Page 817 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821827867917 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    jericho went to bat for stunt after the backlash he got for being "too small".
    Cornette destroyed that guy. It's not Stunts fault. The dude should be a manager. His employer should put him in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I like that. The ref has to call the match because your arm or ankle is broken. Both wrestlers are put over that way.
    I would prefer people fighting submissions BEFORE they get locked in. Not crawling to the ropes WHILE in the move. For example, have Cena on his back fighting a crab and he gets to the ropes that way, not crawling in the move. Or he's in the crab and he IMMEDIATELY throws the guy off with his leg strength.

It it's locked in, you tap or the ref stops it after like ... 10 seconds or something.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Cornette destroyed that guy. It's not Stunts fault. The dude should be a manager. His employer should put him in that position.
    well he had to step up after luchasaurus went down. and franky, stupid dancing aside, he did a good job. and it made the lucha bros look even more insane than before.

and really, who cares who cornette "destroys"? dude is nearly as out of touch as vince is.

Extraordinary Member

Smackdown starting with The Big Dog vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the IC Strap

Extraordinary Member

Harper, Cesaro, and Drew Gulak are on Smackdown

Extraordinary Member

Ali dropped a great burn on his twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Disagree, when a guy's whole gimmick is that he's a violent lunatic who doesn't give a crap about pain, he shouldn't tap. Same as "dead man" Undertaker, it just looks stupid when a freaking zombie with superpowers taps out.
    There are plenty of violent lunatics who have lost to submission in wrestling though... it's not like being a violent lunatic is a particularly unique gimmick.

Yeah, Undertaker doesn't really tap... but the Undetaker is the Undertaker. He's more an exception than the rule in most regards.

Should they even be put in a submission? When I see Cena in a submission, I just lose interest in the match. Like I know, he will not tap.

Honestly, I think if you put one of those guys in a submission, it should be to put the submission over. Anybody can beat Roman, but if Matt Riddle made Roman tao, then Riddle is on the road to being a superstar.
    Cena won't tap, but he MIGHT still pass out from the pain. That's the classic way for a top babyface to lose via submission.

Astonishing Member

Bayley just beat Alexa and Nikki by herself in a handicap match and we somehow have Bayley and Nikki again.

Astonishing Member

well he had to step up after luchasaurus went down. and franky, stupid dancing aside, he did a good job. and it made the lucha bros look even more insane than before.

and really, who cares who cornette "destroys"? dude is nearly as out of touch as vince is.
    Cornette wasn't wrong IMHO. The Lucha Bros is argueably the best tag team in AEW. They should have been able to take out Stunt and Jungle Boy in 5 minutes.

Every performer on your roster can't be portrayed as the best of the best.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Stunt has a nice Mikey Whipreck vibe going as i detailed in my Dynamite Review. His size makes him perfect to be bullied and fans will take to this. If he gets a mid-card run I see him doing very well in that role if AEW runs it .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

The "Shorty G" thing with Gable will never not be stupid and cringe.

Nikki as #1 contender is, ok, but pretty uninspired since we just got Bayley feuding with her and Alexa not too long ago, give a new woman a chance WWE.

Not feeling Bayley and Sasha taking turns being each other's sidekicks either. Also Bayley feels like a far more generic heel now, which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The "Shorty G" thing with Gable will never not be stupid and cringe.

Nikki as #1 contender is, ok, but pretty uninspired since we just got Bayley feuding with her and Alexa not too long ago, give a new woman a chance WWE.

Not feeling Bayley and Sasha taking turns being each other's sidekicks either. Also Bayley feels like a far more generic heel now, which is disappointing.
    Since Bayley is a heel, the most logical opponents probably would be either Carmella or Nikki (Alexa is probaby overdone and Dana is pretty hard to justify getting within 500 feet of a title match). I think Carmella is definately the more interesting choice given their friendship, BUT because of that they might wanna save Carmella for a bigger feud down the line. Carmella might be a good candidate to actually beat Bayley for the title. Nikki works well enough if you're just looking for a warm body to throw in a filler feud that Bayley can win.

Not that I don't think Nikki can't or shouldn't be a viable singles competitor for Bayleys belt (next to the horsewomen she's arguably the most well rounded sports entertainer on the female side of the main roster), but if Alexa and Nikki are the only face tag team in the division they probably won't be winning any singles belts anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The rise of MMA has made me jaded to this particular aspect of wrestling. I see a lot of those submission used in a shoot environment and have these guys tapped immediately once it's fully applied. I see that same move in wrestling and have a guy locked in for like a minute before he taps or go for a rope break kills my disbelief personally.
    But have you not seen how some in mma will NOT tap?? Like big Nog getting his arm broken in a kimura or Holm getting choked to sleep while still trying to punch on the same night mcgregor tapped. Its not unbelievable that some people will go to sleep or get limbs snapped before rather than submit. Darby’s character thrives on pain. I think he definitely should have passed out rather than tap unless they’re going to do some angle where Darby is disappointed with himself for quitting.

Can’t understand why people want to see squash matches on signed roster talent in AEW. That’s what local talent is for. Squashes don’t do anything for established talent anyways.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-19-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

jericho went to bat for stunt after the backlash he got for being "too small".
    Jericho comparing Stunt to Mysterio and Malenko doesn't land for me. I understand where he's getting at but those guys at least look like adult athletes (as long as Rey has his mask on). Stunt is a borderline midget who looks like a 12 year old. The disconnect happens as soon as I look at him. If they had to see Stunt I wish that the Lucha Bros squashed him.