Page 768 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2686687187587647657667677687697707717727788188681268 ... LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Konnan made it funny discussing it and said what many at home was thinking , 'Who the fuck is this guy ?"

Jim Ross is almost a Joey Styles , he isn't gonna sell you horse shit and act like its the best thing possible. Its clear Ross likely saw this entire deal and was like , really ? How do I sell a guy with hands in his pockets acting like he's the 2nd coming and the mainstream and myself never saw this guy ?
    The thing is, it's sort of his job to sell it. If it's obvious JR doesn't give a damn then why should the audience?

For the record I'm personally not in disagreement with JR going "who the f*ck is this guy?" ... that was my reaction too. But he should be selling it like these are all superstars we should give a damn about. That is his job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Unfortunately he works for a promotion with the a good portion of its roster is horse shit. I can understand why he didn't put over Orange Cassidy. I don't think he can keep that up long term with AEW.
    Word. I like that JR sees the lack of big guys is a problem in AEW. I would add Killer Kross and Big Cass to his wish list.Hell, Shad Gaspard would be a good get.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, it's sort of his job to sell it. If it's obvious JR doesn't give a damn then why should the audience?

For the record I'm personally not in disagreement with JR going "who the f*ck is this guy?" ... that was my reaction too. But he should be selling it like these are all superstars we should give a damn about. That is his job.
    He loses credibility to putting over joke acts like Orange Cassidy. JR just shilling for the sake of shilling is devalueing him as an asset.

Possible compromise us that you use JR as a voice over guy for vignettes,sit down interviews, and play by play for championship/ main event matches.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is an interesting video. A video essay about the Wednesday night war. What interested me is that this guy painted the picture of Cody using AEW to make himself HHH

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    He loses credibility to putting over joke acts like Orange Cassidy. JR just shilling for the sake of shilling is devalueing him as an asset.

Possible compromise us that you use JR as a voice over guy for vignettes,sit down interviews, and play by play for championship/ main event matches.
    If they're not worth putting over, then they shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

I'm not saying he needs to build them up like they're the second coming of Lou Thez or anything, but he should find some way of emphasizing whatever strengths they may have as entertainers and at least try and make them come off as people worth our time. Even if they're probably not.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they're not worth putting over, then they shouldn't be on the show in the first place.
    You.
    Me.
    And Jim Cornette agree

Chris Jericho’s contract with AEW allows him to work NJPW shows, and he’s currently scheduled to face Hiroshi Tanahashi at the Tokyo Dome for WK 14.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

You.
    Me.
    And Jim Cornette agree
    Orange Cassidy is one of my favorite Indy wrestlers and worth putting over. :P

However, I understand the argument. He has a comedy gimmick, meant for the lower-mid card. From a kayfabe standpoint, he's not really a threat. Sometimes announcers (and wrestlers) play along like they are in the ring with Brock Lesnar, but it's obvious they are being sarcastic/playing along.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Orange Cassidy is one of my favorite Indy wrestlers and worth putting over. :P

However, I understand the argument. He has a comedy gimmick, meant for the lower-mid card. From a kayfabe standpoint, he's not really a threat. Sometimes announcers (and wrestlers) play along like they are in the ring with Brock Lesnar, but it's obvious they are being sarcastic/playing along.
    ditto. don't get me wrong. i don't wanna see OC win the big belt or anything. i just enjoy him for what he does. and he happens to be very athletic in the ring.

as a reminder, the cobra is still one of the most protected moves in the WWE history.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ditto. don't get me wrong. i don't wanna see OC win the big belt or anything. i just enjoy him for what he does. and he happens to be very athletic in the ring.

as a reminder, the cobra is still one of the most protected moves in the WWE history.
    The Cobra is different. Santino mastered that move in the Shao Lin with Master Rza and the rest of the Wu Tang Clan

The Cobra is different. Santino mastered that move in the Shao Lin with Master Rza and the rest of the Wu Tang Clan
    and OC learned at the feet of the grand masters redman and methodman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

The Cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The Cobra?
    oh that's right. you weren't around for it.

the cobra was the finisher for santino marella, a comedy wrestler. he would take out a sock in the shape of a cobra, put it on his hand, scream "cobra" and then poke the other guy in the head as if his hand was a actual snake.

i am hard pressed to remember anyone ever kicking out of it. and it worked on damn near everyone, from jobbers to ME guys.

30 minutes remain before the war.

looks like dynamite is opening with sami vs. cody.