Page 909 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4098098598999059069079089099109119129139199591009 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's sort of the way CM Punk was when he led the Straight Edge Society. He was essentially telling people to do the right thing, but he did it in such a dickish way that you had to hate him.
    Yeah, Daniel Bryans recent heel turn did a pretty good job of pulling that gimmick too.

I think Bayley could have pulled off that sort heel gimmick, especially with the right face to play off against. Probably would have been funner than what she's doing now.

I thought they were trying to give her more of an edge, but it's just coming off flat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I think wrestling fandom in general is way too hung up on the idea that a heel-turn is a magic cure all.
    I think it's a result of WWE not knowing how to book a face fans can get behind. Their heels tend to have character, motivations, and relationships. They feel more like an actual person as opposes to faces who are one dimensional, talk in catchphrases, and generally happy to be there. Becky is the only face worth giving a **** about that. I know when I watch New Japan I don't ever want Tanahashi, Ibushi or Juice Robinson to turn.

Astonishing Member

What do you guys think of the idea of Jim Ross as the face GM of AEW? You can still use him as the third guy for big matches. He can still voice vignettes.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    What do you guys think of the idea of Jim Ross as the face GM of AEW? You can still use him as the third guy for big matches. He can still voice vignettes.
    I like that AEW has no authority figure. It feels fresh. I honestly don't want one.

Astonishing Member

Maybe in a Jack Tunney role where he's referenced but rarely seen, but that's about it.

Because everyone kind of knows that Cody and the Bucks run things, I don't think a GM would really work.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like that AEW has no authority figure. It feels fresh. I honestly don't want one.

Nah , you keep him on announce team. They promote him heavy as being the big announcer . He misses some calls , but it happens. It would sink the booth to do a 2 man booth or add Taz to try and recreate a modern era WWE announce product (which sucks for the most part).

Also its hard for AEW to do a GM deal since Cody , Bucks and Omega have came out and said they are VP's of the company. They would have to onscreen sever that situation with each person to make a heel GM act work. And heel GM's make it all work good in a way. They can build a heel stable and stir the sauce as they say.

A good heel GM or onscreen guy to build an invading stable with after Jericho ends is...Eric Bischoff. He could come in acting like he owns part of the company or onscreen Khan sold him half of AEW and he becomes the GM of brand and starts twisting things. (Plus given were seeing lots of call backs to the old days of WCW and WWF Attitude era this one would fit)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nah , you keep him on announce team. They promote him heavy as being the big announcer . He misses some calls , but it happens. It would sink the booth to do a 2 man booth or add Taz to try and recreate a modern era WWE announce product (which sucks for the most part).

Also its hard for AEW to do a GM deal since Cody , Bucks and Omega have came out and said they are VP's of the company. They would have to onscreen sever that situation with each person to make a heel GM act work. And heel GM's make it all work good in a way. They can build a heel stable and stir the sauce as they say.

A good heel GM or onscreen guy to build an invading stable with after Jericho ends is...Eric Bischoff. He could come in acting like he owns part of the company or onscreen Khan sold him half of AEW and he becomes the GM of brand and starts twisting things. (Plus given were seeing lots of call backs to the old days of WCW and WWF Attitude era this one would fit)
    Not a heel GM though. A Face GM like Regal. He can do interviews.He can voice vignettes. Ross would truly be the Voice of AEW.

Having wrestlers in their prime calling the shots storyline wise does not make sense. How much can Cody really hate Jericho and the Inner Circle when he can fire him at anytime or strip him of the title.

The Elite are the biggest stars in the company eventually they will have start winning big matches and carrying titles.

It's not like a guy like Dustin was running the show. He can wrestle occasionally and no one would trip.

Not a heel GM though. A Face GM like Regal. He can do interviews.He can voice vignettes. Ross would truly be the Voice of AEW.

Having wrestlers in their prime calling the shots storyline wise does not make sense. How much can Cody really hate Jericho and the Inner Circle when he can fire him at anytime or strip him of the title.

The Elite are the biggest stars in the company eventually they will have start winning big matches and carrying titles.

It's not like a guy like Dustin was running the show. He can wrestle occasionally and no one would trip.

Face GM's can only go so far. You wanna see a heel manipulate and pull strings. To stir things. Ross as GM would be ok for a couple episodes but you would want someone to be the bad guy to do something. WCW tried it with J.J Dillion onscreen but made JJ look like an idiot for how long things went onscreen with NWO and Bischoff. (They tried to portray JJ and Bischoff as having equal power in a way yet JJ did nothing to stop the NWO beyond some rulings onscreen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Face GM's can only go so far. You wanna see a heel manipulate and pull strings. To stir things. Ross as GM would be ok for a couple episodes but you would want someone to be the bad guy to do something. WCW tried it with J.J Dillion onscreen but made JJ look like an idiot for how long things went onscreen with NWO and Bischoff. (They tried to portray JJ and Bischoff as having equal power in a way yet JJ did nothing to stop the NWO beyond some rulings onscreen.
    I don't want any of that. That's what's been happening with the major American wrestling companies since McMahon and Austin and it has overstayed it's welcome.

I don't want any of that. That's what's been happening with the major American wrestling companies since McMahon and Austin and it has overstayed it's welcome.
    To be fair Bischoff started things rolling that way . He wasn't called a GM but was VP of WCW onscreen and behind a heel stable he assembled. I agree it became old hat given how WWE has used it. They now swap GM's around silly . Back then it was a BIG deal when someone returned to become GM.

I'd say things became a joke when WWE could have named anyone on roster or signed someone in early 2010's and instead to mock internet fans put the absolute worst guy on roster as GM. They thought they were spiting net fans with Mike Adamle as GM. But the guy didn't know who anyone was and he had been in the company a year. The crowd booed Adamle when he became GM and things never was the same. Hell they even booed the announced big match due to how this went.

Astonishing Member

But do you like Regal as NXT GM? I think heel general managers are played out. I have never heard a bad thing about Regal as a GM, and he has been doing it for a few years now.

Heel.managers work.
    Heel announcers work.
    But a heel GM just make a non wrestler the biggest heel in the company.

Vince vs Stone Cold was magical, but that can't be repeated with the same results.

But do you like Regal as NXT GM? I think heel general managers are played out. I have never heard a bad thing about Regal as a GM, and he has been doing it for a few years now.

Heel.managers work.
    Heel announcers work.
    But a heel GM just make a non wrestler the biggest heel in the company.

Vince vs Stone Cold was magical, but that can't be repeated with the same results.
    I enjoy Regal as GM. He only shows up when absolutely necessary and he doesn't actually have to be onscreen to have a presence. Regal shows up it actually enhances what goes on without taking it over. Regal is standard I hold for a authority figure in modern wrestling.

Just to add how awful a commentator Excalibur is, JR said that the commentators weren't suppose to know who Blade and Butcher were.
    https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1200533661990445058

I take it that Excalibur screw up here. If the idea is that we weren't suppose to know who they were when they made their debut then it will make more sense. Someone needs to tell Excalibur that AEW isn't PWG. He needs to tell a story with his commentary.

Astonishing Member

Just to add how awful a commentator Excalibur is, JR said that the commentators weren't suppose to know who Blade and Butcher were.
    https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1200533661990445058

I take it that Excalibur went for business for himself here? If the idea is that we weren't suppose to know who they were when they made their debut then it will make more sense. Someone needs to tell Excalibur that AEW isn't PWG. He needs to tell a story with his commentary.
    Get off the man's back already.