Page 893 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 393793843883889890891892893894895896897903943993 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

rhea and candice win it.

what a shocker of a match.

What a match

next up, the bruiserweight vs. punishment vs. big damo

That war games match was brutal. Not sure if the heel turn was a good idea. NXT is running out of Baby-faces for their women’s division. There’s only 4 left by my count. Though I could be wrong.

That was brutally awesome

Extraordinary Member

And the Bruiserweight is going to survivor series

bloody marvelous 3 way.

up next, the king of bros vs. the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLL rock n' rolla.

now time for the second war games.

ciampa and roddy will start things.

still no sign of the 4th man.

War, owens, war!!!!

damn. what a war.

and britt baker?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    damn. what a war.

and britt baker?!
    Yep, according to Wikipedia she's dating Cole. Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yep, according to Wikipedia she's dating Cole. Huh
    I've been known. seeing britt baker on WWE tv.

It'll be interesting to see if KO is a one shot, or if he ends up joining nxt like Balor for a bit. Guess we'll find out at Survivor Series, given hes supposedly on team RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am using Rey as an example because he is currently having a similar match with Brock.
    i don't see the similarities in the story or how they work in the ring. tessa is not a high flyer or a luchador, cage isn't a heel, and they're not even in a feud.

Here the thing with David vs Goliath matches. People forget that David used a foreign object to win

David didn't beat Goliath hand to hand.

David vs Goliath was a miracle. It only works as a story, if Goliath wins 99.999999% of the time.

Tessa vs Cage was a David vs Goliath match that forgot what made that match special.
    it really wasn't though and i think that might be where your issue is. you felt it should or was supposed to be david vs goliath but that's not what it was. to be fair cage did endure a hell of a lot of punishment, my problem is it came from a basically left for dead rich swann. i would've had elgin go over swann and he and cage just kill each other and then let tess and cage have the match they did.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As a matter of personal taste, I only buy inter-gender wrestling when it's the right woman and the right guy paired up.

If they decided to do an intergener match between Bazler and Adam Cole in NXT for example, I could KIND OF buy it. Not that I necessarily want them to go that route, but I'd have an easier time buying over Tessa and Cage. Bazler is big, credible, and frankly has this beastly aura which makes her fighting smaller guys at least feel somewhat believable. Kong in Impact that that too... current Kong in AEW not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    After seeing it a lot more on Lucha Underground, it's less jarring/more believable to me. Yes, in LU they used the "temple is mystical" excuse and the female luchas were mostly still portrayed as "not as strong" physicially as the male competitors, but after awhile intergender wrestling just stopped being weird.
    how do you guys feel about movies like atomic blonde or kill bill??

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the ring? Unless she's improved in the last year (the last time I saw her), I rolled my eyes when I heard AEW was interested because that's the last thing they need. (Another average in-ring competitor whose marginally over with the audience)
    i'd have to go with beastie on this one, though i haven't seen a whole lot she's been pretty damn good when i've seen her.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think they're booking of Rhea has been pretty awesome. In a relatively short period of time they've built her up to be a very credible threat to even top stars on the main roster. She can easily be the person who can beat Bazyler for the NXT belt, and down the line possibly even Becky on the main roster. Only small downside is I think she'd work better as a monster heel than face... but given Bazler is the monster heel in NXT face is probably the way to go in the short term.

Keith coming off as a potential peer to Braun is pretty impressive too. Honestly I think NXT has somewhat been sleeping on Keith Lee a BIT, but this invasion really allowed him to shine. Like Rhea, I think they're planting seeds for him to be a star on the main roster. Which is cool.

Since I'm personally predicting NXT does pretty poorly in the actual Survivor SEries PPV (I'm predicting they're only going to win one of the womens matches, which Smackdown taking the night as a whole), I'm glad they came off as such a massive threat for virtually the entire build up of the angle. It definately helped NXT, and HOPEFULLY long term that effects their ratings for the better. That show deserves the same level of love as RAW and Smackdown.
    by that do you just mean they're going to call him up?? love keith, but he has 2 big things working against him 1)he's 35 2)he's unmistakingly african american.