Page 843 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 343743793833839840841842843844845846847853893943 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,645 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rusev was fucked as a monster character type in 2014/2015 when they decided they wanted him to be beaten like some version of Drago by Cena. It wasn't gonna get better for him. I remember seeing that and knowing Rusev would never really get to that height again due to WWE.
    In wrestling monster are USUALLY built up to ultimately be slain by the top face. A Hogan or Austin or a Rock or a Cena will USUALLY end up defeating the monster in the end. It's rare the top face doesn't come out on top.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I watch wrestling for wrestling, not this Russo-esque trash.
    Russo'esque would be this ending with Lana dangling on a cage and then the match having an inconclusive finish, and then the storyline randomly morphs into another one and the face nor the heel really triumphs at the end

Right now it's Attitude/Era or ECW as it's trashiest. (Or I've heard some call it a parody of the Attitude Era, which I'd accept as well lol)

For all the shitty storylines last night, there was some actually good wrestling too. Again, buildup to Saudi shows are always terrible because nothing really happens, but I was semi-sports entertained last night.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Russo'esque would be this ending with Lana dangling on a cage and then the match having an inconclusive finish, and then the storyline randomly morphs into another one and the face nor the heel really triumphs at the end

Right now it's Attitude/Era or ECW as it's trashiest. (Or I've heard some call it a parody of the Attitude Era, which I'd accept as well lol)

For all the shitty storylines last night, there was some actually good wrestling too. Again, buildup to Saudi shows are always terrible because nothing really happens, but I was semi-sports entertained last night.
    Yeah, this I think is more Heyman than Russo.

If it were Russo, we'd probably find out Lana was cheating on him with Rusev's long lost twin sister or something like that. Heyman gets trashy, but it's rarely that overly complicated.

Honestly I thought it was a pretty fun RAW. There's some good new talent having solid matches sandwiched in between a fair amount of soap opera drama. It's RAW, which isn't trying ot be NXT.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

according to reports, raw saw another sharp drop in ratings, especially in the 3rd hour where it went from over 2 million to almost under 1 million.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    according to reports, raw saw another sharp drop in ratings, especially in the 3rd hour where it went from over 2 million to almost under 1 million.
    A well deserved drubbing.

Ultimate Member

So much for getting Rusev over I guess, this is the most idiotic way possible to try and do that.

Astonishing Member

this whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. i have never liked these kinds of angles, especially with real life couples.

plus, rusev is so damn talented. this is a total waste, regardless of how it's supposed to get him over. it didn't work the last two times. it's not gonna work now.
    I agree that Rusev is talented. Love the Brute. Sometimes, I think the worst thing a big man can do is show that he has comedic chops. Same with Big E.

For me, I am a fan that wants to have meaning toward the violence. Wrestling is a work as we all know. Once you acknowledge that, having two guys just beat up each other gets old. I need heels and faces. I need someone to root for. I need storytelling. Some stories can be about winning a title, but realistically that only limited amount matches. Some can be about vengeance. But like any TV shows, you can do things that get a gut reaction from anyone. It can be racism, sexism, affairs, and so on. As long as the heel gets his or her butt kicked in the end , then I am good.

I care when guys like Kofi and Daniel Bryan win championships even though management doesn't like how they look.

I care when Triple H beats Orton because he RKOed Steph.
    I care that Macho Man wanted to kill Hogan for trying to steal Elizabeth.

I think it's why I am enjoying NWA Power so much. I cared about Tim Storm on day one. Not because I got some 5 star classic. It's because they gave me a character to care about first. No stupid points system which is so dumb. In no actual sport does only a handful of wins get you a title shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wow, that was a train wreck. I am sorry that I am not sorry....wow. I hope this is a work because it's a great heel promo.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In wrestling monster are USUALLY built up to ultimately be slain by the top face. A Hogan or Austin or a Rock or a Cena will USUALLY end up defeating the monster in the end. It's rare the top face doesn't come out on top.
    Its rare but you can really build a face to do this. Or turn the heel monster face since he's not been defeated. Could a Rusev face turn worked ? Its possible then. It worked with Goldberg who as a monster heel was turned face months in and became dominant in WCW.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, this I think is more Heyman than Russo.

If it were Russo, we'd probably find out Lana was cheating on him with Rusev's long lost twin sister or something like that. Heyman gets trashy, but it's rarely that overly complicated.

Honestly I thought it was a pretty fun RAW. There's some good new talent having solid matches sandwiched in between a fair amount of soap opera drama. It's RAW, which isn't trying ot be NXT.
    Take in mind Paul E. once had Tommy Dreamer learn Beluh was cheating on him in a storyline. Then in classic ECW style Dreamer learned she was having an affair with Kimona . Its there Dreamer told Stevie Richards .."I'm man enough to take em both on !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I agree that Rusev is talented. Love the Brute. Sometimes, I think the worst thing a big man can do is show that he has comedic chops. Same with Big E.

For me, I am a fan that wants to have meaning toward the violence. Wrestling is a work as we all know. Once you acknowledge that, having two guys just beat up each other gets old. I need heels and faces. I need someone to root for. I need storytelling. Some stories can be about winning a title, but realistically that only limited amount matches. Some can be about vengeance. But like any TV shows, you can do things that get a gut reaction from anyone. It can be racism, sexism, affairs, and so on. As long as the heel gets his or her butt kicked in the end , then I am good.

I care when guys like Kofi and Daniel Bryan win championships even though management doesn't like how they look.

I care when Triple H beats Orton because he RKOed Steph.
    I care that Macho Man wanted to kill Hogan for trying to steal Elizabeth.

I think it's why I am enjoying NWA Power so much. I cared about Tim Storm on day one. Not because I got some 5 star classic. It's because they gave me a character to care about first. No stupid points system which is so dumb. In no actual sport does only a handful of wins get you a title shot.
    but this isn't doing it for him. if it didn't work for mike, it's not gonna work for rusev. rusev was over before this by just being himself and killed that dead.

rusev could be doing so much more than this. as well as lashley.

Astonishing Member

but this isn't doing it for him. if it didn't work for mike, it's not gonna work for rusev. rusev was over before this by just being himself and killed that dead.

rusev could be doing so much more than this. as well as lashley.
    Oh I see your point. I was disappointed that they didn't put Rusev and Lashley in the championship loop with Brock as champ. I miss the TNA Lashley.

I just don't have a problem with this storyline because it's clear. The Kannelis stuff was pointless. Who do I root for? There was no one to root for in the Kannelis train wreck. What was the end point. It was "controversial" for the sake of being controversial.

The rating might have been down in the last hour, but the crowd reacted to that Rusev segment. I hope for the best for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Oh I see your point. I was disappointed that they didn't put Rusev and Lashley in the championship loop with Brock as champ. I miss the TNA Lashley.

I just don't have a problem with this storyline because it's clear. The Kannelis stuff was pointless. Who do I root for? There was no one to root for in the Kannelis train wreck. What was the end point. It was "controversial" for the sake of being controversial.

The rating might have been down in the last hour, but the crowd reacted to that Rusev segment. I hope for the best for all parties.
    i'm glad you're enjoying it. i just don't care for storylines like this.

for me, lashley should've been brock's biggest challenger, seeing as how he's done MMA before and had a much better career than brock.

LOL QT Marshall and the Librarian aka "Bald Carlito and Slim Roode."

And we need more Dustin & Sonny! Natural Kiss has a ring to it ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-29-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    LOL QT Marshall and the Librarian aka "Bald Carlito and Slim Roode."

And we need more Dustin & Sonny! Natural Kiss has a ring to it ...
    ditto. great chemistry.

and dustin is just............how can he be that good at 50?