Page 824 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 324724774814820821822823824825826827828834874924 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes he is. If his contract didn't get extended for the time he spend injured Harper would be gone already. His contract was originally going to expire in April.
    I judge his petty on whether they have or had plans for him or not. If you have plans, and I don't care what they are, then keep him. He is getting paid, so why not use him as you see fit. If you honestly have no plans for him, then let him go. Save that money for talent you would actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Usually this thread explodes for RAW ... WTF!?
    At this point the E! has burned us so much I really would rather watch MNF even if it's a blowout. Like others have said you'll get commentary Wednesday for AEW and NXT but personally speaking I just don't care about the main roster. Especially when it's all just buildup to the Saudi show which is a glorified house show.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member

Buildup to the Saudi shows is by far the most boring month of the year. At least last year they were also building up to Evolution as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    At this point the E! has burned us so much I really would rather watch MNF even if it's a blowout. Like others have said you'll get commentary Wednesday for AEW and NXT but personally speaking I just don't care about the main roster. Especially when it's all just buildup to the Saudi show which is a glorified house show.
    With all the other options out there, it's really easy to take a break from any show.

TNA
    AEW
    NWA
    NXT
    NXT UK

That's about 9 hours of wrestling right there. Taking a break here and there is probably good for you.

Fantastic Member

The Thunder to Dynamite's Nitro... AEW Dark time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I judge his petty on whether they have or had plans for him or not. If you have plans, and I don't care what they are, then keep him. He is getting paid, so why not use him as you see fit. If you honestly have no plans for him, then let him go. Save that money for talent you would actually use.
    They had Harper sitting at home until they brought him back for Rowan's feud with Roman.

Astonishing Member

watching this is impact on axs tv
    Impact Will Air on AXS TV on Tuesday Nights, Debuting October 29
    With all the other options out there, it's really easy to take a break from any show.
    TNA
    AEW
    NWA
    NXT
    NXT UK

That's about 9 hours of wrestling right there. Taking a break here and there is probably good for you.
    njpw wow
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-22-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Brandon Cutler is officially the nerdiest wrestler ever.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

TNA
    AEW
    NWA
    NXT
    NXT UK

That's sort of the double edged sword of WWE putting out so much content. Yeah, there's a LOT of programing you have to consume. But on the flip side, WWE is big enough to create it's own alternative. If you're not happy with RAW or Smackdown, you can check out NXT or NXT UK. NXT is a legitimate (and arguably best) alternative in sports entertainment out there.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They had Harper sitting at home until they brought him back for Rowan's feud with Roman.
    contrary to what people think, a lot of wrestlers aren't happy just sitting at home and collecting a paycheck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Brandon Cutler is officially the nerdiest wrestler ever.
    I dunno, Xavier Woods makes for stiff competition in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    contrary to what people think, a lot of wrestlers aren't happy just sitting at home and collecting a paycheck.
    And yet wrestlers still join WWE knowing their roster's bloated as hell, and they'll have trouble getting used because of that. Yes WWE shouldn't sign every wrestler under the sun or refuse to let go of people they have no plans for, BUT... the roster's had way too many people on it for years so I'm always surprised when wrestlers sign with them, then when they're inevitably not used because of the too big roster, they complain about not being allowed to work. It takes 2 to tango, WWE shouldn't be hoarding talent, and wrestlers shouldn't be signing up to essentially be paid to sit in catering or at home.

This isn't specifically about Luke's situation btw, but when someone like Mike Kanellis joins the company, asks for his release because he's never used, resigns a new contract, then asks for his release again I have to ask what's wrong with some of these wrestlers.

What did they think was going to happen? Why did they even sign with the company in the 1st place if they care so much about wrestling often?

Astonishing Member

TNA
    AEW
    NWA
    NXT
    NXT UK

205live
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Someone mentioned why not many comment on WWE Raw. Well I barely watched any WWE since it was boring by the numbers **** for a couple years. There was little stories to draw me in as a viewer. Plus half the time they were giving Brock Lesnar a god push nearly every year and he'd be champion and barely show up. Its hard to care for a title where the main company's title barely appears.

This past week on RAW I saw a clip someone posted mocking the segment. It was the Cain Velasquez/Rey Mysterio/Shelton Benjamin deal. Its clear the WWE is completely fucked up in this. Lets examine overall...

- Shelton is seen slapping and bullying Rey until Cain arrives and lays a beat down on him.

- Here is the issue with each guy.

Cain : Its clear Cain needs more ring work and training in ring. The rush to throw him on TV showed BIG TIME. He throws weak worked punches to Benjamin and throws him on the mat repeatedly as the announcers are selling this like its the GREATEST FUCKING THING we have ever seen. Yet the audience is dead. They don't see whats great about a new guy throwing weak as **** worked punches and throwing a guy in hugs to the ground repeatedly.

Pro wrestling isn't MMA. This isn't MMA at all and doing stupid crap like this alienated the crowd who judging from the clip aren't into this. Its clear he needs more training to actually do real pro wrestling moves and throw punches.

Shelton Benjamin : Shelton has gotten way bigger which is good and in this he comes across looking like a complete idiot. The idea is Shelton is supposed to sell and make Cain look awesome. But between selling terrible worked punches to his stomach and being hugged and thrown onto the mat like a comical wrestling doll , it made both men in the spot look silly. All while announcers were calling this as some epic beat down as the audience stared in WTF .

Rey Mysterio : You have to feel for Rey who has to try and sell the WWE's newest attempt at creating a star. So he's asked to sell an arm injury and be in Cain's corner as the guy can't legit work good as he's been thrown on TV before he's ready. All while pushing a **** show main event soon between him and Brock Lesnar. Which has had Smackdown ratings go straight into the shitter.

All while good worker Rey Mysterio vs monster Brock Lesnar would do huge better than this **** show were seeing done on WWE's main shows. Nope , we gotta make Rey look weak and needing help . To prop up Cain as were seeing.

So all 3 men came across looking like complete and utter **** in one segment. I can't wait til Smackdown where they decide Dolph Ziggler has to sell terrible worked punches and we get a replay of this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    And yet wrestlers still join WWE knowing their roster's bloated as hell, and they'll have trouble getting used because of that. Yes WWE shouldn't sign every wrestler under the sun or refuse to let go of people they have no plans for, BUT... the roster's had way too many people on it for years so I'm always surprised when wrestlers sign with them, then when they're inevitably not used because of the too big roster, they complain about not being allowed to work. It takes 2 to tango, WWE shouldn't be hoarding talent, and wrestlers shouldn't be signing up to essentially be paid to sit in catering or at home.

This isn't specifically about Luke's situation btw, but when someone like Mike Kanellis joins the company, asks for his release because he's never used, resigns a new contract, then asks for his release again I have to ask what's wrong with some of these wrestlers.

What did they think was going to happen? Why did they even sign with the company in the 1st place if they care so much about wrestling often?
    Vince has been known to make a lot promises to talent he doesn’t keep. Many wrestlers, guys that have been around and seen a lot have fallen for the okey doke over the years.