Page 830 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834840880930 ... LastLast
Results 12,436 to 12,450 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Bullet Club A-hole Finn is back.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It depends! As a fan, I wanted to see Goldberg (and Ryback) squash people. I want to see the Fiend squash people.

I still want semi-realism on the card. Curtis Axel shouldn't be having too competitive a match with Seth Rollins. I've learned to get over it, but consistency in Indy feds used to bother me. Wrestler A would be in Fed A and B, and be on the lower end of the card in Fed A, but on the higher end of the card in Fed B. (And Fed B overall wasn't significantly stronger than Fed A)
    that's cool and all, and i myself love a good squash match but goldberg, ryback(ewwww his squashes were shitty) nor the fiend were in that match, and that's what we were talking about specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not saying they need to chase the mainstream but squashes have a place even in a promotion like AEW. It's good to establish who your stars are. Giving guys quick decisive wins is a great way to do that. You know the librarian guy isn't going to set the world on fire so what's the harm of him getting killed in a 5 minute match?
    i agree squashes have their place, that just wasn't it. the harm is you might be devaluing somebody you've invested in when signing them to a contract. with the librarian(who's actually a decent talent himself) it's not so much an issue since i believe they signed him to do comedy stuff anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What are they doing? The only thing I read is that Kofi was asked about his lost and crushed a pancake while being happy go lucky. That's not enough to sell me.
    sounds like they're just planting seeds right now, not trying to make the sale.

Astonishing Member

That was everything you could want in a main event on NXT.

Help solidify to two new stars in Keith Lee and Dijakovic.
    Keep your hottest heels hot.
    Book your next few ppvs.
    Surprise the crowd.

Astonishing Member

AEW has the best tag team division in recent memory.Even better than the days of the Hardy's,Dudley's,and Edge/Christian.

Matt and Nick should be proud.

Ultimate Member

Lucha Bros should win the tag belts, no question on that for me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's very WWE 90's sort of gimmick, where the wrestlers day job defined their character.
    WWE 90s job gimmicks had the guys show some personality. Britt doesn't do that at all.

Ultimate Member

Allie and Penelope Ford need to be featured more at least. They have far more personality than Dr. Britt does.

Sign Jamie immediately if possible. She'd be such a boom to the Women's Division.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AEW has the best tag team division in recent memory.Even better than the days of the Hardy's,Dudley's,and Edge/Christian.

Matt and Nick should be proud.
    i'd imagine they are. it does my heart good to see a healthy tag division.

Fantastic Member

Another great night for wrestling. Eff you Mondays

Astonishing Member

Yeah it looks like Wednesday is the new 'wrestling night'.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Finn has joined the ue!!!
    I'm curious if he is actually joining the UE, or if this is sort of an independent heel turn. Guess we'll find out next week.

Funny how everyone seems to turn on Johnny and his wife. No one seems to like them for some reason

Ultimate Member

I hope not. Him being a heel but still doling his own thing would be far noire interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's cool and all, and i myself love a good squash match but goldberg, ryback(ewwww his squashes were shitty) nor the fiend were in that match, and that's what we were talking about specifically.

i agree squashes have their place, that just wasn't it. the harm is you might be devaluing somebody you've invested in when signing them to a contract. with the librarian(who's actually a decent talent himself) it's not so much an issue since i believe they signed him to do comedy stuff anyways.

sounds like they're just planting seeds right now, not trying to make the sale.
    You will always have guys on the bottom of the totem pole in any signed roster. I don't see the issue with signed guys being squashed because they are more credible than nameless local guys. Squashing a Zack Ryder who has some credibility behind him is far more impressive. Alternatively use a rookie wrestler they can book regularly to eat all the losses. A guy who's been wrestling for only a year shouldn't be winning anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I hope not. Him being a heel but still doling his own thing would be far noire interesting.
    That seems to be what he is doing. Finn doesn't like anybody calling themselves Mr. NXT but him.

I see Lee and Dijocovic teaming and going against Fish and O'Reily for the tag belts.

What's the goal of Balor going heel? I'm not against the turn but when UE are your top heels where's the room for Fin?