Page 780 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707767777787797807817827837847908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly, I'll wager 99% of the wrestlers in the lockeroom would have been happy to swap places with Kofi last night if it meant winning the WWE title at Wrestlemania and holding the belt for the better part of the year.

Yeah, it sucks he got squashed but really, he can probably ride the fan support for what happened for another couple months. It was hardly best case scenario, but he'll be fine.
    I'm sure if a good many who valued themselves as workers would like to be Champion for months and suddenly be told , oh hey ...we want you to lose in a big squash match within 10 seconds. I'm sure some would stand up and say...****..NO.

I would have respected Kofi more if he had decided to walk out over that finish until it got changed. I mean Benoit walked out over how his friends was booked for a Nitro after he felt he was lied to and handed the belt back. CM Punk literally told HHH he didn't need to work with him in a Wrestlemania match and walked out.

With AEW and other options now out there , it stuns me Kofi decided to do this as a finish. Even if Vince sits on him awhile , at least Kofi could bring up how he refused to be buried on national TV for a part timer who rarely shows up. He could have became a folk hero and someone who refused to go along with bullshit. I'm more sad for Kofi because he went along as usual with the company and seems too loyal.

Its sad...but there is little to recover here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Ring of Honor 10 5 19
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bárbaro_Cavernario v https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(wrestler)
    too many
    too many v https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villain_Enterprises

Carístico, Stuka Jr., and Volador Jr. vs Okumura, Hechicero, and Rey Bucanero
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-06-2019 at 12:23 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sure if a good many who valued themselves as workers would like to be Champion for months and suddenly be told , oh hey ...we want you to lose in a big squash match within 10 seconds. I'm sure some would stand up and say...****..NO.

I would have respected Kofi more if he had decided to walk out over that finish until it got changed. I mean Benoit walked out over how his friends was booked for a Nitro after he felt he was lied to and handed the belt back. CM Punk literally told HHH he didn't need to work with him in a Wrestlemania match and walked out.

With AEW and other options now out there , it stuns me Kofi decided to do this as a finish. Even if Vince sits on him awhile , at least Kofi could bring up how he refused to be buried on national TV for a part timer who rarely shows up. He could have became a folk hero and someone who refused to go along with bullshit. I'm more sad for Kofi because he went along as usual with the company and seems too loyal.

just because you do something for a job doesn't mean you are happy about it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Honestly, I'll wager 99% of the wrestlers in the lockeroom would have been happy to swap places with Kofi last night if it meant winning the WWE title at Wrestlemania and holding the belt for the better part of the year.

Yeah, it sucks he got squashed but really, he can probably ride the fan support for what happened for another couple months. It was hardly best case scenario, but he'll be fine.
    Any wrestler who wants to protect their career would not swap with Kofi. Being WWE doesn't mean anything if you end up losing the title in a match that ends in just one move. I've read interviews with Dolph Ziggler where he claims that his first world title reign didn't count because he was handed the belt and it only lasted ten minutes. Same with CM Punk when he won the world title the first time. He was champ but he wasn't the man. What good was it being world champ when he's still booked and seen as a midcard guy?

The only good side to this Kofi's fan support will likely skyrocket again because of this but that doesn't mean anything in WWE. See Rusev.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Any wrestler who wants to protect their career would not swap with Kofi. Being WWE doesn't mean anything if you end up losing the title in a match that ends in just one move. I've read interviews with Dolph Ziggler where he claims that his first world title reign didn't count because he was handed the belt and it only lasted ten minutes. Same with CM Punk when he won the world title the first time. He was champ but he wasn't the man. What good was it being world champ when he's still booked and seen as a midcard guy?

The only good side to this Kofi's fan support will likely skyrocket again because of this but that doesn't mean anything in WWE. See Rusev.
    Rusev isn't Kofi, just like Asuka isn't Becky. That's why two of them competed for world titles at Wrestlemania and two if them didn't.

It doesn't work that way for everyone. But it did for Kofi, which is why he most likely will be fine. Arguably the most talked about fed following arguably the most important week of wrestling in decades isn't AEW or NXT, it's WWE. Arguably the most talked about wrestler on earth right now is Kofi. We likely couldn't say that is Rusev was in the exact same situation.

Daniel Bryan lost his first worl title at Wrestlemania in what ... 20 second? Looking back, do you think he wishes he had left the company? Gow well woyld you say his recovery went?

As far as Kofi deciding to refuse to job... the thing is wrestling isn't a real sport. It's scripted entertainment. Imagine if the guy playing Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi refused to job to Luke Skywalker because he felt it made him look bad? Punk, if he had legit health related problems that wasn't being addressed is another matter.

Course, not everyone is Daniel Bryan. That said, I believe I would put Kofi in a similar boat.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-06-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Rusev isn't Kofi, just like Asuka isn't Becky. That's why two of them competed for world titles at Wrestlemania and two if them didn't.

It doesn't work that way for everyone. But it did for Kofi, which is why he most likely will be fine. Arguably the most talked about fed following arguably the most important week of wrestling in decades isn't AEW or NXT, it's WWE. Arguably the most talked about wrestler on earth right now is Kofi. We likely couldn't say that is Rusev was in the exact same situation.
    Rusev is Kofi. The only difference between them is the company chose to push Kofi and not Rusev. Rusev was the most over guy in the company when Rusev Day was hot and they did Jack **** with it. Rusev would get chants whenever a McMahon was on screen to let them know directly that's who they wanted.

To believe Kofi will be fine after this will mean putting faith in a company that hasn't earned it. Just look at how they ended his reign and why.

Daniel Bryan lost his first worl title at Wrestlemania in what ... 20 second? Looking back, do you think he wishes he had left the company? Gow well woyld you say his recovery went?

As far as Kofi deciding to refuse to job... the thing is wrestling isn't a real sport. It's scripted entertainment. Imagine if the guy playing Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi refused to job to Luke Skywalker because he felt it made him look bad? Punk, if he had legit health related problems that wasn't being addressed is another matter.

Course, not everyone is Daniel Bryan. That said, I believe I would put Kofi in a similar boat.
    You know back in the day Austin and the Rock refused to do quite a few things to protect their characters, right? A true top guy knows when to say no. Hurting their characters means hurting their money. You best believe a Rock or Austin wouldn't have lost in a 7 second squash to drop the title.

You know back in the day Austin and the Rock refused to do quite a few things to protect their characters, right? A true top guy knows when to say no. Hurting their characters means hurting their money. You best believe a Rock or Austin wouldn't have lost in a 7 second squash to drop the title.
    Sure, top guys refuse to job in wrestling. Nothing new about that. Hogan been doing it for decades. I'm just saying I ultimately believe in scripted entertainment, wrestlers are paid to do a job. It's shouldn't be up to the wrestlers to decide when they win or lose. But yeah ... It happens.

Daniel Bryan also was near wanting to leave the company as well at various points. He nearly left after he was medically cleared a good while to return and finally the WWE had to let him come back.

Pro wrestling isn't a film and its this mindset that has fucked things in the WWE and hurt guys a lot. None of these guys are in a damn movie and the reference is beyond damn silly to do. Punk's gripes was beyond health as he hated how his character had been booked during his "hot period" as he said HHH ruined that as well as the Rock build as they wanted to brush him aside after a 400+ day title reign. He once stood up to Tony Atlas in the back who mocked him in a spot.

Punk didn't view himself in some movie. He was a worker in a business and finally had enough bullshit. He didn't think he was in some Star Wars film.

Guy was fucking buried for a part timer. This isn't Star Wars.

EXACTLY and so did Hogan , Flair , Dusty etc. Every top guy had stood up for themselves. I remember someone said a lot of guys during Attitude Era was happy to be part of the show. But guys like Austin , Rock and HHH wanted to be the #1 guy and they stood up for themselves. Hogan made a point to say being the #1 guy is protecting yourself as champion in the business and trying to earn the most money.

If someone told these guys or the past ones they were part of a movie and needed to go along ; they would have laughed at that guy. Then refused to do the job and asked to change a finish. A fact a lot of these guys did when a finish didn't work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Sure, top guys refuse to job in wrestling. Nothing new about that. Hogan been doing it for decades. I'm just saying I ultimately believe in scripted entertainment, wrestlers are paid to do a job. It's shouldn't be up to the wrestlers to decide when they win or lose. But yeah ... It happens.
    Its scripted to a point , but nothing whatsoever like a movie. A lot of guys have to protect themselves and their spot at the top of pecking order as listed with examples of Austin , Hogan , Flair , Rock etc. Because a bad finish can hurt you and your character. As it did Kofi here. Austin once walked out of the company because they wanted him to lose to Coach. (yes they wanted Steve Austin to lose to an announcer)

Kofi is too loyal here. He obviously could have put his foot down and demanded a better showing and match. Its hard to come back after your squashed in 10 seconds.

Daniel Bryan also was near wanting to leave the company as well at various points. He nearly left after he was medically cleared a good while to return and finally the WWE had to let him come back.

Pro wrestling isn't a film and its this mindset that has fucked things in the WWE and hurt guys a lot. None of these guys are in a damn movie and the reference is beyond damn silly to do. Punk's gripes was beyond health as he hated how his character had been booked during his "hot period" as he said HHH ruined that as well as the Rock build as they wanted to brush him aside after a 400+ day title reign. He once stood up to Tony Atlas in the back who mocked him in a spot.

Punk didn't view himself in some movie. He was a worker in a business and finally had enough bullshit. He didn't think he was in some Star Wars film.

Guy was fucking buried for a part timer. This isn't Star Wars.

EXACTLY and so did Hogan , Flair , Dusty etc. Every top guy had stood up for themselves. I remember someone said a lot of guys during Attitude Era was happy to be part of the show. But guys like Austin , Rock and HHH wanted to be the #1 guy and they stood up for themselves. Hogan made a point to say being the #1 guy is protecting yourself as champion in the business and trying to earn the most money.

If someone told these guys or the past ones they were part of a movie and needed to go along ; they would have laughed at that guy. Then refused to do the job and asked to change a finish. A fact a lot of these guys did when a finish didn't work.
    I don't doubt Bryan might have wanted to leave ... my question is do we believe Bryan in hindsight believes he should have? Cause I suspect Bryan thinks his career turned out just fine despite the loss.

As far as getting buried ... If you are going to get buried, get buried by Brock because odds are he COULD bury you. Little to no shame in that. The same script which says Kofi had to lose is the same script allowing most wrestlers to last longer than 30 seconds against Brock in any sort of athletic contest.

I don't doubt Bryan might have wanted to leave ... my question is do we believe Bryan in hindsight believes he should have? Cause I suspect Bryan thinks his career turned out just fine despite the loss.

As far as getting buried ... If you are going to get buried, get buried by Brock because odds are he COULD bury you. Little to no shame in that. The same script which says Kofi had to lose is the same script allowing most wrestlers to last longer than 30 seconds against Brock in any sort of athletic contest.
    Its 2019 and no one legit cares if Brock Lesnar can legit bury guys or not. His title runs and era of being a huge monster was over done. Now its just stupid comedy.

This is Brock Lesnar from 2015 to current...

- Rarely show up , when he does Paul Heyman garbles his name BRAAAAOOOOOOOCK LEEESSSNNNAAARR....

- Come to the ring and destroys a full-time star for no real reason. Who do we sacrifice to Lesnar this week says Vince ? Who do I make put over Brock this show ?

- Brock does some evil act to show he's a monster nearly each show. I think this week Brock decimates an old folks home as he shows up and F5's all the seniors to show he's an evil monster !

- Brock wins the World title.

- Brock then never really shows up much at all to defend said title , holding the company and brand hostage in the process as no main event programs can happen. Dragging the overall show down with no focus.

- Brock gets more of an inflated deal to keep doing this same act.

- Repeat this for 5 fucking years.

Its 2019 and no one legit cares if Brock Lesnar can legit bury guys or not. His title runs and era of being a huge monster was over done. Now its just stupid comedy.
    If he wasn't a legit draw, he wouldn't be getting the money and schedule he is getting now. If Vince wasn't paying him this much, someone else would be and doing the exact same thing for the same reason. He's be in AWE being paid millions for only wrestling a handful of times a year, because he can justify it. Any fed on the planet that could afford him would do it.