Page 845 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 345745795835841842843844845846847848849855895945 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,675 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I

Man that sucked not because it was offensive it sucked because it sucked. Much like Claire the foot Lynch. Doesn’t matter if AJ and Dix were ok with it, it was fukn garbage. The only good to come from it was unintentional comedy like slap nuts passing out in an ankle sleeper hold.
    Nah , Jarrett doing his challenge and having people react so angry over it was priceless. The crowd clearly had guys wanting to kill him and he picks plants in audience was perfect. The entire deal where Taz goes , "Jeff's seemingly taken everything Kurt has ...now his entrance !"

Sweet, because as everyone knows when your girlfriend cheats on you with a woman it means they want to have a threesome with you
    It was 90's and politically incorrect as the company would proclaim in promos. The entire spot was shown in Rise & Fall of ECW DVD where Kimona and Belush both start making out with Tommy who holds em apart comically. This Rusev angle seems tame by comparison to that 20+ years ago.

I do remember when Heyman was told by Vince in early 2000's he had to do a big soap opera angle and Paul being a genius then didn't want to waste any of his top talent in it. He had Angle , Edge , Benoit etc . So what Paul did was the Al Wilson/Dawn Marie storyline where she was seducing a much older man and threw him into heart attack.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lol. Yep a lot of ECW does not age well. When a lot of older wrestler get on the new generation for not selling and taking too many risks, I have to point to ECW for leaving that impression on today's generation.

You never hear a crowd chant WCW or WWE.

My top announce teams.
    NWA POWER: Cornette and Galli
    NXT: Mauro,Nigel, and Beth.
    SMACKDOWN. Cole and Graves.
    IMPACT: Matthews and Callus
    AEW: Ross,Tony, and Excalibur
    Raw:King,Phillips, and Maddin
    ROH: Nyquil
    Yeah, for better or for worse, I think ECW had that effect on wrestling. It sort of made high spots and no selling big moves far more common place. Not that Foley and Jeff Hardy didn't leave a pretty lasting impression too... but I think WWE handling that sort of thing very different than ECW did back in the day.

I had always wondered where Kimona had disappeared since she left ECW a few months after the whole angle mentioned above in 1996. Well 2-3 years later she actually was in WCW's dying days of 1999-2001. She played Leai Meow (a cheerleader/valet) for the New Varsity Club team awhile. Then moved to the Jung Dragons where she played an Asian type dominatrix who would beat up Yang and others if they disappointed her lol.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seth Rollins call WWE fans fickle in the new WWE podcast
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ans-booing-him
    I don't know why he's so upset. All those fans that keep making fun of him are already leaving in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I don't know why he's so upset. All those fans that keep making fun of him are already leaving in droves.
    The ones leaving are the casuals, who don't bother making fun of him to begin with. The ones bothering to complain are the sames who complained about Cena or Roman week after week after week, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The ones leaving are the casuals, who don't bother making fun of him to begin with. The ones bothering to complain are the sames who complained about Cena or Roman week after week after week, etc.
    Casuals and deep, non-family investors. FYI. Those are who are leaving. Public stake is hurting due to their deals with the Saudi government. They lost 2/3 value since last year and the XFL take is their overage.

Vince may have done and goofed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Vince will never have to worry over the company honestly. The moment Fox handed them $1 billion dollars to air Smackdown the next 4-5 years the times of worry is over. Vince its joked could run Brock Lesnar into the fucking ground and build no one for the next 4-5 years and he won't be hurt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Vince will never have to worry over the company honestly. The moment Fox handed them $1 billion dollars to air Smackdown the next 4-5 years the times of worry is over. Vince its joked could run Brock Lesnar into the fucking ground and build no one for the next 4-5 years and he won't be hurt.
    I doubt Fox just handed them a blank check. If Smackdown's ratings keep hemorrhaging numbers like this, expect them to exercise a loophole that'll leave Vince over a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I doubt Fox just handed them a blank check. If Smackdown's ratings keep hemorrhaging numbers like this, expect them to exercise a loophole that'll leave Vince over a barrel.
    I'm sure there is an out clause somewhere , but Vince isn't a moron with TV contracts. I'm sure there is an out clause with a penalty if Fox tries to pull out of the TV deal. Everyone knew Fox over-paid for NFL and WWE TV rights when they did the deal.

and that would be his fanbase. brilliant move.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

at least i have a healthy respect for cena and roman. they seem like nice guys IRL.

Which I think was Seths point. People cheered Cena and Roman till they got to the top, and the same thing happened with Seth.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Which I think was Seths point. People cheered Cena and Roman till they got to the top, and the same thing happened with Seth.
    With Cena, fans were frustrated that his character progression came to a halt once he reached the top and stopped being interesting. It wasn't helped that he demolished a couple of fan favorites among the way but that's not on him. Roman was given the top spot during a period when he wasn't ready and said spot was handed to him. Coming off the breakup of the Shield most fans wanted Moxley for the spot.

Astonishing Member

Seth Rollins call WWE fans fickle in the new WWE podcast
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ans-booing-him
    Fandom is fickle, if you believe that there is consensus with all of us. We are fandom, and we don't agree all the time. Hell, we strongly disagree a good share of the time.

That's all fandom no matter the topic or the medium.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

With Cena, fans were frustrated that his character progression came to a halt once he reached the top and stopped being interesting. It wasn't helped that he demolished a couple of fan favorites among the way but that's not on him. Roman was given the top spot during a period when he wasn't ready and said spot was handed to him. Coming off the breakup of the Shield most fans wanted Moxley for the spot.
    and right now, both cena and roman get more cheers than seth. cena gets cheered out of respect since his career is winding down. and roman hasn't been in a title picture since he came back from leukima and thus not shoved down our faces all the time.

seth is being boo'd because him being a ass-hat on social media and having his relationship with becky splattered on screen.