Page 847 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857897947 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT:

Candice vs. Io was another really good match, and Io winning was the right call.

I'm not surprised at the KW still getting cheered. Asuka and Kairi were really over in NXT and they're hard to boo because they're just so damn entertaining. Also Kari losing clean on Monday was still dumb.

One critique that I do have is that they might be starting to overuse the green mist spot. It's cool no doubt, but they don't need to use it every single time.

Women's War Games match, expected but still really cool nonetheless.
    In all fairness Becky already did get pinned by Kari, so I don't think she needed to get pinned by Kari in two straight matches. Having the tag champs win the tag match and the singles champ win the singles match seemed like a pretty reasonably trade off.

Ultimate Member

She didn't need to get pinned I agree, but it was stupid to do that to Sane two days before a title defense. Just do a DQ or no-contest, simple really.

Anyway:

AEW:

I would have preferred Lucha Bros win, but I certainly ain't going to complain about SCU because they're really good as well.

Moxley and Jericho both had fantastic promos.

Hikaru is back, awesome. Not a bad match either.

I have no freaking clue what they're trying to do with Brandi, it's more funny than creepy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The ones leaving are the casuals, who don't bother making fun of him to begin with. The ones bothering to complain are the sames who complained about Cena or Roman week after week after week, etc.
    the jdfromny206 effect
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nah , Jarrett doing his challenge and having people react so angry over it was priceless. The crowd clearly had guys wanting to kill him and he picks plants in audience was perfect. The entire deal where Taz goes , "Jeff's seemingly taken everything Kurt has ...now his entrance !"
    Nah that was shit, at most good for a chuckle IF you think calling a guy named Jose, Hose-B is clever.

It was 90's and politically incorrect as the company would proclaim in promos. The entire spot was shown in Rise & Fall of ECW DVD where Kimona and Belush both start making out with Tommy who holds em apart comically. This Rusev angle seems tame by comparison to that 20+ years ago.

That doesn’t make it good though.

Which I think was Seths point. People cheered Cena and Roman till they got to the top, and the same thing happened with Seth.
    His point is moot though because he believes it’s happened for the same reason. He had the fans that complained about Cena and Roman but alienated them and now calls them fickle. Wtf did he xpect??

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Nah that was shit, at most good for a chuckle IF you think calling a guy named Jose, Hose-B is clever.
    No its funny because Jarrett isn't a MMA guy and pretty silly at doing it. Him stealing Angle's entrance and then doing all that stuff to sell being a MMA guy (jumping up n down , having stuff put on his face and the Team Jarrett dojo guys) was him being an asshole heel in a comedy way. The whole Jose thing was a minor comedy spot as a plant. The real comedy was seeing Jarrett doing this whole act and seeing how real many in audience wanted to go fight him.

This is why it worked and he did it for weeks. The heel heat he got from those fans who wanted to kick his ass in real life was funny to watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    With Cena, fans were frustrated that his character progression came to a halt once he reached the top and stopped being interesting. It wasn't helped that he demolished a couple of fan favorites among the way but that's not on him. Roman was given the top spot during a period when he wasn't ready and said spot was handed to him. Coming off the breakup of the Shield most fans wanted Moxley for the spot.
    Roman being given a top spot when he wasn't necessarily ready for it is why I always thought WWE made the right decision to not give Braun the world title. They put Roman in a top position very very quickly (though in hindsight I understood it given how quickly they were about to lose Cena being a full timer). Had Braun been put in the same position Roman did, the same people complaining about him not getting the title in 6 months would probably be complaining that he was put in a postion he wasn't ready for over guys like Seth. So I'm glad that bullet was dodged. Yeah, people are complaining about Seth too but no one can credibly argue he shouldn't be in the position he's in. So that's fine.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ticket and merchandise sales continue to drop for WWE.
    https://www.thewrap.com/wwe-stock-ta...mpression=true

Astonishing Member

Roman being given a top spot when he wasn't necessarily ready for it is why I always thought WWE made the right decision to not give Braun the world title. They put Roman in a top position very very quickly (though in hindsight I understood it given how quickly they were about to lose Cena being a full timer). Had Braun been put in the same position Roman did, the same people complaining about him not getting the title in 6 months would probably be complaining that he was put in a postion he wasn't ready for over guys like Seth. So I'm glad that bullet was dodged. Yeah, people are complaining about Seth too but no one can credibly argue he shouldn't be in the position he's in. So that's fine.
    RAW and Smackdown's cratering viewership numbers kinda undermine that argument.

Then again when you spend a decade yanking the rug out from under your workers to the point that there's an entire lost generation of wrestlers spanning from the mid-2000's to now...

Unlike Roman, Braun actually got build up for the top spot and legitimately got over. He was in a better position to take the belt in his rise to the top than Roman. The WWE doesn't want to commit where it counts.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I am dropping the network. With NXT on USA, that was my reason for keeping it. There is just too much free wrestling out there, that keeping something for B and C level ppvs doesn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

Their stock seemed inflated to me anyway. It's just dropping towards more reasonable numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Personally, I am dropping the network. With NXT on USA, that was my reason for keeping it. There is just too much free wrestling out there, that keeping something for B and C level ppvs doesn't make sense.
    I've been enjoying it on Hulu. More stable stream.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unlike Roman, Braun actually got build up for the top spot and legitimately got over. He was in a better position to take the belt in his rise to the top than Roman. The WWE doesn't want to commit where it counts.
    Braun got over in a fairly artificial manner. It was less his actual mic work or promos, and more backstage stunts and squashes. Put him in a position where he had to carry a 15 minute promo or a 30 minute match at a major PPV, and he becomes very exposed very very quickly. Roman was MORE prepared than Braun was then, or even NOW imo. A year later I still don't think Brauns mic skills or in-ring has really improved.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    For me the main reason I have the network has always been the PPVs. AEW's next PPV costs what? 50 bucks? Getting the WWE and NXT PPV's for a fifth of that is a steal.

Braun got over in a fairly artificial manner. It was less his actual mic work or promos, and more backstage stunts and squashes. Put him in a position where he had to carry a 15 minute promo or a 30 minute match at a major PPV, and he becomes very exposed very very quickly. Roman was MORE prepared than Braun was then, or even NOW imo. A year later I still don't think Brauns mic skills or in-ring has really improved.
    Over is over. How the guy manages to do it doesn't matter. Braun isn't the type of guy who want to see cut promos anyway. I want Braun to wrecking everything in front of him. That's his appeal. Trying to fit everyone into the same box is why WWE can't make stars.