veteran additions was Boss Man , Jericho etc.

So Conrad Thompson asked him if he was able to be in charge of talent who would he bring in. Ross told him that being serious no one with contracts. So he started listing off guys.

- Jack Swagger : 1st name he named. He likes Swagger's skill set and feels he'd fit in perfect with AEW. He needs some coaching for sure and feels he was getting close to that with Dutch Mantell.

- Harry Smith (Davey Boy Jr. ) Ross feels he has great upside and he doesn't believe in Smith using Davey's name.

- Jeff Kolb : A big bruiser he likes. That he has size and athleticism.

Ross feels as wrestlers see the TV product that AEW does , as their contracts get close to expire your gonna see them possibly approach working in AEW. But right now for what they have and need , they need size and possible villains as the guys he listed.

Ross is asked who has the biggest star potential in AEW. Ross named Hangman Page who at 27 he feels has a lot of upside. Good look , good college kid. Jim Ross puts over completing college that he feels a guy who works and studies , to finish college is great for a company. That you want goal oriented guys in your company.

He also likes Jack Perry (Luke's son , Jungle Boy) and claims he sees so many there. These guys gotta figure it out themselves and showcase what they have. Ross feels that the All Out deal will make people decide on things more on exactly who they have to get behind.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

JR is not a good announcer for AEW. From the past four shows he really doesn't gel with the product and there are times were he would subtlety bury or just not put over what's happening. JR stayed completely silent Orange Cassidy appeared in All Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    JR is not a good announcer for AEW. From the past four shows he really doesn't gel with the product and there are times were he would subtlety bury or just not put over what's happening. JR stayed completely silent Orange Cassidy appeared in All Out.
    I wouldn't say he's not a good announcer for AEW in general... but there are certain aspects of it which I agree he doesn't gel with. His think his more old school traditional mentality doesn't translate as well with SOME aspects of the current product. That said, I am guessing the TV show will be a bit more traditional in it's presentation than some of their PPVs. Or at least for their sake, I'm hoping that's the case.

Konnan made it funny discussing it and said what many at home was thinking , 'Who the **** is this guy ?"

Jim Ross is almost a Joey Styles , he isn't gonna sell you horse **** and act like its the best thing possible. Its clear Ross likely saw this entire deal and was like , really ? How do I sell a guy with hands in his pockets acting like he's the 2nd coming and the mainstream and myself never saw this guy ?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Konnan made it funny discussing it and said what many at home was thinking , 'Who the **** is this guy ?"

Jim Ross is almost a Joey Styles , he isn't gonna sell you horse **** and act like its the best thing possible. Its clear Ross likely saw this entire deal and was like , really ? How do I sell a guy with hands in his pockets acting like he's the 2nd coming and the mainstream and myself never saw this guy ?
    Unfortunately he works for a promotion with the a good portion of its roster is horse ****. I can understand why he didn't put over Orange Cassidy. I don't think he can keep that up long term with AEW.

Unfortunately he works for a promotion with the a good portion of its roster is horse ****. I can understand why he didn't put over Orange Cassidy. I don't think he can keep that up long term with AEW.
    He put over Page and Jack Perry , he mentioned there is a few others there as well. He sees some there clearly as talent. But as he said the roster still needs some guys to build with and its why he mentioned Jack Swagger and Harry Smith. But yeah there is still work to be done roster wise as time passes.