Page 859 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 359759809849855856857858859860861862863869909959 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I gotta admit this is more stupid. Given the hell this caused and its doubling down on bullshit. Like , hey we know this caused some problems. **** YOU ALL...WERE EXTENDING IT FOR A NEAR DECADE !!
    I will say if the story that WWE is giving out is correct--and it was strictly mechanical. Then the wrestlers are a bunch of whiners. I mean--who hasn't had a huge delay at an airport like that, especially on international flights. I have been stuck more than 24 hours on a couple of occasions and I don't travel as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE are expanding their partnership with Saudi Arabia. It's been extended to 2027
    https://corporate.wwe.com/news/compa...019/04-11-2019
    If this is true, it puts into question them not paying Vince and the whole hostage.

He's not going to keep doing these shows if they're not paying him for them.

I gotta admit this is more stupid. Given the hell this caused and its doubling down on bullshit. Like , hey we know this caused some problems. **** YOU ALL...WERE EXTENDING IT FOR A NEAR DECADE !!
    As inconvenient as it is to have a 24 hour flight delay, $300 million dollars per show probably makes up for that unless the stuff about them not paying Vince is true. But honestly, if they're extending the deal I'm assuming Vince is getting paid.

Mechanical errors on flights suck ... but these things happen.

Astonishing Member

It's not stupid. Every single promotion would do same exact thing.

It's was a flight delay due to mechanical issues.

The biggest change might be to make it a Wednesday show instead.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If this is true, it puts into question them not paying Vince and the whole hostage.

He's not going to keep doing these shows if they're not paying him for them.
    I see it as an instance of doubling down on a bad decision. Like how Martin Scorsese insist Marvel movies ain't real cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I see it as an instance of doubling down on a bad decision. Like how Martin Scorsese insist Marvel movies ain't real cinema.
    One is an opinion on movies, the other is working with someone that stiffed you on a $600 million dollar IOU. That's not even remotely comparable.
    If Vince isn't getting paid, hes not going to do these shows anymore. Not out of the goodness of his heart. IMO at least, if hes extending the deal that means its beneficial to the company.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's not stupid. Every single promotion would do same exact thing.

It's was a flight delay due to mechanical issues.

The biggest change might be to make it a Wednesday show instead.
    People are still buying that story?

Like I said before, good luck finding anyone willing to go to these shitshows.
    Last edited by wjowski; 11-04-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    People are still buying that story?

Like I said before, good luck finding anyone willing to these shitshows.
    It's not that hard a story to buy. Flights get delayed all the time. I've had it happen to me in the States ... no reason to assume it can't happen in Saudi Arabia.

AJ confirmed there were mechanical problems. He said he talked to the pilot. His word right now is at least as good as anyone elses.

Atlas Airlines also confirmed mechanical problems and apologized for it.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-04-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    One is an opinion on movies, the other is working with someone that stiffed you on a $600 million dollar IOU. That's not even remotely comparable.
    If Vince isn't getting paid, hes not going to do these shows anymore. Not out of the goodness of his heart. IMO at least, if hes extending the deal that means its beneficial to the company.
    Pretty much. You don't continue doing business with a client that doesn't pay and is public relations nightmare. The new deal shuts down all the ridiculous hostage theories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I will say if the story that WWE is giving out is correct--and it was strictly mechanical. Then the wrestlers are a bunch of whiners. I mean--who hasn't had a huge delay at an airport like that, especially on international flights. I have been stuck more than 24 hours on a couple of occasions and I don't travel as much...
    I wouldn't call them whiners. Some guys got a ride back, and some guys got left behind. That doesn't exactly instill a ton of confidence in your value to the company.You come in as a team, you should leave as a team.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

regardless of what really happened, it's not whining when you are stuck in SA where **** can get real for almost any reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    regardless of what really happened, it's not whining when you are stuck in SA where **** can get real for almost any reason.
    Something similar happen in the NBA when they were in China. Daryl Morey, the GM for the Rockets decided to show his support for Hong Kong while Daryl was safe in China.

The Lakers and the Nets were stuck in China playing a game there. China who is currently putting people into internment camps.

You don't leave your people behind in a foreign country.

meanwhile, papa trips is in the building.

and i don't think he came alone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    meanwhile, papa trips is in the building.

and i don't think he came alone.
    He didn't leave his people behind

if WALTER is there tonight...........