Page 8 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

JD has a new shirt out and its a a scam
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If you ask me, the two years AJ spent in New Japan is better than the decade he was in TNA.
    nothing wrong with that, but if not for his time in TNA he most likely would not have got the push he did in NJPW if he got work there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cena is hyping a new finish for his return.

I bet it's a shitty shoot kick.
    i hope it's a power move. i'd love to see a sit out spiral bomb or maybe a diving one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's what NXT is for. If/when AJ and Roode leave, you've got Black and the Undisputed Era and EC3. He doesn't actually need the Elite. Not that they aren't potential assets, but Vince already has a pretty darn impressive talent pool on NXT even without them.

And the thing is the Elite dont necessarily need the wwe either. So there's no reason for Vince to throw his entire roster under the bus to make them look better than the wee, or for the Elite to stick around in the wwe and deal with their gruelling schedule any longer than they have to.
    i think it's pretty well understood WWE doesn't NEED anybody, but it sure would be nice if they did SOMETHING to be interesting and create a buzz again. the casuals aren't coming back, honestly getting those guys involved somehow is probably the way to get the most people who don't currently watch RAW every week to tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Shinsuke are higher profile signings and they are working full schedules. Omega and the Bucks don't have enough clout to work limited dates.
    maybe it's time for people to start asking. i doubt anybody felt scott hall had the clout to get guaranteed money way back when.

You can argue it takes less time to elevate a guy in NXT than guys they are getting fresh from New Japan like Omega and the Bucks. You can already see Black and the Undisputed Era on the WWE network. But with Omega and the Bucks, you're starting from scratch.
    i think you're wrong there, those guys are legit stars in north america. most of the WWE crowd knows very well who they are.

Also because the WWE has a fairly young crop of main eventers they have time to develop the NXT guys. Rollin, Braun, and Reigns aren't going anywhere anytime soon, injuries aside. They're roughly the same age as Omega and the Young Bucks.
    the bucks could be a merch cash cow for WWE instantly though. and as for omega i'm not a huge fan but honestly he's an xtraordinary talent, there's so much they could do with him. but then again they have brianson right there and are doing jack ****.

impact was decent tonight. eddie vs aries was a fun main event. i like killer kross as aries muscle, feels right somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    nothing wrong with that, but if not for his time in TNA he most likely would not have got the push he did in NJPW if he got work there at all.

i hope it's a power move. i'd love to see a sit out spiral bomb or maybe a diving one.

i think it's pretty well understood WWE doesn't NEED anybody, but it sure would be nice if they did SOMETHING to be interesting and create a buzz again. the casuals aren't coming back, honestly getting those guys involved somehow is probably the way to get the most people who don't currently watch RAW every week to tune in.

maybe it's time for people to start asking. i doubt anybody felt scott hall had the clout to get guaranteed money way back when.

i think you're wrong there, those guys are legit stars in north america. most of the WWE crowd knows very well who they are.

the bucks could be a merch cash cow for WWE instantly though. and as for omega i'm not a huge fan but honestly he's an xtraordinary talent, there's so much they could do with him. but then again they have brianson right there and are doing jack ****.

impact was decent tonight. eddie vs aries was a fun main event. i like killer kross as aries muscle, feels right somehow.
    I have no doubt that the Elite would create a buzz withing the internet wrestling community at least... but if they can legitimately move the needle in a manner that AJ Styles couldn't I'd be legitimately impressed. I think with no WCW, AJ was the biggest non WWE star the company could get. Maybe I'm selling Omega short, but I'm skeptical he's as big or as good or AJ was so getting him is a step down from that. That's not to say getting Omega isn't certainly a good thing if they can get him as he's certainly talented... but this just isn't comparable to getting the nWo. It's just getting a big name guy on the indy scene... which is nice. Just like it was nice to get Samoa Joe or AJ Styles, only perhaps slightly less so.

As far as Daniel Bryan goes... I think the feud they are building with the Miz is kind of a big deal. It's a feud they were building up for a LONG time, and it's getting a lot of screen time. I think you can argue this is exactly what they should be doing. If they guy might be not be re-sigining with the WWE, then you almost have to check this one off the list.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

no

Honestly that was the most interesting thing was the Elite invasion from 10 months ago. An Invasion so perfect that it shows how creative the guys were. From Cody demanding his last name back , Marty wanting to use his umbrella and the Bucks not able to do a hand gesture.

And lets be honest , the company is fucking boring right now. There is no big driving angle for folks to tune in. You have a guy barely fucking showing for work as World Champion. This is the most stacked talented roster the company has ever had and its amazing to see how damn boring it all is at times. How there is no reason to watch because there isn't a storyline overall to sell folks.

This could do it but WWE fans seemingly are stuck in a love/hate relationship with the company. They will tell you how this wish things would change with Lesnar not being champion or Roman getting a push. But will still watch and complain some more. When you bring up , hey they could really use this group to create a new interesting storyline and spark you get how guys aren't stars , how the roster will be buried (except its not like guys are doing much right now) and how Invasions don't work (Vince McMahon invasions doesn't work ...New Japan , WCW and the 1st ECW Invasion worked).

And honestly this could write itself and they could have fucking gold if the guys appear and just act as an outside group....and not WWE. Which will sell it best. But again its more or less ego by WWE on why they won't do it and will continue to spin their wheels.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I have no doubt that the Elite would create a buzz withing the internet wrestling community at least... but if they can legitimately move the needle in a manner that AJ Styles couldn't I'd be legitimately impressed. I think with no WCW, AJ was the biggest non WWE star the company could get. Maybe I'm selling Omega short, but I'm skeptical he's as big or as good or AJ was so getting him is a step down from that. That's not to say getting Omega isn't certainly a good thing if they can get him as he's certainly talented... but this just isn't comparable to getting the nWo. It's just getting a big name guy on the indy scene... which is nice. Just like it was nice to get Samoa Joe or AJ Styles, only perhaps slightly less so.

As far as Daniel Bryan goes... I think the feud they are building with the Miz is kind of a big deal. It's a feud they were building up for a LONG time, and it's getting a lot of screen time. I think you can argue this is exactly what they should be doing. If they guy might be not be re-sigining with the WWE, then you almost have to check this one off the list.

Look at how the WWE booked AJ and company. They called them The Club and just proceeded to book them in normal heel fashion basically. While AJ was booked as a huge face. There was no real big heat for all 3 since the WWE announced the signings and just made them all seem...like typical WWE guys going through WWE motions. There was no special deal about all 3 and it didn't happen for a long while after it.

Honestly , the company comically could have the NWO from 1996 as an angle and just make it utter **** and boring at this stage. They would completely screw it up. Sorry that is just how it is. They signed 3 guys from Bullet Club as a big deal and proceeded to book them as typical WWE guys in typical fashion. Is it no shock no needle moved or anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly that was the most interesting thing was the Elite invasion from 10 months ago. An Invasion so perfect that it shows how creative the guys were. From Cody demanding his last name back , Marty wanting to use his umbrella and the Bucks not able to do a hand gesture.

And lets be honest , the company is fucking boring right now. There is no big driving angle for folks to tune in. You have a guy barely fucking showing for work as World Champion. This is the most stacked talented roster the company has ever had and its amazing to see how damn boring it all is at times. How there is no reason to watch because there isn't a storyline overall to sell folks.

This could do it but WWE fans seemingly are stuck in a love/hate relationship with the company. They will tell you how this wish things would change with Lesnar not being champion or Roman getting a push. But will still watch and complain some more. When you bring up , hey they could really use this group to create a new interesting storyline and spark you get how guys aren't stars , how the roster will be buried (except its not like guys are doing much right now) and how Invasions don't work (Vince McMahon invasions doesn't work ...New Japan , WCW and the 1st ECW Invasion worked).

And honestly this could write itself and they could have fucking gold if the guys appear and just act as an outside group....and not WWE. Which will sell it best. But again its more or less ego by WWE on why they won't do it and will continue to spin their wheels.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that some interesting things couldn't be done with the Elite.

I think people just disagree with the notion of 3 small wrestlers walking into the company and beating the crap out of a 40 other guys. Nor do some necessarily agree that the Elite should get part time big money contracts... as talented as they are, they simply haven't earned or justified that like AJ Styles or Rey Mysterio might.

Arguing that they deserve the treatment the nWo got doesn't quite work for the simple reason they aren't the nWo. There aren't any stars in the world not signed witht he WWE today which could create that level of environment. Elite probably is the closest thing to it, but realistically Omega is no Hulk Hogan. Booking him like he's Hogan even though hes not won't magically generate the same result we got with the nWo. It just doesn't work that way.

that's where you're wrong. omega is a bigger deal in japan now than AJ(and joe's not even comparable) ever was. he's won the G-1 and main evented the tokyo dome(AJ did neither), will probably main even the dome again and in the US i believe he's main evented for bigger crowds than AJ ever did before his time in WWE. he's more than a big name indy guy he's the champion in the 2nd biggest promotion in the world.

it's not, it's a midcard feud with the miz that does a lot more for the miz than it does for brianson. WWE could've gotten a lot more out of brianson's come back than they have.

I don't think anyone is arguing that some interesting things couldn't be done with the Elite.

I think people just disagree with the notion of 3 small wrestlers walking into the company and beating the crap out of a 40 other guys. Nor do some necessarily agree that the Elite should get part time big money contracts... as talented as they are, they simply haven't earned or justified that like AJ Styles or Rey Mysterio might.

Arguing that they deserve the treatment the nWo got doesn't quite work for the simple reason they aren't the nWo. There aren't any stars in the world not signed witht he WWE today which could create that level of environment. Elite probably is the closest thing to it, but realistically Omega is no Hulk Hogan. Booking him like he's Hogan even though hes not won't magically generate the same result we got with the nWo. It just doesn't work that way.
    Again its worth mentioning this was the NWO lineup in 1996.

Kevin Nash - Lowest drawing WWF world Champion in history. Company actually lost money.

Scott Hall - Mid-Carder and never rose above that.

Hulk Hogan - Not over as face in WCW with audience and getting booed more.

This was your NWO group. It wasn't the stars your really seeing. Fans bought into the groups act. How they weren't typical WCW . Scott Hall talked Bischoff into the guys for a few months coming through the crowd. The NWO music was different. The NWO vignettes was different. Everything was...different and it CLICKED. Fans bought in. The Elite is the same deal , You can get those folks to buy in and sell it.

Its not about size and more anymore. Shawn Michaels was 215 pounds by his end run in company and was beating bigger stars.

Kevin Nash - Lowest drawing WWF world Champion in history. Company actually lost money.

This was your NWO group. It wasn't the stars your really seeing. Fans bought into the groups act. How they weren't typical WCW . Scott Hall talked Bischoff into the guys for a few months coming through the crowd. The NWO music was different. The NWO vignettes was different. Everything was...different and it CLICKED. Fans bought in. The Elite is the same deal , You can get those folks to buy in and sell it.

Its not about size and more anymore. Shawn Michaels was 215 pounds by his end run in company and was beating bigger stars.
    Nash despite being a low drawing WWE champion was still probably a bigger star than anyone in the WCW lockeroom who wasn't already a WWE champion except maybe Sting.

nWo worked in part because WWE was perceived as the BIGGER company than WCW with bigger stars.

And yes, smaller stars can beat bigger ones in one on one matches. But we're discussing an invasion angle, where 3 guys are challenging the entire WWE lockeroom. If the Elite were to invade RAW, Braun by himself the way he's booked could probably beat all 3 while the rest of the lockeroomo watches from the monitors.

The Outsiders were somewhat perceived as credible threats because they were bigger than most of the WCW guys. But even in that instance, Hall and Nash after the fact would discuss how stupid it was that just 2-3 guys could beat the crap out of their entire lockeroom and ultimately make WCW look bad. And that's what Vince doesn't want to happen. He doesn't want the Young Bucks and Omega 10 years from now looking back at how WWE made themselves look bad by establishing that the competition.

Part of the magic of nWo stemmed from WWE fans jumping to WCW to watch WWE guys beat the crap out of WCW. And for a couple years they got it. And in the short term it worked. The problem being it hurt the WCW brand name by essentially reinforcing the notion that WCW sucks. That's the problem with the nWo angle... right from the start it made WCW look bad. It made the nWo look cool... but WCW look bad. Which creates a problem once it's time for the nWo angle to end.

Again, it is possible to do some interesting things with the Elite. THey are talented guys, and they will generate a buzz. But they are not the nWo. Trying to book them like the nWo won't replicate the results.

Nash despite being a low drawing WWE champion was still probably a bigger star than anyone in the WCW lockeroom who wasn't already a WWE champion except maybe Sting.

nWo worked in part because WWE was perceived as the BIGGER company than WCW with bigger stars.

And yes, smaller stars can beat bigger ones in one on one matches. But we're discussing an invasion angle, where 3 guys are challenging the entire WWE lockeroom. If the Elite were to invade RAW, Braun by himself the way he's booked could probably beat all 3 while the rest of the lockeroomo watches from the monitors.

The Outsiders were somewhat perceived as credible threats because they were bigger than most of the WCW guys. But even in that instance, Hall and Nash after the fact would discuss how stupid it was that just 2-3 guys could beat the crap out of their entire lockeroom and ultimately make WCW look bad. And that's what Vince doesn't want to happen. He doesn't want the Young Bucks and Omega 10 years from now looking back at how WWE made themselves look bad by establishing that the competition could wipe the floor with them week after week.

Part of the magic of nWo stemmed from WWE fans jumping to WCW to watch WWE guys beat the crap out of WCW. And for a couple years they got it. And in the short term it worked. The problem being it hurt the WCW brand name by essentially reinforcing the notion that WCW sucks. That's the problem with the nWo angle... right from the start it made WCW look bad. It made the nWo look cool... but WCW look bad. Which creates a problem once it's time for the nWo angle to end.

Again, it is possible to do some interesting things with the Elite. THey are talented guys, and they will generate a buzz. But they are not the nWo. Trying to book them like the nWo won't replicate the results.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-10-2018 at 07:38 AM.

that's where you're wrong. omega is a bigger deal in japan now than AJ(and joe's not even comparable) ever was. he's won the G-1 and main evented the tokyo dome(AJ did neither), will probably main even the dome again and in the US i believe he's main evented for bigger crowds than AJ ever did before his time in WWE. he's more than a big name indy guy he's the champion in the 2nd biggest promotion in the world.

it's not, it's a midcard feud with the miz that does a lot more for the miz than it does for brianson. WWE could've gotten a lot more out of brianson's come back than they have.
    I can agree Omega was a bigger star in JAPAN than AJ was... but I would dispute the argument that Omega was a bigger star as a whole. AJ time in TnA got where he worked with guys like Hogan, Flair, Sting and Angle gives him a whole level of exposure and credibility that you're not going to get anywhere outside the WWE in the present climate. AJ was probably as big and as well known as anyone could be who has not wrestled in the WWE (or WCW) at the time.

But even if for arguments sake we saw Omega is bigger, again I'd be surprised if he could move the needle in any significant way that AJ could not. I think they can potentially do some interesting things with Omega certainly. But I don't think anyone outside the WWE right now has the star power to really effect things outside of creating an internet buzz, in the wrestling world at least. Getting a high profile UFC or boxing person might do it short term (and I say MIGHT), but I don't think even big stars from New Japan can move the needle.

But I guess we'll see. We've gotten plenty of New Japan guys to come to the WWE, and we'll probably get plenty more over time. I do think as a culumative effect, it might Maybe enough big name indy and New Japan guys will start getting non WWE watches to watch more WWE programming. But Omega just showing up would probably be nothing more than just a spike in interest.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-10-2018 at 07:36 AM.

i just don't feel you're qualified to say who's earned what. those guys have busted their ass to get in a position that they don't need WWE. w/o knowing specific numbers who's to say what's justified if they bring their fanbase in with them?? personally i think they've all earned lighter schedules.

I can agree Omega was a bigger star in JAPAN than AJ was... but I would dispute the argument that Omega was a bigger star as a whole. AJ time in TnA got where he wrestled guys like Sting and Angle gives him a whole level of exposure and credibility that you're not going to get anywhere outside the WWE in the present climate. AJ was probably as big and as well known as anyone could be who has not wrestled in the WWE (or WCW) at the time.
    IWGP HW champion right now is a bigger deal than anything that's been done in TNA including wrestling sting or angle(in TNA). WWE people have said plenty of times they didn't think people would even know who AJ was until he came out. NJPW is even more popular now than it was when AJ was over there and at least as popular as TNA was when AJ was there.

But even if for arguments sake we saw Omega is bigger, again I'd be surprised if he could move the needle in any significant way that AJ could not. I think they can potentially do some interesting things with Omega certainly. But I don't think anyone outside the WWE right now has the star power to really effect things outside of creating an internet buzz, in the wrestling world at least. Getting a high profile UFC or boxing person might do it short term (and I say MIGHT), but I don't think even big stars from New Japan can move the needle.

But I guess we'll see. We've gotten plenty of New Japan guys to come to the WWE, and we'll get plenty more. I do think as a culumative effect, it might Maybe enough big name indy and New Japan guys will start getting non WWE watches to watch more WWE programming. But Omega just showing up would probably be nothing more than just a spike in interest.
    there is no needle to move anymore they have their tv deal and the network. there's no needle to really mark who's the draw or whatever, even ratings don't matter so much with all the different ways people view stuff now. internet buzz/word of mouth/spike in interest is all you can really ask for.

i just don't feel you're qualified to say who's earned what. those guys have busted their ass to get in a position that they don't need WWE. w/o knowing specific numbers who's to say what's justified if they bring their fanbase in with them?? personally i think they've all earned lighter schedules.

IWGP HW champion right now is a bigger deal than anything that's been done in TNA including wrestling sting or angle(in TNA). WWE people have said plenty of times they didn't think people would even know who AJ was until he came out. NJPW is even more popular now than it was when AJ was over there and at least as popular as TNA was when AJ was there.

there is no needle to move anymore they have their tv deal and the network. there's no needle to really mark who's the draw or whatever, even ratings don't matter so much with all the different ways people view stuff now. internet buzz/word of mouth/spike in interest is all you can really ask for.
    AJ was a top guy in both TnA and New Japan, and overall he's been a top guy longer against bigger name stars.

And if internet buzz is all you can ask for, then I sort of doubt Vince gives a damn about them enough to offer part time guaranteed contracts. But we'll see.

Ultimate Member

While I don't really support Invasion angles, I 100% that WWE is pretty stale right now and they DEFINITELY should do something to shake things up.

Astonishing Member

are the forums back to normal?
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-10-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player