Page 834 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 334734784824830831832833834835836837838844884934 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    seth has really forgotten where he came from.

i mean, i liked him at the start because i knew him and his work from ROH when he was tyler black.

now? hard to call myself a fan of him.

I see why Seth did it. He is a World Champion of the company. If he starts singing praises of another company it makes what he's doing look weak to fans. Plus it dangles the carrot if they ever meet up down the line. It makes fans , like your doing go ...OH THAT ASSHOLE SETH !! HE PISSED ON THE HONOR OF AEW AND KENNY OMEGA !!

Rollins did a good job here. If down the road either man ends up in either company fans get that match now. He did a solid job stroking the rage of people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    seth is fuking up because he's forgotten who his fanbase is. the people who wanted to see him in the spot he's in are not the casual fans, they're the fans he's mocking/insulting.
    Rollins is for the WWE Universe. That is his fanbase. He again fucked up how ? Because some older fans will get pissed and deem him an asshole because he isn't worshipping Omega and AEW ? These fans best get used to it. Not every WWE star who was big in indies and had a following is gonna do this. Many will shoot as did Rollins to sell the company that is cashing their checks today.

These fans need to hop in a time machine , skip back 20 years when wrestlers would take pot shots at companies they left . And yet many still would end up working for both or all 3 companies at some point even when they did this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Page I think will be a part of the main title picture, MJF?? Easily. The 2 matches janela had with omega were easily better than MJF vs cutler. Honestly better than any singles match I’ve seen from MJF anywhere. If you want to point me to a great MJF match I’m glad to watch.
    Eh... I think it's entirely possible if MJF had a couple long matches with Omega they could have been just as good as Janelas.

But in-ring work aside, I think MJF might be the better all around sports entertainer. I think it's easier to imagine MJF as a top face than it is to imagine Janela as a top heel. My opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I see why Seth did it. He is a World Champion of the company. If he starts singing praises of another company it makes what he's doing look weak to fans. Plus it dangles the carrot if they ever meet up down the line. It makes fans , like your doing go ...OH THAT ASSHOLE SETH !! HE PISSED ON THE HONOR OF AEW AND KENNY OMEGA !!

Rollins did a good job here. If down the road either man ends up in either company fans get that match now. He did a solid job stroking the rage of people.
    Honestly I don't think Rollins did anything that I haven't heard Austin say about WCW back in the day. The difference is the internet back in the day was more pro-WWE than WCW, so no one minded Austin talking smack about WCW. But because the internet is more pro-AEW than WWE, people actually get bothered by Rollins talking Smack about AEW. If Rollins said it about Impact/TnA we probably wouldn't be talking about this now.

Wrestlers do this sort of thing. Omega took a small shot at NXT too... not that big a deal. When you have competition, this sort of things happen. I'd almost say it's a part of the job if you're a top guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think Rollins did anything that I haven't heard Austin say about WCW back in the day. The difference is the internet back in the day was more pro-WWE than WCW, so no one minded Austin talking smack about WCW. But because the internet is more pro-AEW than WWE, people actually get bothered by Rollins talking Smack about AEW. If Rollins said it about Impact/TnA we probably wouldn't be talking about this now.

Wrestlers do this sort of thing. Omega took a small shot at NXT too... not that big a deal. When you have competition, this sort of things happen. I'd almost say it's a part of the job if you're a top guy.
    I think you're ignoring context.

Back then WWF was perceived as the underdog vs Turner-backed WCW (and not all their shots were that fondly regarded even then, remember Huckster vs Nacho Man?). They were punching up against a product that had way more resources than them and was threatening to drive them out of business altogether.

But also when WCW took shots, especially when their product began to decline, the fans scorned them for it (I still remember the sheer visceral hate people had for Tony after "That'll put butts into seats" even after it had been revealed that it wasn't his call), basically calling them bullying assholes.

Now? WWE has grown into a massive corporation, a decade-old monopoly that owns almost the entirety of pro-wrestling's past and most of it's present as well. And now they're the one's punching down in an attempt to distract from their own declining product and dwindling audiences.

That is why people are calling them out.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

Back then WWF was perceived as the underdog vs Turner-backed WCW (and not all their shots were that fondly regarded even then, remember Huckster vs Nacho Man?). They were punching up against a product that had way more resources than them and was threatening to drive them out of business altogether.

But also when WCW took shots, especially when their product began to decline, the fans scorned them for it (I still remember the sheer visceral hate people had for Tony after "That'll put butts into seats" even after it had been revealed that it wasn't his call), basically calling them bullying assholes.

Now? WWE has grown into a massive corporation, a decade-old monopoly that owns almost the entirety of pro-wrestling's past and most of it's present as well. And now they're the one's punching down in an attempt to distract from their own declining product and dwindling audiences.

They are calling AEW the minor leagues... which objectively speakingis probably fair say at this point. Just as it's fair for Omega to say the same thing about NXT. It's not nice... but thats just what wrestlers do. There's a kernel of truth to it, with the dial turned up because that's how wrestlers talk. Talking a bit of trash is an element of competition.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They are calling AEW the minor leagues... which objectively speakingis probably fair say at this point. Just as it's fair for Omega to say the same thing about NXT. It's not nice... but thats just what wrestlers do. There's a kernel of truth to it, with the dial turned up because that's how wrestlers talk. Talking a bit of trash is an element of competition.
    It's not fair to say when the owner of that company has more money than the WWE, selling out arenas that WWE are no longer able to, getting a major TV deal when the company is less than a year old is beyond what a "minor league" can do. In terms of sheer operation and reach AEW still has a long way to go. WWE wouldn't be so aggressive with their counter programming if AEW wasn't a threat to them on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

WCW did more than that. There was the time they had Madusa throw the WWF Women's title in a trash can , the whole "This is where the Big Boys play" was a knock at Vince's company. ECW itself was mocked by WCW and WWF which had Lawler call it a basement etc. I mean the companies all took shots and the wrestlers all took part in it at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not fair to say when the owner of that company has more money than the WWE, selling out arenas that WWE are no longer able to, getting a major TV deal when the company is less than a year old is beyond what a "minor league" can do. In terms of sheer operation and reach AEW still has a long way to go. WWE wouldn't be so aggressive with their counter programming if AEW wasn't a threat to them on some level.
    The fact that the owner of AEW is richer than Vince doesn't automatically translate to AEW being a larger wrestling company than Vince. Owners of ROH might be as rich or richer as Vince too, but that doesn't mean ROH is anywhere near as big as WWE. Turner was richer than Vince, but even after Turner bought WCW for MOST of their time competing WWE was the bigger name brand. Sting was the WCW franchise and he says all the time WCW wrestlers were like second class citizens compared to the WWE.

By pretty much any objective standard of measurement, WWE is still a much bigger wrestling organization than AEW. That's not to take anything away from what AEW has accomplished thus far... but compared to the WWE right now, they are the minor league. You can't reach the WWE's level in a matter of months regardless of how rich the owner of a wrestling organiation is.

And I'll equally say what Omega said about NXT is valid. NXT compared to AEW right now is much smaller. It's a developmental. It is what it is.

Again, what Seth and Omega said had kernals of truth to it... but they're wrestlers, so they're going to dial things up a bit. That's what wrestlers do. It's really not that big a deal. Compare that to what sort of shots were fired in the 90's between WCW, WWE, and ECW this is nothing.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-26-2019 at 10:03 AM.

The funniest part of revisionist WWE history is how the company paints itself as some little entity that fought against a giant in Turner. The WWF itself then in early 1990's was responsible for its own downfall in mid/late 1990's for how business had went. They pushed someone to recreate Hulk Hogan in Nash and basically didn't push who fans wanted in 1995/96 (Shawn Michaels , Bret Hart etc).

Vince feeling how WCW was unfairly raiding his roster is also silly. This was a man who raided and destroyed a lot of the territories in 1980's. He personally crippled Verne Gagne's AWA by this. Hell even when Bischoff was handing out big paychecks some stars like Nash came to Vince and was like , "Can you at least give me half of what he's offering ?"

Nash was thinking of how his 1st WCW run went as Oz and Vinnie Vegas. He was worried and as he told in shoots he was thinking that it may not work. Vince himself felt so over confident that no way would Bischoff and WCW book these guys right so he was like , I can low ball Nash and he'll stick around. Nash realized that Vince didn't seem to even try to respect him and left. (The WWF had this weird deal with some guys in 1990's where they'd try this low ball tactic and a lot of time it blew up in their faces)

The funniest part of revisionist WWE history is how the company paints itself as some little entity that fought against a giant in Turner. The WWF itself then in early 1990's was responsible for its own downfall in mid/late 1990's for how business had went. They pushed someone to recreate Hulk Hogan in Nash and basically didn't push who fans wanted in 1995/96 (Shawn Michaels , Bret Hart etc).

Vince feeling how WCW was unfairly raiding his roster is also silly. This was a man who raided and destroyed a lot of the territories in 1980's. He personally crippled Verne Gagne's AWA by this. Hell even when Bischoff was handing out big paychecks some stars like Nash came to Vince and was like , "Can you at least give me half of what he's offering ?"

Nash was thinking of how his 1st WCW run went as Oz and Vinnie Vegas. He was worried and as he told in shoots he was thinking that it may not work. Vince himself felt so over confident that no way would Bischoff and WCW book these guys right so he was like , I can low ball Nash and he'll stick around. Nash realized that Vince didn't seem to even try to respect him and left. (The WWF had this weird deal with some guys in 1990's where they'd try this low ball tactic and a lot of time it blew up in their faces)
    I think at the time, Vince frankly had to lowball people as he clearly couldn't compete with Ted Turner if it came down to a bidding war. Vince can do that sort of thing NOW, but back then things were different.

Desptie the loss of top talent, I think in the long run Vince was better off letting the talent go to WCW with their inflated contracts. Vince was able to create new stars, and WCW's over bloated contracts eventually helped to sink the company. So it worked out in the end.

I think at the time, Vince frankly had to lowball people as he clearly couldn't compete with Ted Turner if it came down to a bidding war. Vince can do that sort of thing NOW, but back then things were different.

Desptie the loss of top talent, I think in the long run Vince was better off letting the talent go to WCW with their inflated contracts. Vince was able to create new stars, and WCW's over bloated contracts eventually helped to sink the company. So it worked out in the end.
    It was later admitted that Vince should have gave Nash at least a better offer as well as Hall than what he tried. I mean even when his business was way HOT back in 1999 , he had went to Jeff Jarrett and made him take a pay cut with the idea he'd get something back at contract time. Then tried to low ball him comically.

I mean Vince once signed Mark Henry in 1996 to a 10 year deal. Business wasn't that bad for him to not sign guys to big deals ala Henry. Its just he felt over confident and that no way could WCW compete against him. He was Vince "f'n McMahon.

It was later admitted that Vince should have gave Nash at least a better offer as well as Hall than what he tried. I mean even when his business was way HOT back in 1999 , he had went to Jeff Jarrett and made him take a pay cut with the idea he'd get something back at contract time. Then tried to low ball him comically.

I mean Vince once signed Mark Henry in 1996 to a 10 year deal. Business wasn't that bad for him to not sign guys to big deals ala Henry. Its just he felt over confident and that no way could WCW compete against him. He was Vince "f'n McMahon.
    Yeah, it could have tried to compete with Turner but again in the long run he would have come up short. Turner had more money, and frankly Turner needed them more than Vince did.

And again, long term the big money contracts Turner was dishing out ended up helping to sink the company so it was smarter to just let Turner take them. Vince was able to create new stars to fill the void inevitably (it admittedly took him a bit of time), so ultimately it was a win win for Vince all around. Vince ended up doing exactly what was better for his company in the long run. It just took awhle for that to be apparent to everyone.

Astonishing Member

Kahn might have more money than Vince, but AEW is not how Kahn makes his money. The WWE is how Vince makes his money. AEW is a side project probably Kahns version of the XFL.

I think dissing other wrestlers is honestly the best use of social media for a wrestler. It needs to be the new kayfabe. Wrestling can never really be a force as performance art.

Yeah, it could have tried to compete with Turner but again in the long run he would have come up short. Turner had more money, and frankly Turner needed them more than Vince did.

And again, long term the big money contracts Turner was dishing out ended up helping to sink the company so it was smarter to just let Turner take them. Vince was able to create new stars to fill the void inevitably (it admittedly took him a bit of time), so ultimately it was a win win for Vince all around. Vince ended up doing exactly what was better for his company in the long run. It just took awhle for that to be apparent to everyone.

Vince ended up doing that he was pushed into. He eventually had to pay to keep certain stars and some comically bent him over the table as he was competing. Warrior is one. Vince had to eat the loss of thousands of copies of Warrior's comic book as that never sold at all.

The classic "downside guarantees" was 1st created for ...Marc Mero who was given a huge contract because Vince decided to sign him as Hall was leaving 1st.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-startl...eration?page=9

Vince started then to go around and give the others on his roster these type of contracts because he was pushed into doing it. He could have obviously kept Nash for sure had he approached it with a better offer. (when your giving Marc Mero a huge deal...then yeah...)

While WCW's guaranteed contracts did cripple that company down the road , a lot could be blamed for the inflated roster. They had over 240+ wrestlers on contracts and were flying many into shows and never using them comically. At 1st this move to give workers guaranteed money and not risking injuries was a great deal for workers then. Because many would rush back and be hurt. Its only with WCW's contracts that many chose to milk things and stay home instead.