Page 819 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822823829869919 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Stunt is not Rey.
    Stunt is not Malenko.
    He can do things that most cruisers can do, but he is built like a 14 year old... A small 14 year old.

To pretend like wrestling is not a visual based form of entertainment is just dishonest.

Not saying there is not a place for him in wrestling. But stepping toe with two of the best like Fenix and Pentagon is just a bad idea.

If everyone is special than no one is.
    If people like you were in charge Daniel Bryan never would have gone beyond being a jobber on Velocity.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Stunt can’t seriously be viewed as a threat. I mean...look at him. He looks.....stunted. (Pun fully intended).
    Counterpoint. Spike Dudley.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    and ZSJ. even when compared to others in his class, the guy is super skinny. and yet he's still considered a threat in not only his own weight class but the heavyweight class as well.

at this point in wrestling, judging a wrestler's worth by their appearance is very shortsighted. just ask chad gable.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Stunt is not Rey.
    Stunt is not Malenko.
    He can do things that most cruisers can do, but he is built like a 14 year old... A small 14 year old.

To pretend like wrestling is not a visual based form of entertainment is just dishonest.

Not saying there is not a place for him in wrestling. But stepping toe with two of the best like Fenix and Pentagon is just a bad idea.

If everyone is special than no one is.
    i never said he was. just that such statements have been made about other wrestlers for decades. i mean, ryback's whole feud with kalisto was that kalisto was small and ryback was big.

and just be glad stunt can actually go in the ring. at least he's not hornswaggle, who could do jack all in the ring aside from running around like a 5 year old hyped up on candy and get beaten up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and ZSJ. even when compared to others in his class, the guy is super skinny. and yet he's still considered a threat in not only his own weight class but the heavyweight class as well.

at this point in wrestling, judging a wrestler's worth by their appearance is very shortsighted. just ask chad gable.
    ZSJ doesn't belong in this discussion. He's the same size as Jericho. He could use some mass but it's not that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    ZSJ doesn't belong in this discussion. He's the same size as Jericho. He could use some mass but it's not that big a deal.
    but he's rail skinny. thus, by the current line of thinking, he should be in the ring with guys like okada, tana, or naito.

but it looks like i'm not gonna convince anyone of my thinking, so i'm just gonna step out of the argument.

i stand by my point. i don't judge a wrestler on appearance. only on ability. and as long as stunt can go in the ring, i'm not gonna hate on him simply because he looks like a kid.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Spike too played a character who was bullied and just had to hit a few spots to have a decent career. Stunt doesn't have to be a huge star. He can be an underdog mid-carder in the Whipreck role who gets bullied and comically somehow wins at times.

Mikey if anyone watched ECW then would nail 1 or 2 moves , somehow winning matches by luck. Foley joked with me at Scarefest (as he signed my ECW World title) the only belts he won there was with Mikey and he hasn't seen an underdog character like that since. Stunt can be that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

And Smackdown continues its freefall....WWF Friday Night Smackdown was down between 15-30% off week 2 and delivered the lowest overall rating on a Friday prime time show.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/19/wwe-fr...kdown-ratings/

Someone should have told these fans that Brooooooaaaaaack Leeeessnaaar is World Champion and he's facing Vasquez soon. lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And Smackdown continues its freefall....WWF Friday Night Smackdown was down between 15-30% off week 2 and delivered the lowest overall rating on a Friday prime time show.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/19/wwe-fr...kdown-ratings/

Someone should have told these fans that Brooooooaaaaaack Leeeessnaaar is World Champion and he's facing Vasquez soon. lol.
    it's barely beating shows like "blue bloods", "hawaii 5-0" and friggin "dateline".

for a show that's been on the air this long, that is terrible.

it's barely beating shows like "blue bloods", "hawaii 5-0" and friggin "dateline".

for a show that's been on the air this long, that is terrible.
    Its not beating them... Blue Bloods (7.3 million viewers) , Hawaii 5.0 (6.2 million) and Magnum P.I. (5.8 million) are out drawing Smackdown right now. The NBC shows are currently doing it as is ABC. The only network Fox is beating right now is CW. But this isn't good as you have to wonder where the bottom is ?

AEW has seemingly hit its spot to land. It did 1.014 as a rating. So it seems to have found its landing. Smackdown has dropped each week as has NXT.

Astonishing Member

Its not beating them... Blue Bloods (7.3 million viewers) , Hawaii 5.0 (6.2 million) and Magnum P.I. (5.8 million) are out drawing Smackdown right now. The NBC shows are currently doing it as is ABC. The only network Fox is beating right now is CW. But this isn't good as you have to wonder where the bottom is ?

AEW has seemingly hit its spot to land. It did 1.014 as a rating. So it seems to have found its landing. Smackdown has dropped each week as has NXT.
    More importantly to note is AEW is drawing a younger demographic.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    More importantly to note is AEW is drawing a younger demographic.
    No hating on Blue Bloods. Regal and Taylor were a damned good team.

Wrong quote, same idea.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

guess that report i read was incorrect.

NXT's problem is that while they are putting on good matches, they aren't doing much to progress storylines. smackdown, OTOH, has just been going down the crapper since the move to fox.

guess that report i read was incorrect.

NXT's problem is that while they are putting on good matches, they aren't doing much to progress storylines. smackdown, OTOH, has just been going down the crapper since the move to fox.
    I think NXT is simply having a bit of trouble adapting to a 2 hour format. When it was a 1 hour show, it had to rely more on the in-ring stuff over the sports entertainment stuff because you can only jam so much into a 1 hour show. You can't have 20 minute skits advancing a storyline taking up a third of your entire show. Now that they are 2 hours, they can afford to add more out of the ring segments to make the matches mean more.

But I think in part they are more hesitant to change their formula precisely because they want to differentiate itself from the main roster. So it's sort of a tricky spot to be in. Do you change NXT's formula to better fit a 2 hour network program where ratings actually matter, or do you stick with the same formula which has gotten them a good amount of praise from their core fanbase this entire time? The former is likely the way to go, but it's understandable that they are hesitant to move too quickly. Especialy when we all know the minute they do change things up, the internet will immediately point fingers at Vince for changing things due to ratings (whether Vince had anything to do with it or not).

Personally I like NXT the way it is... but I get why it needs to change. Getting on network TV means serving a lot more masters now.