Page 831 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 331731781821827828829830831832833834835841881931 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That seems to be what he is doing. Finn doesn't like anybody calling themselves Mr. NXT but him.

I see Lee and Dijocovic teaming and going against Fish and O'Reily for the tag belts.
    The cool thing about having a heel faction hold all the tag belts is that its actually super easy to book around them. Just throw faces at them. That one match finish almost sets up an entire Taker Over card. Potentially at least.

I think people are to a degree not giving the NXT the credit it deserves as far as booking. It's somewhat overly simple, but its functional in building matches and feuds they need to get to the next Taker Over. It's certainly less elaborate than what we see in other places, but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's the goal of Balor going heel? I'm not against the turn but when UE are your top heels where's the room for Fin?
    If nothing else, it gives Johnny Wrestling something to do at the next Take Over.

It think more than anything Fin is just there to give a bit of star power to the show, and right now there are probably more top NXT faces for him to wrestle than heels apart from the UA. Obviously he can feud with UA as a face, but that sort of takes a spot from someone in the regular NXT roster than needs it more.

Ultimate Member

Also they clearly had no real plans for him on the MR right now, so better this than him getting nothing if note to do on Raw or SD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The cool thing about having a heel faction hold all the tag belts is that its actually super easy to book around them. Just throw faces at them. That one match finish almost sets up an entire Taker Over card. Potentially at least.

I think people are to a degree not giving the NXT the credit it deserves as far as booking. It's somewhat overly simple, but its functional in building matches and feuds they need to get to the next Taker Over. It's certainly less elaborate than what we see in other places, but it gets the job done.
    There is nothing wrong with being simple.Simple means it make sense. Characters should be complex not booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also they clearly had no real plans for him on the MR right now, so better this than him getting nothing if note to do on Raw or SD.
    Yeah, I do think it would be sort of cool if they cycle a few upper mid-card guys in and out of NXT every so often. Obviously it gives NXT some star power, but it also gives guys who maybe don't have anything going on in the main roster a sort of refresh. He can potentially do more on the main roster down the line as a heel too, maybe with the OC.

Heck, when AJ drops the US title down the line the OC might wanna take a few months in NXT to do something.

Astonishing Member

What they really need to do is start treating and marketing NXT as it's own brand and stop pretending it's developmental. You don't put developmental talent on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    What they really need to do is start treating and marketing NXT as it's own brand and stop pretending it's developmental. You don't put developmental talent on TV.
    At this point, I don't think they're actually marketing it as a developmental. It's just that everyone knows that it is. Or at least the internet fanbase knows... people tuning in for the first time might not be aware of it and think it's just a fed with little star power competing in a very small arena.

One of the advantages AEW has over NXT in the Wednesnight wars is that it looks much bigger. Bigger stars in bigger arenas. NXT looks indy by comparrison. Not that it needs to try and compete with AEW on that level... Vince obviously can but shouldn't. But it is what it is.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of OC, the MR missed it's chance to get Finn involved in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Speaking of OC, the MR missed it's chance to get Finn involved in that as well.
    Honestly I'm not sure how well the OC works with 2 main event (or near main event at least) level guys in it. I think it almost forces one to play second fiddle to the other. I think Finn feuding with the OC might have actually made more sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If nothing else, it gives Johnny Wrestling something to do at the next Take Over.

It think more than anything Fin is just there to give a bit of star power to the show, and right now there are probably more top NXT faces for him to wrestle than heels apart from the UA. Obviously he can feud with UA as a face, but that sort of takes a spot from someone in the regular NXT roster than needs it more.
    As a heel, he can ultimately put someone over (which is why they want him there), and kind of be the gatekeeper to the main roster.

And yes! Asuka and Kairi defending the belts on NXT!

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As a heel, he can ultimately put someone over (which is why they want him there), and kind of be the gatekeeper to the main roster.

And yes! Asuka and Kairi defending the belts on NXT!
    It's nice that they are taking advantage of the floating nature of the tag belts. Hopefully we see more of this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Jim Ross in response to Seth Rollins shooting on AEW: "Maybe some day he'll be as over as his Girlfriend"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tessa Blanchard is leaving Impact
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-...act-wrestling/

Let the bidding war begin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tessa Blanchard is leaving Impact
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-...act-wrestling/

Let the bidding war begin
    I mean all indications that WWE isn't interested so there will be like one major bidder, especially one that has a weaker women's division.