Page 92 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495961021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But wrestling isn't unionized... it doesn't have pensions and retirement. If those are the things you want in a job the solution is very simple... DO SOMETHING ELSE. You can't control whether or not Vince decides to pay wrestlers insurance, but you can control whether or not you decide to work for Vince. If you decide to work for the WWE and contractually agree to handle your own insurance and medical bills, then that's on YOU. It's not like it was a secret that pro-wrestling doesn't offer any of that.

And sure plenty of people feel sad when wrestlers pass away... but that's a far cry from wrestlers expecting fans to pay their house payments for them. At the end of the day it's not Vinces responsibility or the fans responsibility to pay for their bills... it's their responsibility. There are plenty of wrestlers in the business, and not just the Hogans or the Rocks or the Cena's, who were able to manage their finances wisely and retire without rellying on GO FUND ME or fraudulent lawsuits to pay the bills. It can be done.

Don't get me wrong, if Vince or any fans WANT to help out that's cool. But there's a difference between that and pretending there's some existing obligation to do so.

Of course continue to profit off them and do whatever is needed. And I'll continue to disagree about a fanbase who will type out RIP and comment how they don't know so/so was in bad shape etc and unable to do things. Yet when they needed help was told ..."Your on your own buddy , ya know the risks..." In all...I disagree with that stance.

And there is a difference between a Rock or John Cena than lets say a Axl Rotten who worked in WWE and Vince puts out home videos and uses on a streaming service. Who suffered from CTE and his career ended due to spinal injury a few years before he passed. There is a HUGE difference as posted between guys who make millions of dollars a year and those who won't. Yet the company will profit using them on streaming etc. Yet Rock and Cena will likely get paid for that ...while a guy like Rotten won't .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course continue to profit off them and do whatever is needed. And I'll continue to disagree about a fanbase who will type out RIP and comment how they don't know so/so was in bad shape etc and unable to do things. Yet when they needed help was told ..."Your on your own buddy , ya know the risks..." In all...I disagree with that stance.

And there is a difference between a Rock or John Cena than lets say a Axl Rotten who worked in WWE and Vince puts out home videos and uses on a streaming service. Who suffered from CTE and his career ended due to spinal injury a few years before he passed. There is a HUGE difference as posted between guys who make millions of dollars a year and those who won't. Yet the company will profit using them on streaming etc. Yet Rock and Cena will likely get paid for that ...while a guy like Rotten won't .
    Axel Ritten should be the poster boy for "you're on your own, you know the risks."

He's a fuy who in ECW and the indys humped through tables and took unprotected chairshots to thr head on a nightly basis for little to no money.

When a guy like him gets cte and spinal injury, people try snd associate that with pro wrestling even though the stuff he did barely has anything to do with wrestling. He's in wwe for a cup of coffee yet his estate believed Vince was somehow unaccountable ? I don't think do.

Vince didn't need to fund this guys heroin habit, the actual cause of his death. This is exaxtly the sort of guy who should lie in their own bed, because they made it.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-30-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Axel Ritten should be the poster boy for "you're on your own, you know the risks."

He's a fuy who in ECW and the indys humped through tables and took unprotected chairshots to thr head on a nightly basis for little to no money.

When a guy like him gets cte and spinal injury, people try snd associate that with pro wrestling even though the stuff he did barely has anything to do with wrestling. He's in wwe for a cup of coffee yet his estate believed Vince was somehow unaccountable ? I don't think do.

Vince didn't need to fund this guys heroin habit, the actual cause of his death. This is exaxtly the sort of guy who should lie in their own bed, because they made it.
    Of course Rotten likely went to drugs due to pain issues he had which happens with a variety of older wrestlers. Vince will however profit off Rotten with Extreme home videos and ECW streaming on WWE Network any way since he doesn't seem to care he turned to heroin which ended his life early. In all I'll disagree with it. Vince will profit off them , fans turn their heads and go ..**** the older guys and yet will post as we see when they pass.

Rotten worked extreme style matches which , even if you hate that people used chairs , tables , and did death matches ...well that style of match was popular in Japan and ECW in the 1990's. (A fact Vince would sell the DVD on later)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Of course Rotten likely went to drugs due to pain issues he had which happens with a variety of older wrestlers. Vince will however profit off Rotten with Extreme home videos and ECW streaming on WWE Network any way since he doesn't seem to care he turned to heroin which ended his life early. In all I'll disagree with it. Vince will profit off them , fans turn their heads and go ..**** the older guys and yet will post as we see when they pass.

Rotten worked extreme style matches which , even if you hate that people used chairs , tables , and did death matches ...well that style of match was popular in Japan and ECW in the 1990's. (A fact Vince would sell the DVD on later)
    If Axel wants to destroy his own body with unprotected chair shots to the head, that's on Axel not Vince. If Axel wants to destroy his own body with illegal drugs again, that's on him ... not Vince.

Vince isn't obligated to pay for Axel own stupidity.

If Axel wants to destroy his own body with unprotected chair shots to the head, that's on Axel not Vince. If Axel wants to destroy his own body with illegal drugs again, that's on him ... not Vince.

Vince isn't obligated to pay for Axel own stupidity.
    Its Axl ...not Axel....and well as repeated...Vince is profiting off this. He's literally sold home videos of Axl Rotten taking said head shots and doing Extreme matches. I have one of the DVD's from mid 2000's.

Its Axl ...not Axel....and well as repeated...Vince is profiting off this. He's literally sold home videos of Axl Rotten taking said head shots and doing Extreme matches. I have one of the DVD's from mid 2000's.
    The fact that Vince is profiting off Axls stupidity doesn't make it any less stupid.

The fact that Vince is profiting off Axls stupidity doesn't make it any less stupid.
    Doesn't make Vince have some moral high ground either to be honest.

Doesn't make Vince have some moral high ground either to be honest.
    I don't think anyone is necessarily claiming Vince has the moral high ground ... merely the legal high ground.

Axls problems were just that ...Axls problems. Not Vinces or anyone else's.

I wonder if you would say the same thing if it was your family member suffering from CTE and died in that bathroom.

Ultimate Member

NJPW spoilers:

spoilers:
    Cody won the IWGP US Title. He's now a triple champion (NWA title, ROH six man tag champion, IWGP US champion).
    end of spoilers

I don't think anyone is necessarily claiming Vince has the moral high ground ... merely the legal high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I wonder if you would say the same thing if it was your family member suffering from CTE and died in that bathroom.

CTE had a man like Mike Webster live out of his pickup truck homeless as he was unable to cope with things. So yeah...its terrible and Axl Rotten struggling with that and not being able to walk ...that is beyond sad.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Trying to make it personal doesn't make him any less right. He fucked himself up doing what he did. I don't see why Vince has to take care of a guy who he hired for literally just one show where he just did a run in.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

These guys ain't suing for residuals or royalties of videos they appear in. They are suing for alleged injures they sustained while working for the company. If it was the former sure, I think they should get something for that footage but that's not what they are suing for.

If it were my family member it would be my problem... but it wouldn't be Vinces. And I certainly wouldn't insist on filing a fraudulent lawsuit.

Again, not Vinces fault my family member got CTE after willingly getting unprotected chairshots on a nightly basis. Not Vinces fault my family member died of a heroin over dose. If a family member did that to himself, pretending otherwise doesn't do anyone any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Trying to make it personal doesn't make him any less right. He fucked himself up doing what he did. I don't see why Vince has to take care of a guy who he hired for literally just one show where he just did a run in.
    Well I think Lbo brought it up ; Vince himself bragged how he gave Heyman loans for years to essentially keep ECW running. He then bought the company etc as we saw. Also the fact he employed Rotten for 2 months and let him work dark shows beyond the ECW ONS shows.

Which was nice to see , because Axl Rotten was never this in ring worker guy. He was a guy who really had the WWE had a hardcore division would have worked best in it and unlike Balls Mahoney ...he didn't have that "goofy character" fans took to during the time he was there.