Page 849 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 349749799839845846847848849850851852853859899949 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Brock vs. The Fiend vs. Adam Cole perhaps since it's apparently Raw vs. SD vs. NXT this year.

Poor Cole if that happens.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I agree you shouldn't put talent in a position where their strengths can't be high lighted... which is basically why you probably don't want him being the champion. That's kind of the point. Keep having him do what he's doing... stunts and squashes. Put the work horses like Seth in the positon where they're able to bust their behinds in the ring.

Again, both guys right now are exactly where they should be in regards to their skill level and abilities.

And if Braun was in the same position as Seth, I very much doubt Brauns matches would be any better. If fact I'm pretty sure they would be worse. Sure you can knock the ending of Hell in the Cell... but replace Braun with Seth, and the ending is pretty much the same. The big difference being the stuff we saw from Seth leading to that ending was 10 times better. Yeah, many didn't love Seths matches with COrbin... but did ANYONE actually prefer Brauns matches with Corbin to Seths?

Bottom line is Seth right now is the work horse which has been carrying the brand for the last 2 years. He exactly the person who should be in the position he is in now. Honestly I'm a little surprised to be having the conversation over why Seth should be champion over Braun freaking Stauman. The reasons frankly should be pretty self evident.
    Disagree. The WWE is not a workhorse promotion. It's great a guy like Seth is on top but that doesn't make him suitable for it. If you got a guy that the fans can really get behind then that's all you need.

Biggest problem with Braun getting the belt is knowing who will take it off him. That's the general problem with monsters having the title. There's a short list of guys who will be believable challengers. I honestly don't think this is a problem as there plenty of guys in the current roster that give him a run for his money.

For record, yes, I prefer Braun matches with Corbin over Seth's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the Fiend beat Seth
    I wonder if WWE purposely withheld Bray winning at Hell in the Cell so he can get the belt in Halloween.

Ultimate Member

Clearly the only one who can topple The Fiend is Aleister Black, hopefully.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In part, JR is just sort of dated. When you hear a lot of the same material over the span of a few decades, it's hard for it not to feel a LITTLE stale.

Plus, I'm not as entirely sure he's as passionate about the product as he was with RAW in the attitude era.

But a JR even at 50% is still the best in the busness quite frankly.
    Jim Ross has shifted his role to color commentary as we see. He lets Excalibur do play by play. But him and Shiavone put over the guys and sell the sizzle to the steak for guys. Jim Ross selling Santana & Ortiz as heel monsters who decimated the Rock n Roll Express was perfect. SPOT ON. He sold the sizzle and steak perfect.

As I said in AEW Review , each man has a perfect role in commentary. Hopefully AEW doesn't fuck it up. All 3 guys have a nice chemistry announce wise and they will get better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Disagree. The WWE is not a workhorse promotion. It's great a guy like Seth is on top but that doesn't make him suitable for it. If you got a guy that the fans can really get behind then that's all you need.

Biggest problem with Braun getting the belt is knowing who will take it off him. That's the general problem with monsters having the title. There's a short list of guys who will be believable challengers. I honestly don't think this is a problem as there plenty of guys in the current roster that give him a run for his money.

For record, yes, I prefer Braun matches with Corbin over Seth's.
    Seth is over AND is a work horse. He can talk, he can wrestle, and he can sell t-shirts. Outside of Roman, there's probably not a better full time guy you want acting as the face of the brand than him. Including Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jim Ross has shifted his role to color commentary as we see. He lets Excalibur do play by play. But him and Shiavone put over the guys and sell the sizzle to the steak for guys. Jim Ross selling Santana & Ortiz as heel monsters who decimated the Rock n Roll Express was perfect. SPOT ON. He sold the sizzle and steak perfect.

As I said in AEW Review , each man has a perfect role in commentary. Hopefully AEW doesn't fuck it up. All 3 guys have a nice chemistry announce wise and they will get better.
    Honestly I don't see the point in a 3 man face announce team (and that applies to AEW and RAW). If you're going to have a third guy, at least make him a heel announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Clearly the only one who can topple The Fiend is Aleister Black, hopefully.
    I wouldn't completely count Seth out ... but yeah, as far as faces go Black might be the only other guy.

Most of the other people at that level (ie AJ, Joe, Orton, Drew) are heels.

Seth is over AND is a work horse. He can talk, he can wrestle, and he can sell t-shirts. Outside of Roman, there's probably not a better full time guy you want acting as the face of the brand than him. Including Braun.
    He was over. He getting boo'd out of the building. That tends to happen when you throw one of your best friends under the bus to kiss corporate ass and being a dick to your fans. Seth is meh at best on the mic.

He was over. He getting boo'd out of the building. That tends to happen when you throw one of your best friends under the bus to kiss corporate ass and being a dick to your fans. Seth is meh at best on the mic.
    Cena and Roman were boo'd too ... anyone want to argue they weren't over? You don't get the sustained push Seth gets if you're not generating cash for Vince. Seth has a new freaking t shirts every 2 weeks, and I'm pretty sure its not just his mom buying them.

And Seth isnt great on the mic but he can talk fine. In the least he's better than Braun. I'll simply say again ... outside of Romen there's no one else better equipped at being a top guy. Even Vince, with his alleged big man fetish sees how dam good Rollins is.

Cena and Roman were boo'd too ... anyone want to argue they weren't over? You don't get the sustained push Seth gets if you're not generating cash for Vince. Seth has a new freaking t shirts every 2 weeks, and I'm pretty sure its not just his mom buying them.

And Seth isnt great on the mic but he can talk fine. In the least he's better than Braun. I'll simply say again ... outside of Romen there's no one else better equipped at being a top guy. Even Vince, with his alleged big man fetish sees how dam good Rollins is.
    The reasons they were boo'd are different from the reasons Seth is getting boo'd. Cena and Roman most of it was because of their booking. Seth is being boo'd for being a legit asshole and a shill. Seeing how merchandise sales is down across the board for WWE I don't anything is flying off the shelf much less Seth's stuff.

Braun isn't for talking. If you want promos you balking up the wrong tree.

The reasons they were boo'd are different from the reasons Seth is getting boo'd. Cena and Roman most of it was because of their booking. Seth is being boo'd for being a legit asshole and a shill. Seeing how merchandise sales is down across the board for WWE I don't anything is flying off the shelf much less Seth's stuff.

Braun isn't for talking. If you want promos you balking up the wrong tree.
    I'll bet you Seths merchandise is selling better than Brauns. You don't get 5 different t shirts if you're first one isn't selling.

And the problem with Braun is you're barking up the wrong tree for wrestling too. Which again is why Seth is being used the way he is, while Braun is being used the way he is. They are both exactly where they should be.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly I don't see the point in a 3 man face announce team (and that applies to AEW and RAW). If you're going to have a third guy, at least make him a heel announcer.
    While i miss a heel announcer , there really isn't a good one right now to bring in. So why force someone to be a heel and drag things down with it ? They have a good flow with what their doing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. If not a heel, then just an interviewer or roving reporter. Honestly, I feel like Taz would be a better fit than JR. Excalibur and JR just don't have any chemistry. JR and Schiavonne do though .

I'll bet you Seths merchandise is selling better than Brauns. You don't get 5 different t shirts if you're first one isn't selling.

And the problem with Braun is you're barking up the wrong tree for wrestling too. Which again is why Seth is being used the way he is, while Braun is being used the way he is. They are both exactly where they should be.
    Braun is perfectly fine on the wrestling front. I like me a agile powerhouse and I have been disappointed with his matches.