Page 782 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2826827327727787797807817827837847857867928328821282 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

So for Hell in a Cell, I'm seeing reports that the reigns match will be a tornado match.

I'm also seeing a couple other matches being listed, but I cannot verify if they're legit. They are

- Lacy vs. Natalya on the pre-show
    - BlissCross vs. Kabuki Warriors
    - Corbin vs. Gable
    - Viking Raiders and a Mystery Tag Partner vs. the OC

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Whenever Brock contract is up it's usually a bidding war between WWE and UFC. No other promotion really goes out of their way to get him. Knowing how much of a recluse Brock is I doubt he would work out anywhere. A guy at the top of his industry would be wanted by everyone. Brock ain't that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So for Hell in a Cell, I'm seeing reports that the reigns match will be a tornado match.

I'm also seeing a couple other matches being listed, but I cannot verify if they're legit. They are

- Lacy vs. Natalya on the pre-show
    - BlissCross vs. Kabuki Warriors
    - Corbin vs. Gable
    - Viking Raiders and a Mystery Tag Partner vs. the OC
    It's weird that they have only 4 matches announced. I guess this was such a busy few weeks in the WWE, building up the PPV seemed somewhat secondary to everything else going on.

That said, it looks like a pretty good card from what little we see of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whenever Brock contract is up it's usually a bidding war between WWE and UFC. No other promotion really goes out of their way to get him. Knowing how much of a recluse Brock is I doubt he would work out anywhere. A guy at the top of his industry would be wanted by everyone. Brock ain't that.
    WWE and UFC up to this point were the only ones who could believably afford Brock Lesnar. Wanting him and being able to actually pay the guys salary are 2 different things.

That said, AEW actually can pay as well or better than the WWE. So there's a distinct possibility he could go to them when his contract is up.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    the mox was more wanted than brock would be. and so far, he's proven he's worth the money. well, at least in new japan.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WWE and UFC up to this point were the only ones who could believably afford Brock Lesnar. Wanting him and being able to actually pay the guys salary are 2 different things.

That said, AEW actually can pay as well or better than the WWE. So there's a distinct possibility he could go to them when his contract is up.
    Then why didn't AEW try and get him back in spring when they had formed and started signing talent like Jericho ? Why did they go with Moxley over trying to get Brock the same spring ?

Never mind that Anthem and Sinclair would pay huge money as corporations to get Lesnar if this was true. If he was a mega star and your company needed him as this big star then why haven't both companies rushed out to pay Lesnar a huge deal as well ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Then why didn't AEW try and get him back in spring when they had formed and started signing talent like Jericho ? Why did they go with Moxley over trying to get Brock the same spring ?

Never mind that Anthem and Sinclair would pay huge money as corporations to get Lesnar if this was true. If he was a mega star and your company needed him as this big star then why haven't both companies rushed out to pay Lesnar a huge deal as well ?
    Meltzer reported that Brock DID negotiate with WWE, AEW, and UFC back when his contract was up. Course, it's Meltzer so who knows if it's true.. but it's pretty much what you would expect. Jericho I think even tried stirring up some buzz with Brock on socieal media around that time. I think he was hoping Brock would actually sign and they could do something.

Anthem and Sinclair aren't in the same position as WWE and UFC. For them wrestling is a side thing.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-06-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

BlissCross vs. Kabuki Warriors have been confirmed

Extraordinary Member

Becky vs. Sasha will be the first match on the main card

Additionally it seems like this might be a 5 match main card.

Becky vs. Sasha will be the first match on the main card

Additionally it seems like this might be a 5 match main card.
    Wow. A 3 hour show with 5 matches. That means each match will go at least half an hour. Luckily all the matches seem solid enough to justify the time. But it's so weird that so much talent basically is being given the night off.

I wonder if this is WWE trying to show that their roster can compete with some of the other guys as far as work rate goes. The talent is there if they're given the time, which they seem to be tonight.

Extraordinary Member

Wow. A 3 hour show with 5 matches. That means each match will go at least half an hour. Luckily all the matches seem solid enough to justify the time. But it's so weird that so much talent basically is being given the night off.

I wonder if this is WWE trying to show that their roster can compete with some of the other guys as far as work rate goes. The talent is there if they're given the time, which they seem to be tonight.
    5 Matches is the standard for Takeovers IIRC

5 Matches is the standard for Takeovers IIRC
    true but takeover matches tend to be longer and better booked.

Extraordinary Member

Also, interesting that the majority of matches on the main card are women's matches.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    true but takeover matches tend to be longer and better booked.
    Very true.

so the pre-show opens with a rematch of a rematch of a rematch.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Or they are the only ones stupid enough to pay his price. I don't see him being worth it to neither company. In WWE Brock will do the same ol ****, disappear for months at a time and if anything he does is any good will depend on how many fucks he gives that day. In UFC the guy can't seem to pass a piss test. IIRC, his last two wins needed to get scrubbed because he failed the pre and post fight drug tests. Money being well spend right there :eyeroll: