Page 907 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4078078578979039049059069079089099109119179571007 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so EC3 is reportedly out with a concussion.

that he suffered in september.

insert "getting concussion despite having not wrestled since the mox was with the company" jokes here.
    Did he bump his head in the shower?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think the commentators in general need to educate the audience a bit more about who these people are. Maybe because they're used to believing AEW fans are internet "smart" fans or whatever it's not necessary, but I think a lot of new viewers are going to need a bit more catching up on a lot of these people who aren't former WWE guys.

And they shouldn't have to rely entirely on Excalibur to do that. I get that JR and Shivonee aren't as familiar with some of the indy stuff as a lot of the AEW fan base, but in theory it should be a part of their job to do a bit of homework so the viewers don't have to. Cause if I get the sense that JR doesn't know or even particularly care about some of these people, then it makes it a bit tougher for me to.
    I agree, too. I was thinking, "All right. Now I know their names. Tell me a little bit more about them." And when Allie showed up, we should have either had some explanation for her heel-turn or at least JR going, "Why would she do that?!"

Astonishing Member

Not a fan of AEW commentary except for Tony but I can't put it on Excalibur in this one.

It's called a friggin vignette. A surprise appearance by people only the announcer knew was just dumb.

Hell, give me that old school.. "Who are these mystery men" or something like that, then give me the vignette next week.

Same with Dark Order. We could have gotten the commercials first, and then have the Order appear. It's not like they did anything special the last 8 weeks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of former announcers , Chris Cruise who weeks ago Jim Ross talked of positively in his podcast decided to turn AEW into Maryland commission over the Moxley/ Omega blade match. There are rules against guys blading and according to Meltzer they are looking into it.
    I say just use blood packets or whatever. There's no need for blading anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Opening Smackdown with Roman.

Also the New Day are holding an open challenge for the tag titles for Thanksgiving.

And a new character for the Firefly funhouse.

Extraordinary Member

Robert Roode's theme is glorious

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Blood is really the last real thing the industry has and it shouldn't go away. Because we already have seen a lot stripped away and its hurt that...OMG aspect at times.

There should be a use for blood in a safe way where doctors are on stand by , both workers are tested to make sure nothing wrong happens if both bleed. It also should be done to really heat up a program.

Like where Austin bladed at Wrestlemania 13 against Bret. That became an iconic image of Austin's face pouring bloid as he's in pain and he passes out.

That should be where blood is placed. It shouldn't be done for midcard guys in a nothing program.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Not a fan of AEW commentary except for Tony but I can't put it on Excalibur in this one.

It's called a friggin vignette. A surprise appearance by people only the announcer knew was just dumb.

Hell, give me that old school.. "Who are these mystery men" or something like that, then give me the vignette next week.

Same with Dark Order. We could have gotten the commercials first, and then have the Order appear. It's not like they did anything special the last 8 weeks.
    I agree about the Dark Orders. They had GREAT vignettes and I can't help but think if they had aired those BEFORE they debuted on TV they would possibly be the most over heel tag team in AEW.

AEW does a good job of putting together a fun wrestling show, in large part because I think the already established guys know how to get themselves over and the company lets them. But I think the people who aren't established need a bit more help from the company.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Blood is really the last real thing the industry has and it shouldn't go away. Because we already have seen a lot stripped away and its hurt that...OMG aspect at times.

There should be a use for blood in a safe way where doctors are on stand by , both workers are tested to make sure nothing wrong happens if both bleed. It also should be done to really heat up a program.

Like where Austin bladed at Wrestlemania 13 against Bret. That became an iconic image of Austin's face pouring bloid as he's in pain and he passes out.

That should be where blood is placed. It shouldn't be done for midcard guys in a nothing program.
    In a place which allows blading, then I guess it's fine in moderation.

But if it's now allowed where they are, then freaking use blood packets. It's not rocket science. Don't blade in places where blading isn't allowed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Blood packets are crap. Some things call for real blood. More wrestlers need to know how to bust themselves up hardway.

Astonishing Member

This week's show was kinda 'eh' (not TNA bad, but definitely had some rough edges). If nothing else, I hope AEW is listening to viewer feedback and making improvements as needed. I'd like to think increased promo time and more vignettes ala Dark Order are a sign of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Blood packets are crap. Some things call for real blood. More wrestlers need to know how to bust themselves up hardway.
    With increased awareness of diseases like Hepatitis and especially MRSA, this strikes me as a rather thoughtless take.
    Last edited by wjowski; 11-29-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not like there was a lot to their beatdown of Cody. They did pause to give some breathing room. Time Excalibur should have use to tell us who the hell these guys are. If I have to look stuff up myself that's a complete and utter failure on commentary. Also his failure to explain Allie alliance with them and name change is unacceptable.
    they told us all we really need to know and most likely what they want us to know for now, they're a new team called the butcher & the blade and they beat up cody, tune in next week to find out more. you don't HAVE to look it up unless you're interested and i bet that's xactly what a lot of people did.

xpecting excalibur to xplain who the blade is by the time the butcher came out next and then xplain who the butcher is by the time the bunny came out and then who the bunny is after that is xpecting a lot, especially if anybody else is going to get a word in about cody.

honestly i think not telling too much about them was doing them a favor, would people be more or less interested if they knew the blade is an average worker who's been around forever, married to alley, and found a new gimmick while andy is a guitar player in a punk band who just started wrestling??

i just don't think it's a good way to debut a team like them, that's how you a debut a well known team and that's why it fell flat with the crowd.

like i said excalibur makes you feel like you should know who those guys are, jr makes you feel like you shouldn't care, so if excalibur isn't doing his job jr is fukn stealing company time at this point

Extraordinary Member

Bray Wyatt just rapped.

Extraordinary Member

So it seems like Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura are a tag team now

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So it seems like Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura are a tag team now
    The Bar goes trio?
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua