Page 857 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907957 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Bray was already drafted to Smackdown.

BUt I suspect this switch was always planned.
    You give this company too much credit. Easiest thing for them to do was to not draft Bray in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You give this company too much credit. Easiest thing for them to do was to not draft Bray in the first place.
    The fact that they drafted him despite being in a feud with Rollins is exactly why I think they had this switch planned all along. No reason to have the RAW title feud with Smackdown star which is going to beat Rollins unless you plan on moving the belt over to Smackdown. If they didn't plan the switch then yeah... keep Bray on RAW and have the title stay on RAW.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The fact that they drafted him despite being in a feud with Rollins is exactly why I think they had this switch planned all along. No reason to have the RAW title feud with Smackdown star which is going to beat Rollins unless you plan on moving the belt over to Smackdown. If they didn't plan the switch then yeah... keep Bray on RAW and have the title stay on RAW.
    They booked themselves in a corner because the finish to Hell in the Cell was dogshit. It killed Seth as a top face and halted Bray's momentum. Seth wasn't even set to defend his title originally. He was suppose to be the team captain of team Hogan. The rematch and giving Bray the belt reeks of panic booking.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They booked themselves in a corner because the finish to Hell in the Cell was dogshit. It killed Seth as a top face and halted Bray's momentum. Seth wasn't even set to defend his title originally. He was suppose to be the team captain of team Hogan. The rematch and giving Bray the belt reeks of panic booking.
    The whole panic set in once the company didn't realize Vasquez needed training more than what they did. (They could have wrote around it that The Fiend was RAW exclusive comically). Its been a wild set of stupid the last few weeks with how they booked everything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Honestly I think they just wanted the Fiend winning the title on Halloween.

Really, the finish of HITC demanded a rematch. THere's no way the feud was supposed to end with the ref stopping the match.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The whole panic set in once the company didn't realize Vasquez needed training more than what they did. (They could have wrote around it that The Fiend was RAW exclusive comically). Its been a wild set of stupid the last few weeks with how they booked everything.
    I saw a Youtube of the guys works in what I believe was Triple Mania ... he probably had enough training for a special attraction match. I think him needing Knee surgery was the biggest reason the match was so short.

But I doubt they paniced over it. Really no one was expecting that good a match from them anyways.

I saw a Youtube of the guys works in what I believe was Triple Mania ... he probably had enough training for a special attraction match. I think him needing Knee surgery was the biggest reason the match was so short.

But I doubt they paniced over it. Really no one was expecting that good a match from them anyways.
    If there was no panic then they are delusional. Given what some indie wrestlers who posted clips of the worst punches thrown in a spot against Benjamin. Even if he did need knee surgery , why not do a bodyguard role to allow him to have the surgery and train more over months ? Because quite frankly what they did was make Vasquez look weak and possibly killed him right now . This after making him a big deal to trot out weeks ago in 1st Smackdown on Fox.

This entire thing was just utterly bad. They thought it would spike interest (it didn't) , they thought Vasquez was ready to do a serious program against Brock (he wasn't , maybe he was injured...but now they blew it) , and now they gotta gear Lesnar towards Mysterio. Because their plans fell apart.

Edit to Add : They signed Cain to a multi-year contract so they had time to make him be Mysterio's buddy and bodyguard building him towards Brock as well. Them rushing him out there...not so good.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 11-03-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

If there was no panic then they are delusional. Given what some indie wrestlers who posted clips of the worst punches thrown in a spot against Benjamin. Even if he did need knee surgery , why not do a bodyguard role to allow him to have the surgery and train more over months ? Because quite frankly what they did was make Vasquez look weak and possibly killed him right now . This after making him a big deal to trot out weeks ago in 1st Smackdown on Fox.

This entire thing was just utterly bad. They thought it would spike interest (it didn't) , they thought Vasquez was ready to do a serious program against Brock (he wasn't , maybe he was injured...but now they blew it) , and now they gotta gear Lesnar towards Mysterio. Because their plans fell apart.

Edit to Add : They signed Cain to a multi-year contract so they had time to make him be Mysterio's buddy and bodyguard building him towards Brock as well. Them rushing him out there...not so good.
    Given Cain needed surgery, I'd assume the plan was always to gear towards Mysterio.

Given Cain needed surgery, I'd assume the plan was always to gear towards Mysterio.
    So they signed a guy to a multi-year contract , promoted it heavy for a short term gain while making Mysterio look weak in a spot ? That sounds comically like the WWE given what we have seen.

Also here was Cain's Triple Mania match. He was carried in a 6 man match more or less. But if this is the only real pro wrestling match he had in months leading to this , then yes...he needed more training and time.

So according to Meltzer the company is mad about Cain's injury. They didn't think it was as bad as originally thought. Because the original plans was a Goldberg style match with "Big Moves" and with surgery coming they couldn't do it as planned. So they made it essentially a couple minute MMA style match he lost.

https://ewrestling.com/article/cain-...tars-bandwagon

So they signed a guy to a multi-year contract , promoted it heavy for a short term gain while making Mysterio look weak in a spot ? That sounds comically like the WWE given what we have seen.

Also here was Cain's Triple Mania match. He was carried in a 6 man match more or less. But if this is the only real pro wrestling match he had in months leading to this , then yes...he needed more training and time.

So according to Meltzer the company is mad about Cain's injury. They didn't think it was as bad as originally thought. Because the original plans was a Goldberg style match with "Big Moves" and with surgery coming they couldn't do it as planned. So they made it essentially a couple minute MMA style match he lost.

https://ewrestling.com/article/cain-...tars-bandwagon
    I think Rey is being used okay. He's likely getting a world title feud with Brock Lesnar out of this.

As for Cain... I'm just saying his knee injury was more likely the cause of type of match we got rather than his lack of training. If the guy needs surgery, he can really only do so much.

Ultimate Member

They could have at least done some kind of DQ or other screwy finish, so he didn't look quite so pathetic.

As for the potential of Brock vs. Rey, well Brock does often have his best matches against smaller guys, so it COULD be a cool matchup, IF WWE lets it be and Brock is willing to sell for Rey.

I think Rey is being used okay. He's likely getting a world title feud with Brock Lesnar out of this.

As for Cain... I'm just saying his knee injury was more likely the cause of type of match we got rather than his lack of training. If the guy needs surgery, he can really only do so much.
    Here is the thing , the WWE knew he had a knee injury. But according to the report they felt he would be good to go for PPV and had to change it due to learning how bad it was. And it appears they are blaming it on Cain for this. He also needed training given brief spots we saw. Throwing a dude to the ground and bear hugging him as you throw weak style punches that even indie guys are laughing at ; well its clear that was needed 1st.

The WWE is clearly responsible for all of this from the get go. Mysterio will get a World title program he likely will be squashed in after being booked weak to Shelton and needing Cain's weak punches in a comical spot weeks ago to save him lol.

Honestly they should have went with Mysterio/Lesnar with Cain as bodyguard. This way you judge his knee , you also let him work off days at Performance Center and do dark matches where he does a few moves. You try to get him ready by Royal Rumble. That hopefully his knee surgery goes well if needed . But you limit him til he is full go. Then you spend dark matches and PC time getting him ready.

The big goal is you want another big star. Not what we saw sadly . And if the company is down on Cain , well its their own damn fault for doing this rushed botched angle.

Astonishing Member

It killed the curb stomp but Rollins but Rollins killed Rollins as a top face.

I think the switch was planned for awhile now.

You didn't have to book a rematch, since you had the draft as an excuse.

Also it makes sense for Heyman not having to go to both shows. Rey was the logical opponent for Brock as well.

I still don't like Brock being champ. Both belts should be vacated.

Here is the thing , the WWE knew he had a knee injury. But according to the report they felt he would be good to go for PPV and had to change it due to learning how bad it was. And it appears they are blaming it on Cain for this. He also needed training given brief spots we saw. Throwing a dude to the ground and bear hugging him as you throw weak style punches that even indie guys are laughing at ; well its clear that was needed 1st.

The WWE is clearly responsible for all of this from the get go. Mysterio will get a World title program he likely will be squashed in after being booked weak to Shelton and needing Cain's weak punches in a comical spot weeks ago to save him lol.

Honestly they should have went with Mysterio/Lesnar with Cain as bodyguard. This way you judge his knee , you also let him work off days at Performance Center and do dark matches where he does a few moves. You try to get him ready by Royal Rumble. That hopefully his knee surgery goes well if needed . But you limit him til he is full go. Then you spend dark matches and PC time getting him ready.

The big goal is you want another big star. Not what we saw sadly . And if the company is down on Cain , well its their own damn fault for doing this rushed botched angle.
    It's possible Rey will get squashed... but if they are building up an actual program here, I think we're more likely to get a match like the ones Brock had with AJ and Bryan. I think they're investing enough time in this storyline to give it a real match. Not that I think Rey will necessarily win... but I don't think he'll be squashed. But we'll see.

I do think Rey is potentially the best possible match up for Brock in the company. He's better than anyone at doing the big man/little man matches.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It killed the curb stomp but Rollins but Rollins killed Rollins as a top face.

I think the switch was planned for awhile now.

You didn't have to book a rematch, since you had the draft as an excuse.

Also it makes sense for Heyman not having to go to both shows. Rey was the logical opponent for Brock as well.

I still don't like Brock being champ. Both belts should be vacated.
    Yeah, I hated how many finisherd the Fiend took. It's somewhat standard now for top wrestlers to kick out of 1-3 finishers... towards the end of Cena's career it regularly needed 3 to win a match. But that was WAAAY to many. I almost think Rollins needs to demote that move to just a signature rather than a true finisher. You can't hit that many and NOT win a match.