Page 9 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    AJ was a top guy in both TnA and New Japan, and overall he's been a top guy longer against bigger name stars.

And if internet buzz is all you can ask for, then I sort of doubt Vince gives a damn about them enough to offer part time guaranteed contracts. But we'll see.
    christian was also a top guy in TNA, it really doesn't mean much. right now omega is as big a star globally as AJ ever was outside of WWE.

sidenote, the NJPW/RoH mania weekend show is xpected to sell out MSG next year. WWE hasn't sold out MSG in a few years.

i never said anything about vince giving a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    While I don't really support Invasion angles, I 100% that WWE is pretty stale right now and they DEFINITELY should do something to shake things up.
    xactly. vince doesn't play well with others so i don't see anything with elite/BC happening, not sure what else they could do to generate some hype right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    christian was also a top guy in TNA, it really doesn't mean much. right now omega is as big a star globally as AJ ever was outside of WWE.

sidenote, the NJPW/RoH mania weekend show is xpected to sell out MSG next year. WWE hasn't sold out MSG in a few years.

i never said anything about vince giving a damn.

xactly. vince doesn't play well with others so i don't see anything with elite/BC happening, not sure what else they could do to generate some hype right now.
    I'm not sure being TNA champion means much as far as the WWE audience goes, anymore than I think being the champion in New Japan means anything. We're talking about the 2 companies who were distant second places to the WWE during. THat said, I'd say Christian is probably a bigger star than Omega globally too.

If we both agree that Vince won't necessarily give a dam, then I'm not sure why anyone should assume Vince feels they deserve to get limited schedules.

If the is already making very good money and doesn't necessarily want to work the WWE schedule, then they probably should stay where they are as they are doing just fine. The Elite doesn't need to be in the WWE, and the WWE obviously doesn't need them so there's no reason either side necessarily needs to bend over backwards to accommodate the other to make this happen.

As well as New Japan is doing, they probably need the Elite more than Vince does. Not that the Elite won't do just fine without them, but the Bullet Club clearly is the center of their universe right now and they are in the middle of a big US expansion.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-11-2018 at 06:12 AM.

I'm not sure being TNA champion means much as far as the WWE audience goes, anymore than I think being the champion in New Japan means anything.
    it does, see all the bullet club and elite merch at WWE live shows as proof, but then again i wasn't talking WWE audience only anyways, i was speaking globally.

We're talking about the 2 companies who were distant second places to the WWE during. THat said, I'd say Christian is probably a bigger star than Omega globally too.
    and you'd be dead wrong, again.

If we both agree that Vince won't necessarily give a dam, then I'm not sure why anyone should assume Vince feels they deserve to get limited schedules.
    where did anybody say vince felt that way??

If the is already making very good money and doesn't necessarily want to work the WWE schedule, then they probably should stay where they are as they are doing just fine. The Elite doesn't need to be in the WWE, and the WWE obviously doesn't need them so there's no reason either side necessarily needs to bend over backwards to accommodate the other to make this happen.

As well as New Japan is doing, they probably need the Elite more than Vince does. Not that the Elite won't do just fine without them, but the Bullet Club clearly is the center of their universe right now and they are in the middle of a big US expansion.
    k

TNA should try and snag this guy for the x-division. or if WWE is going to do another CW classic. so much better than lince dorado or sin cara and could do amazing stuff with some of the other CWs they have

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE already did another CWC within 205 Live when Enzo got fired and stripped of the title.

it does, see all the bullet club and elite merch at WWE live shows as proof, but then again i wasn't talking WWE audience only anyways, i was speaking globally.

and you'd be dead wrong, again.

where did anybody say vince felt that way??

k

TNA should try and snag this guy for the x-division. or if WWE is going to do another CW classic. so much better than lince dorado or sin cara and could do amazing stuff with some of the other CWs they have
    We'll have to agree to disagree about Christian. I think Christian being a WWE superstar during the wrestling's hottest era makes him a far more known globally wrestler than any current New Japan star. Christians net worth right now at the end of his career is 15 million. Omega, who admittedly only now starting to really blow up, isn't even 1 million. I freaking have a higher net worth than the current New Japan champion. Not that net worth necessarily directly dicatates who the bigger star is, but the point being that Christian operated in a much bigger stage than Omega and for far far longer.

New Japan can't make stars as big as the WWE during the attitude era. I'm not sure the WWE even can at this point. Granted Christian didn't become a main eventer until wrestling cooled... but that's still far more exposure globally than anyone outside the WWE could ever possibly get.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE already did another CWC within 205 Live when Enzo got fired and stripped of the title.
    THat's not really the same thing though.

It was a tournament with a few guys outside the normal 205 roster, but the CWC I think is more about inviting cruiswer weights from around the world to compete. People who aren't on the main roster.

It is interesting though that we got another UK and MYC before we got another CWC even though that was first.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

We'll have to agree to disagree about Christian. I think Christian being a WWE superstar during the wrestling's hottest era makes him a far more known globally wrestler than any current New Japan star. Christians net worth right now at the end of his career is 15 million. Omega, who admittedly only now starting to really blow up, isn't even 1 million. I freaking have a higher net worth than the current New Japan champion. Not that net worth necessarily directly dicatates who the bigger star is, but the point being that Christian operated in a much bigger stage than Omega and for far far longer.
    thank you for demonstrating why net worth is irrelevant in this discussion. bottomline if omega or christian walk out on RAW or basically any other promotion in the world omega is getting the bigger reaction. i will admit christian probably get recognized on the street more often as 1 of those guys in those ladder matches by people who quit watching wrestling 15yrs ago.

New Japan can't make stars as big as the WWE during the attitude era. I'm not sure the WWE even can at this point. Granted Christian didn't become a main eventer until wrestling cooled... but that's still far more exposure globally than anyone outside the WWE could ever possibly get.
    stardom fades, attitude era was 20yrs ago. being a star is about more than just people recognizing you, it's about people giving a ****.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

an invasion wouldn't work since vince wouldn't want any of his people looking bad to a "indie" company like NJPW.

and people need to stop bringing up the attitude era. it was a product of its time and environment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from the whole lack of invasion , it seems a big interesting development outside the company seems to be about Randy Orton's backstage behavior again and something he'd do to new writers for the company.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...orton#/slide/1

“For every new writer that would show up, he come in the room, put his hand down his pants, pull out his d*ck, touch himself, then say “I’m Randy Orton, shake my hand. Oh, you dont want to shake my hand? You’re big leaguing me? That’s f**ked up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you wont shake Randy Orton’s hand?”

Its said the WWE is looking into this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from the whole lack of invasion , it seems a big interesting development outside the company seems to be about Randy Orton's backstage behavior again and something he'd do to new writers for the company.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...orton#/slide/1

“For every new writer that would show up, he come in the room, put his hand down his pants, pull out his d*ck, touch himself, then say “I’m Randy Orton, shake my hand. Oh, you dont want to shake my hand? You’re big leaguing me? That’s f**ked up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you wont shake Randy Orton’s hand?”

Its said the WWE is looking into this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

thank you for demonstrating why net worth is irrelevant in this discussion. bottomline if omega or christian walk out on RAW or basically any other promotion in the world omega is getting the bigger reaction. i will admit christian probably get recognized on the street more often as 1 of those guys in those ladder matches by people who quit watching wrestling 15yrs ago.

stardom fades, attitude era was 20yrs ago. being a star is about more than just people recognizing you, it's about people giving a ****.
    I wouldn't say it's entrirely irrelavent, if both guys gained their net worth from pro-wrestling. If one guy has 30 times the net worth, it's fair to assume he worked in a much bigger company with a much larger global audience. He did more on a much larger stage for a longer period of time. Omega might get a bigger reaction if he walked out on RAW now... and I say MIGHT because he'd be making his debut while Christian hasn't wrestled in years. But again there are people who know who Christian is but will have only read about Omega on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    an invasion wouldn't work since vince wouldn't want any of his people looking bad to a "indie" company like NJPW.

and people need to stop bringing up the attitude era. it was a product of its time and environment.
    agreed at least when hhh is in charge that won't be a problem since he's never been one to worry about looking weak another big problem with WWE doing an invasion angle is the company's been obsessed with heel authority figures since austin vs mackman, and thus painted the company as the bad guys for so long it would be hard to cheer them on against any invaders that didn't outright suck.

with cross promotion people only think of outsiders coming into the WWE. i think seeing guys from the WWE showing up at random indy events and attacking their enemies would go a long way in making WWE seem cool and edgy again.

agreed at least when hhh is in charge that won't be a problem since he's never been one to worry about looking weak another big problem with WWE doing an invasion angle is the company's been obsessed with heel authority figures since austin vs mackman, and thus painted the company as the bad guys for so long it would be hard to cheer them on against any invaders that didn't outright suck.

with cross promotion people only think of outsiders coming into the WWE. i think seeing guys from the WWE showing up at random indy events and attacking their enemies would go a long way in making WWE seem cool and edgy again.
    While it's true most of the McMahons are usually heels, both brands currently have face GMs in Angle and Paige. Shane is a face Comissioner, and Triple H can be a face anytime he wants to be (he usually is one on non-main roster things like NXT, the CWC, MYC, etc). So it's possible to paint the WWE authority figures as face depending on which ones they use. MOre than anything it probably means keeping Steph off TV.

here's a great invasion angle that wasn't the NWO

and part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhdUCjPPL3w

I wouldn't say it's entrirely irrelavent, if both guys gained their net worth from pro-wrestling. If one guy has 30 times the net worth, it's fair to assume he worked in a much bigger company with a much larger global audience. He did more on a much larger stage for a longer period of time.
    it is, for a few reasons but yeah it's irrelevant.

Omega might get a bigger reaction if he walked out on RAW now... and I say MIGHT because he'd be making his debut while Christian hasn't wrestled in years. But again there are people who know who Christian is but will have only read about Omega on the internet.
    you realize there are videos on the internet yes??