Page 862 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866872912962 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Which workers are saying there were no mechanical problems? Because AJ flat out said he talked to the pilot personally, who confirmed that there were. Or is AJ another shrill the internet needs to turn on because hes opting not to publically trash his own company? Hard to keep up with that sometimes.

The charter airline itself publically stated there were issues and apologized for it. It's not like they have a lot to gain by throwing themselves under the bus for Vince.
    FAA has no record of mechanical issues. The organization who's job to document all things commercial aviation has nothing on it.

AJ is a company guy. He isn't going to do or say anything that will rock the boat.

The company line is that Seth gave a speech instead of AJ?

Seth has far more credibility over whether or not he gave a speech or not since he obviously was there and Dave wasn't.
    Seth is the guy who threw his best friend under the bus to keep his lips firmly planted on Vince ass.

Dave has sources. He doesn't need to there if people who were told him what happened. Verifiable sources is journalism 101.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Which workers are saying there were no mechanical problems? Because AJ flat out said he talked to the pilot personally, who confirmed that there were. Or is AJ another shrill the internet needs to turn on because hes opting not to publically trash his own company? Hard to keep up with that sometimes.

The charter airline itself publically stated there were issues and apologized for it. It's not like they have a lot to gain by throwing themselves under the bus for Vince.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    FAA has no record of mechanical issues. The organization who's job to document all things commercial aviation has nothing on it.

AJ is a company guy. He isn't going to do or say anything that will rock the boat.

A number of wrestlers tweeted about it before the whole "MUST PROTECT WWE'S HONOR" came out. One comically said he'd never go back and joked maybe for another pool if the money was right. (His wife chimed in and said HELL FUCKING NO to that.

This was insanely silly and trying to force talent to do it next year will be fun to watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Seth is the guy who threw his best friend under the bus to keep his lips firmly planted on Vince ass.

Dave has sources. He doesn't need to there if people who were told him what happened. Verifiable sources is journalism 101.
    If the source can't tell the difference between AJ Styles and Seth Rollons, then he needs better sources.

As a journalist myself, I can tell you Seth Rollins qualifies as a verifiable source in regards to whether or not Seth Rollins gave a speech in the lockeroom. He would know.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A number of wrestlers tweeted about it before the whole "MUST PROTECT WWE'S HONOR" came out. One comically said he'd never go back and joked maybe for another pool if the money was right. (His wife chimed in and said HELL FUCKING NO to that.

This was insanely silly and trying to force talent to do it next year will be fun to watch.
    And did any of the wrestlers say there was no mechanical problems?

Astonishing Member

So Randy Orton resigned with the WWE.

I regard Metzler as a gossip columnist. Sometimes he isvroht sometimes he is wrong. I based that on that on listening to way too many wrestling podcast.

The wrestling industry is filled with people who are trying to work you, and probably near impossible to have reliable sources.

Sometimes Rich Johnston is right sometimes he is wrong.

It's entertainment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And did any of the wrestlers say there was no mechanical problems?
    Judging from the tweets I saw no one mentioned mechanical issues.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk.../#2b80aa156b11

The one from Karl Anderson is pretty telling as he seems to know someone like Seth would do something 4 days ago before RAW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If the source can't tell the difference between AJ Styles and Seth Rollons, then he needs better sources.

As a journalist myself, I can tell you Seth Rollins qualifies as a verifiable source in regards to whether or not Seth Rollins gave a speech in the lockeroom. He would know.
    What are you talking? What does AJ have to do with anything?

What are you talking? What does AJ have to do with anything?
    Aj was said to be the one who gave the speech Dave mentioned, not Seth. Dave even apologized when Seth called him on it about the misinformation.

There is a big difference between your source being soneone actyally in the room, and a guy like Dave who gets his info third hand. Wrestling dirt shirts are the equivalent of reading something in tabloid... they're not ALWAYS wrong, but take it with a big grain of salt.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-06-2019 at 05:06 AM.

I saw Dave's apology. He retracted the story. Most modern journalists wouldn't even do that when they are wrong. Mad respect for Dave.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

I saw Dave's apology. He retracted the story. Most modern journalists wouldn't even do that when they are wrong. Mad respect for Dave.
    Most modern journalists if they are a REAL journalist do a better job of checking their facts than Dave does. Wrestling dirt sheets are the equivalent of tabloids ... there's no real accountability there.

That said I respect the apology too. I'm just defending Seths right to go off on Dave for spreading misinformation about him. Problem with the internet is people will read Daves dirtsheet, accept it as gospel, and spread it out into social media to dozens of other people who likewise accept it as gospel. Which isn't to say he's always wrong... but not everyone takes internet rumors with the grain of salt that they should. When people start taking Daves word that Seth gave a lockerrom speech over Seths worth that he gave a lockeroom speech, there's something wrong there. And even Dave understands that, hence the retraction.

Most modern journalists if they are a REAL journalist do a better job of checking their facts than Dave does. Wrestling dirt sheets are the equivalent of tabloids ... there's no real accountability there.

That said I respect the apology too. I'm just defending Seths right to go off on Dave for spreading misinformation about him. Problem with the internet is people will read Daves dirtsheet, accept it as gospel, and spread it out into social media to dozens of other people who likewise accept it as gospel. Which isn't to say he's always wrong... but not everyone takes internet rumors with the grain of salt that they should. When people start taking Daves word that Seth gave a lockerrom speech over Seths worth that he gave a lockeroom speech, there's something wrong there. And even Dave understands that, hence the retraction.
    Dave doesn't have the luxury of a tabloid. He's very reliable to be sued for defamation he if deliberately spreads misinformation. A tabloid would get leeway for that kind of thing for being press. Dave is just a guy with connections with a newsletter and podcast.

Dave doesn't have the luxury of a tabloid. He's very reliable to be sued for defamation he if deliberately spreads misinformation. A tabloid would get leeway for that kind of thing for being press. Dave is just a guy with connections with a newsletter and podcast.
    It's not defamation... just laziness. He's not trying to intentionally damage anyone reputation... but he's also not bothering to check his facts before dumping it into social media where people will eat it up like a spoon. He's been wrong plenty of times, and he'll continue to be wrong plenty of times because he's never going to get sued simply because someone's brothers uncles sisters ex boyfriend told him something that wasn't necessarily true. Your post was probably closer to defamation than Daves, but neither one of you will be sued so it ultimately doesn't matter if it's true or not. But again, that's how internet dirt sheets work. It's the internet, what can ya do?
    Last edited by XPac; 11-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's not defamation... just laziness. He's not trying to intentionally damage anyone reputation... but he's also not bothering to check his facts before dumping it into social media where people will eat it up like a spoon. He's been wrong plenty of times, and he'll continue to be wrong plenty of times because he's never going to get sued simply because someone's brothers uncles sisters ex boyfriend told him something that wasn't necessarily true. Your post was probably closer to defamation than Daves, but neither one of you will be sued so it ultimately doesn't matter if it's true or not. But again, that's how internet dirt sheets work. It's the internet, what can ya do?
    Dave has to feed an insatiable fan base. Wrestling fans want dirt. Most wrestling gossip columnists like Dave usually him as a source, do cut and paste, or just make up crap.

Dave at least works his sources as unreliable as they can be(wrestling business), while others just use Dave.

If I am looking for wrestling journalism , I am going to John Pollock.

Astonishing Member

You sure are eager to deflect from the real issue...