Page 888 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 388788838878884885886887888889890891892898938988 ... LastLast
Results 13,306 to 13,320 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    hey do you guys remember when ciampa was a cruiserweight??
    His guns are super heavyweights

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you sure that's how it works?? i remember somebody showing a list of names he was given to choose from. i've been wondering for a long time now how they decide who gets to keep their names and who has to change??

stars are not usually made overnight, many of the ladies are showing a lot of potential. if they continue to get time for their matches rivalries and feuds will develop naturally and that should provide more opportunity to show character & personality.

so will not lighting the world on fire they're not actively shooting themselves in the foot or booking completely nonsensically like WWE often does. if a becky lynch falls into their lap i really don't think they'll try and cool her off to push dr britt.

i don't get what the issue is with calling a transgender woman or man a "beast" am i missing something there??

why would you compare tessa to rey?? they don't wrestle alike, but why couldn't rey beat cage clean if he has the advantage in a gauntlet match??

only one person needed to get over in that match though, cage is already a legit contender, tessa is going into a title match against a guy she's lost to on more than 1 occasion.

i would've done things differently in the gauntlet personally, i would've had cage endure crazy punishment before facing tessa(he is a machine after all). but then again if that happened i could see how some might feel it cheapened tessa's victory when she need to look strong going into a title match.

i have a much bigger problem with how much offense a nearly dead rich swann got against cage than anything that happened with tessa.

holy **** that paradigm shift!!
    Yes, and having Cage go through insane amounts of punishment and losing to Tessa keeps both of your top faces strong.

Having Sami try to tear off Tessa's head with a bat, he misses and hits Cage in the head. Tessa hits magnum on cage. Tessa wins.

Her finisher is over.
    Cage is protected.
    Sami vs Tessa has more heat.
    Cage gets next.

I am using Rey as an example because he is currently having a similar match with Brock.

Here the thing with David vs Goliath matches. People forget that David used a foreign object to win

David didn't beat Goliath hand to hand.

David vs Goliath was a miracle. It only works as a story, if Goliath wins 99.999999% of the time.

Tessa vs Cage was a David vs Goliath match that forgot what made that match special.

I would give Shida the championship over Riho.

Baker looks like she is going heellllll!!!

Finally seeing Fenix in a singles match was awesome. FTL= FREE THE LUCHA.

Keith Lee has benefitted the most from this invasion storyline.

Seth would be the biggest heel in NXT history.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yes, and having Cage go through insane amounts of punishment and losing to Tessa keeps both of your top faces strong.

Having Sami try to tear off Tessa's head with a bat, he misses and hits Cage in the head. Tessa hits magnum on cage. Tessa wins.

Her finisher is over.
    Cage is protected.
    Cage gets next.

I am using Rey as an example because he is currently having a similar match with Brock.

Here the thing with David vs Goliath matches. People forget that David used a foreign object to win

David didn't beat Goliath hand to hand.

David vs Goliath was a miracle. It only works as a story, if Goliath wins 99.999999% of the time.

Tessa vs Cage was a David vs Goliath match that forgot what made that match special.

I would give Shida the championship over Riho.

Baker looks like she is going heellllll!!!

Finally seeing Fenix in a singles match was awesome. FTL= FREE THE LUCHA.

Keith Lee has benefitted the most from this invasion storyline.

Seth would be the biggest heel in NXT history.
    Seth got some nice heel heat, which was good. It really helped paint Ciampa as a top player. Not that he wasn't super over already... but to build things their standoff to the point where he came off as a peer to Rollins (the top guy on the RAW brand) was cool.

I would have been curious to see what sort of reaction Roman would have gotten. But the top Smackdown guys only seem to want to work on Friday Nights. THe Smackdown invasions of RAW and NXT seem to consist of only mid carders.

Astonishing Member

Her finisher is over.
    Cage is protected.
    Cage gets next.
    If they're actually going to give Tessa the title, she has to "earn" her shot fairly and do it as cleanly as possible. That's kind of the problem.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If they're actually going to give Tessa the title, she has to "earn" her shot fairly and do it as cleanly as possible. That's kind of the problem.
    well..........she pretty much did on tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As a matter of personal taste, I only buy inter-gender wrestling when it's the right woman and the right guy paired up.

If they decided to do an intergener match between Bazler and Adam Cole in NXT for example, I could KIND OF buy it. Not that I necessarily want them to go that route, but I'd have an easier time buying over Tessa and Cage. Bazler is big, credible, and frankly has this beastly aura which makes her fighting smaller guys at least feel somewhat believable. Kong in Impact that that too... current Kong in AEW not so much.

Astonishing Member

After seeing it a lot more on Lucha Underground, it's less jarring/more believable to me. Yes, in LU they used the "temple is mystical" excuse and the female luchas were mostly still portrayed as "not as strong" physicially as the male competitors, but after awhile intergender wrestling just stopped being weird.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

ACH found a promotion dumb enough to book him while he still under contract.
    https://twitter.com/HeavyMetalPro/st...34355704422402

I guess he really going to push WWE independent contractor status.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    ACH found a promotion dumb enough to book him while he still under contract.
    https://twitter.com/HeavyMetalPro/st...34355704422402

I guess he really going to push WWE independent contractor status.
    Good.

Whatever he's said or done, WWE's independent contractor BS is long overdue for a day in court.

Looks like ACH found the secret of getting released from the WWE free and clear. Just call WWE and ROH racist, not forgetting to throw Jay Lethal under the bus, and you're good to go.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Looks like ACH found the secret of getting released from the WWE free and clear. Just call WWE and ROH racist, not forgetting to throw Jay Lethal under the bus, and you're good to go.

He likely has a No Compete clause with AEW and Impact possibly listed . But given how quick the release is they may have just waived the No Compete clause deal. I picture this scene at WWE HQ with Myles...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Trust me, he will have drama again. He tags Vince, and says he can't hold me down no more. Seriously, Vince probably didn't even know his name until his meltdown

So RoH COO Joe Koff fired Kelly Klein while she was out with a concession
    https://twitter.com/BJ_Whitmer/statu...56657637126150

Firing someone when their injured is a bad look. WTF is happening in RoH?

So RoH COO Joe Koff fired Kelly Klein while she was out with a concession
    https://twitter.com/BJ_Whitmer/statu...56657637126150

Firing someone when their injured is a bad look. WTF is happening in RoH?
    She's really good, too.

EDIT: She just published their contracts this month. They're gonna get sued. They make the WWE look like saints.

EDIT 2: AEW apparently is flying her out already.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-21-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium