Page 826 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836876926 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Kofi spent the majority of his career in an era where you either had to eat Vince's **** to make your passion a viable occupation or waste away on the indies. I don't blame him at all. A lot of guys in WWE have yet to realize they have options now, I imagine.
    In all fairness though, even prior to his world title push Kofi had a pretty darn good career. OUtside of the singles world titles, he's help every title there is to hold in the WWE multiple times. You can credibly label him one of the most decorated competitors of all time in the WWE. He's no Mike Kinellis. Compare him to the Rock or Jonh Cena and sure he doesn't come off looking that impressive, but against 90% of the WWE lockeroom he looks pretty darn good. Could he have been pushed harder? Yes... but overall I'd say h was a guy that got a fair amount of opportunities and did pretty well with them.

I can see him being relatively happy overall with his tenure in the company. Especially with the New Day since he genuinely seemed to be having fun. I think they New Day had a fair amount of creative freedom (as I can't imagine Vince coming up with half the stuff the New Day did). I think there are several people in the company who might only be sticking with the WWE because they feel there aren't better opportunities... but I wouldn't say Kofi was necessarily one of them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As people have said, they are at least doing something with the Kofi storyline. Heel turn/character change coming.
    What are they doing? The only thing I read is that Kofi was asked about his lost and crushed a pancake while being happy go lucky. That's not enough to sell me.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As people have said, they are at least doing something with the Kofi storyline. Heel turn/character change coming.
    I'm wondering if Xaviers injury effects anything. In the short term, Kofi will probably have to fill that void and compete with Big E on the tag team scene. So Xaviers injury in the short term at least effect whatever single plans they have for Kofi. I say MIGHT ... we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What are they doing? The only thing I read is that Kofi was asked about his lost and crushed a pancake while being happy go lucky. That's not enough to sell me.
    I didn't think it was that subtle. He was clearly pretending to be "happy" and "positive" when he's not on the inside. That said, Xavier got injured since then so they might drop it like nothing happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness though, even prior to his world title push Kofi had a pretty darn good career. OUtside of the singles world titles, he's help every title there is to hold in the WWE multiple times. You can credibly label him one of the most decorated competitors of all time in the WWE. He's no Mike Kinellis. Compare him to the Rock or Jonh Cena and sure he doesn't come off looking that impressive, but against 90% of the WWE lockeroom he looks pretty darn good. Could he have been pushed harder? Yes... but overall I'd say h was a guy that got a fair amount of opportunities and did pretty well with them.

I can see him being relatively happy overall with his tenure in the company. Especially with the New Day since he genuinely seemed to be having fun. I think they New Day had a fair amount of creative freedom (as I can't imagine Vince coming up with half the stuff the New Day did). I think there are several people in the company who might only be sticking with the WWE because they feel there aren't better opportunities... but I wouldn't say Kofi was necessarily one of them.
    That's taking. a lot of things out of context though, like how for the better part of a decade the midcard titles were basically treated as props to be passed around in heatless matches with guys WWE had no interest in doing anything with.

That's taking. a lot of things out of context though, like how for the better part of a decade the midcard titles were basically treated as props to be passed around in heatless matches with guys WWE had no interest in doing anything with.
    If the only guys in the company who are happy are the top main eventers then yeah... there will obviously be a LOT of unhappy people. 99% of the people in the lockeroom will be unhappy. If you're only going to be happy being a top guy then yeah... you probably don't want to be in the WWE because 99% of the guys that walk through the door won't reach that level.

But I think Kofi did have a pretty good career that anyone could be proud of even excluding the Kofi-mania stuff. Only Kofi himself knows for sure whether or not he feels that way, but I think the majority of wrestling fans at least would consider him as a guy with a very long and respectable career. That one match with Brock Lesnar doesn't take all that away from him. Again, maybe Kofi himself feels differently...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If the only guys in the company who are happy are the top main eventers then yeah... there will obviously be a LOT of unhappy people. 99% of the people in the lockeroom will be unhappy. If you're only going to be happy being a top guy then yeah... you probably don't want to be in the WWE because 99% of the guys that walk through the door won't reach that level.

But I think Kofi did have a pretty good career that anyone could be proud of even excluding the Kofi-mania stuff. Only Kofi himself knows for sure whether or not he feels that way, but I think the majority of wrestling fans at least would consider him as a guy with a very long and respectable career. That one match with Brock Lesnar doesn't take all that away from him. Again, maybe Kofi himself feels differently...
    To paraphrase someone else; if you're not in the business to be a top guy, why're you in it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    What did they think was going to happen? Why did they even sign with the company in the 1st place if they care so much about wrestling often?
    Your perks for doing it.

1) You get to be in a video game. No matter how bad it is.

2) You can charge more for your appearances being a WWE former talent.

3) If the WWE is PAYING folks to do little or nothing to spur TNA & AEW-that is free money to do nothing at all.

4) Eventually you get some merchandise at least a action figure

It takes 2 to tango, WWE shouldn't be hoarding talent, and wrestlers shouldn't be signing up to essentially be paid to sit in catering or at home.
    If someone is DUMB enough to write that check-why not? If the WWE FEARS TNA and others that much-that is on THEM.

They are that scared someone might use these guys right? Because those guys are willing to take RISKS? Like Jay Lethal as ROH chanp for a long time. Kofi WISHES he was champ that long.

To paraphrase someone else; if you're not in the business to be a top guy, why're you in it?
    There's a difference between wanting to be a top guy, and only being happy if you're the top guy. There are plenty of wrestlers in the past at least who had a love of being in the industry despite never being the world champion.

In theory this should be fun. It's a performance art. This is entertainment. If it's not, then yeah ... you're probably not going to be happy.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

as mentioned before, a lot of guys aren't satisfied just collecting a paycheck.

if that were true, cody, the mox, jake, wade, dustin and shawn spears would all be still with the E.

hell, in a inteview, kenny said that he was tempted to go to the E not just for the money but because he wanted to know what it felt like to have people work his character instead of himself. but in the end, he made the choice on what would make him happiest.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as mentioned before, a lot of guys aren't satisfied just collecting a paycheck.

if that were true, cody, the mox, jake, wade, dustin and shawn spears would all be still with the E.

hell, in a inteview, kenny said that he was tempted to go to the E not just for the money but because he wanted to know what it felt like to have people work his character instead of himself. but in the end, he made the choice on what would make him happiest.
    I think ANYONE in his position would opt not to work for the WWE. He's being paid millions, and he and his buddies are essentially running things. I'm surprised Omega even gave the WWE offer any thought at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Your perks for doing it.

1) You get to be in a video game. No matter how bad it is.

2) You can charge more for your appearances being a WWE former talent.

3) If the WWE is PAYING folks to do little or nothing to spur TNA & AEW-that is free money to do nothing at all.

4) Eventually you get some merchandise at least a action figure

If someone is DUMB enough to write that check-why not? If the WWE FEARS TNA and others that much-that is on THEM.

They are that scared someone might use these guys right? Because those guys are willing to take RISKS? Like Jay Lethal as ROH chanp for a long time. Kofi WISHES he was champ that long.
    He might wish he was WWE champ for that long but definitely not ROH.

I think people forget how much content the WWE puts out. They put out about 8 hours of weekly content. That's more than AEW,TNA,ROH, and NWA combined.
    They need bodies just as much as stars.

wednesday night, fellas. time to have some fun.

opening bout is private party vs. the lucha bros.

damn this match is lit!!!