Page 891 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dreamer , Credible and others have said that they were doing good business at live shows , merch and more. Credible claims at one show they did huge on merch sales and that for any other company that was great. Instead the big problems was Paul E. was a bad business man. There was talk Paul owed money in bad deals for lighting. That he was paying guys huge salaries he shouldn't have then.

ECW in 2000 business wise was doing way better business than ROH in 2019.
    Paul was getting plenty of money from Vince but goodness knows his talent never saw any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the ring? Unless she's improved in the last year (the last time I saw her), I rolled my eyes when I heard AEW was interested because that's the last thing they need. (Another average in-ring competitor whose marginally over with the audience)
    In the least it's possible the whole situation with her being fired or whatever from ROH while suffering from a concussion might help get her over from a certain portion of the internet wrestling community. I'll admit I had no idea who this person was... now I'm somewhat curious about her. Not that this makes her a Charlotte Flair or a Becky Lynch... but at least within the internet wrestling smart fans her name is circulating a bit. Some other fed might be able to milk that for something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Paul was getting plenty of money from Vince but goodness knows his talent never saw any of it.
    According to Heyman the amount he got from Vince wasn't enough to keep the company afloat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to Heyman the amount he got from Vince wasn't enough to keep the company afloat.
    Heyman says a lot of ****.

The new IC belt

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Heyman says a lot of ****.

Heyman was floated loans sure. Hell Shane and Vince was ready to float Paul another one as well that fall. But the debt was too much. In fact this was on a wrestling board and looks at the bankruptcy filing in 2001.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin...9;t=006738;p=0

On April 4th, 2001, HHG Corporation, the owners of Extreme Championship Wrestling, filed for bankruptcy.

This bankruptcy filing was not unexpected. It had been widely reported for several months that ECW was having trouble making payroll and could no longer afford to pay
    for television air time. What was not widely reported were the particulars of ECW's finances.

In their bankruptcy filing, HHG Corp. claimed assets of $1,385,500 and listed debts of $8,881,435, which means
    HHG was roughly $7.5 million in debt when they ceased operations. An examination of the details of this bankruptcy filing gives insight into the business of running a wrestling promotion in general and into the final months of Extreme Championship Wrestling in particular.

HHG owed money to wrestlers. HHG listed debts of more than $500,000 owed to at least 40 workers. These amounts may represent back wages or unpaid Pay-Per-View bonuses.
    The amounts range from $150,000 for Robert Szatkowski (Rob Van Dam) to $100,000 for Thomas Laughlin (Tommy Dreamer) to $50,000 for Terry Gerin (Rhino) to $47,275 for
    Francine Fournier to $21,250 for Michael DePaoli (Roadkill)to $12,000 for Don Callis (Cyrus) to $5,000 each for Yoshihiro
    Tajiri and Francisco Islas (Super Crazy) to "unknown" for James Mitchell (Sinister Minister) and Jerome Young (New Jack)
    to $0 for Terry Brunk (Sabu) and Steve Corino. HHG also listed a debt of $48,000 for Troy Martin (Shane Douglass).

HHG owed money to their staff and to the professionals and companies that supported Extreme Championship Wrestling. Amounts owed to staff include $50,480 for Joseph Bonsignore (Joey Styles), $50,000 for Steve Karel, and $1,400 for Gabe Sapolsky. Other amounts include $140,000 for the law firm
    of Hoffinger, Friedland, Dobrish, and Stern, $50,000 for the accounting firm of Donohue, Gironda, & Doria CPA, and $11,700 for Discount Travel Services of Baton Rouge.

HHG also owed money to television stations, radio stations, and production companies, along with other promotional expenses. These amounts included $244,000 for MSG (New York), $243,000 for American Cable Productions, $60,000 for Weigel Broadcasting (Chicago), and $64,000 for William Byrd Productions, producers of ECW on TNN.

HHG debts included $75,000 for Stonecutter Productions, $35,000 for Stonecutter Event Promotions, $25,000 for Top Rope Productions, $16,000 for Fox Cable Networks,
    and smaller amounts for over a dozen television and radio stations from $2,475 for WEEI radio (Boston) to $2,000
    for WUPA TV (Atlanta) to $1,135 for KSEZ radio (Iowa).

HHG also owed money for rent, equipment, printing costs, and security related to ECW events. HHG owed $36,341 for BML Stage Lighting, $14,983 for Betz/Larson Event
    Management, $14,068 for Atlas Protection, $9,883 for University of Minnesota, $5,953 for Elite Signs, $3,445 for TWC Advertising Sales, $2,500 for Lehigh University,
    and $1,579 for Mr. Printer Graphic Center, among others.

HHG also owed money to former and current business partners. These amounts may represent commissions on goods already sold, payments for services already received,
    or payments such as deposits to fulfill contractual obligations.

Amounts include $1,000,000 for Annodeus, a subsidiary of Acclaim, $300,000 for Farm Club Online, $250,000 for The Original San Francisco Toymakers, $150,000 for
    In Demand, ECW's PPV distributor, and "unknown" for TNN Cable, ECW's former broadcast network.

HHG also had a number of curious miscellaneous allowances and debts. HHG allowed for "unknown" debts in at least five
    personal injury cases, including the Erich Kulas case. HHG owed $587,500 for World Wrestling Federation Entertainment,
    $1,242 for Time Warner Communications, and $14,455 for a 1998 Ford F800 truck which, according to the bankruptcy
    filing, is co-owned by Thomas Laughlin (Tommy Dreamer).

HHG also listed debts owed to members of the Heyman family totalling $3.8 million. In total, HHG listed debts of $8,881,435 which doesn't include the "unknown" amounts owed to some workers or allowed for the settlement of the thirteen pending lawsuits and other potential litigation. With liabilities more than six times greater than declared assets, what are the odds that HHG creditors, including ECW workers, will collect?

HHG claimed assets of $1,385,500. Assets included accounts receivable of $800,000 from In Demand, $50,000 from Acclaim,
    and $10,000 from Original San Francisco Toymakers. These amounts may represent estimates rather than actual receivables.
    Also, the companies who owe these amounts to HHG also hold receivables from HHG. Those liabilities may end up offsetting
    a portion of the $860,000 in receivables listed by HHG.

HHG assets also included $19,500 for Tommy Dreamer's truck, $4,000 in merchandise, $2,000 in a bank in Jersey City, and $500,000 for an asset described as a "Tape video library." The actual value of the tape library is difficult to determine without knowing whether PPV events and ECW on TNN shows are included and without knowing what rights have already been sold or leased either in the US or in other countries. Also an estimated value is meaningless unless someone is interested in
    buying the ECW "Tape video library" for that price right now.

The likelihood of collecting HHG debts seems slim at this point for most creditors, including former ECW wrestlers and staff. The receivables listed are probably optomistic estimates. The only other material asset is the ECW tape library and currently only one company, World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, is likely to be interested in acquiring that property. Dispersal of
    cash generated by the collection of receivables or the sale of
    assets would favor creditors with secured claims against HHG.
    The debts were too much and in total Heyman owed over $8+ million in debt.

Weirdly before the bankruptcy was filed and as Paul was trying to sell half the company , its claimed a Time Warner executive proposed with ECW's meager debt and good tie-ins to music etc that they buy the company. This was shot down quickly since Time Warner had a huge mess with WCW and over $60-80 million in debt earlier.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

The new IC belt
    I had to admit that doesn't look too bad.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I like it. They need to get on re-designing the US Title, tho.

It looks like a class ring.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

The redesign for the IC title is alright. I've certainly seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I like it. They need to get on re-designing the US Title, tho.
    The US title had the same design for 17 years. It definitely needs a new look.

Astonishing Member

The new IC belt
    I love it. It's very classy looking . I am surprised since most new belts haven't looked this good.

Spectacular Member

Smackdown needs more variety. I am getting tired of seeing new day, roman shorty g, and ali every week. Also bored of the whole roman corbun feud.

The new IC belt
    Looks better than the wwe championship and universal.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    enjoy getting YELLED at
    36:28 i do you mother..................
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-23-2019 at 02:21 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player