Page 924 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149209219229239249259269279289349741024 ... LastLast
Results 13,846 to 13,860 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Kabuki warriors retain
    Something happened to Kairi. She looked legit concussed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Something happened to Kairi. She looked legit concussed.
    Yeah, she couldn’t even get up or even sell at the end.

Overall, the girls simply went overboard in the match and started hurting themselves. Granted it’s wrestling but I honestly don’t know what they were thinking, it’s nice to appear tough and aggressive but some of the punishment dished out was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, she couldn’t even get up or even sell at the end.

Overall, the girls simply went overboard in the match and started hurting themselves. Granted it’s wrestling but I honestly don’t know what they were thinking, it’s nice to appear tough and aggressive but some of the punishment dished out was too much.
    I think those early tlc's from the Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C raised such a high bar there's pressure from performers to meet that. Probably moreso from the women main eventinga ppv.

Hopefully in the future they will tone it down a little. As its a tlc they obviously do need high spots, but some of those were pretty scary. Especialy for Kaire... something about her makes all her bumps so sympathatic. Even though I believed she did wrestle this style often in her pre-WWE days.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-16-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

New Day vs. The Revival was awesome.

Black vs. Murphy was also great.?

Viking Raiders vs. OC was meh.

Corbin vs. Roman was bad. I'm still baffled by why Corbin keeps getting support from random heels. In-kayfabe, he hasn't accomplished nearly enough since Mania to warrant it, and he's just a dick in general. Yet they keep showing up to help him despite not really getting anything out of it. Meanwhile, of course no one bothers to come out to help the babyface. It's very poor writing.

The ME was fun, but a bit sloppy at times. And I hope Kairi is ok. Also Charlotte REALLY needs to to work on her in-ring awareness. Both Asuka and Becky seemed to get right away that Kairi was hurt, and were trying to go easy on her. Heck it look like Becky was trying to improvise the last part of that match to compensate. But Charlotte kept going full bore throughout. I'm not saying it was intentional malice from her, but it was careless for sure.

Also Asuka gets a PPV win again, and AGAIN doesn't get to have her moment because of other stuff. You've done this THREE times now WWE, knock it off.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wake up this morning and see that wrestling Twitter is piss off at Charlotte for what she did to Kairi. Why did she think it was a good idea to go through the spot when Kairi was clearly hurt, needed to be dead lifted and tried to get her to call it off?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It is when your running a character who is doing the whole "crazy middle age" type gimmick as we see PCO running as a comparison.

They need long range planning actually. They need to sit down and decide who is gonna be there long term and decide who they need to build to be World Champion in 2020 and 2021. Throwing the belt on someone short term to try and create a buzz with no plans for the future is a big problem. ROH is in a bad spot right now.

It reminds me comically of a shoot years ago Cornette did where he detailed George Scott was back in WCW for so many books as head booker. Scott asked the committee (Cornette , Ross etc) when they would start expect to be making money with booking plans. Cornette told him they wouldn't make a dime this month , the next month and the next month or 2. But if they sit down right now and put things in motion and build guys right to programs they could make some money by the end of the year.

Scott did not like that answer and within a couple months he was fired. Ric Flair took over booking and laid out the long term plan to make Sting the next World Champion.

But that is my point here. ROH maybe losing a couple stars. They need to use the ones they have and if it means Lethal as Champion awhile then so be it or Briscoe . But the long term build guys , you start them off and you use PCO for that. He should be the Dreamer type role in a way. He's the guy the big heel or face challenges as they move up.
    PCO gimmick has nothing to do with his age. He's a wrestling Frankenstein monster. That's not in the same ballpark as Terry Funk.

PCO can't function in a dreamer role as he isn't an old guy that's the heart of the company. Christopher Daniels could have been that if he stuck around.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-16-2019 at 07:41 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PCO gimmick has nothing to do with his age. He's a wrestling Frankenstein monster. That's not in the same ballpark as Terry Funk.

PCO can't function in a dreamer role as he isn't an old guy that's the heart of the company. Christopher Daniels could have been that if he stuck around.
    isn't the tag line "PCO is not human"?

Astonishing Member

I wake up this morning and see that wrestling Twitter is piss off at Charlotte for what she did to Kairi. Why did she think it was a good idea to go through the spot when Kairi was clearly hurt, needed to be dead lifted and tried to get her to call it off?
    Looking back, it seems she's the last one to realize Kairi was hurt. She actually looked like she was pissed at Kairi at times for not selling certain things like she should have. (Like the spear)

It did seem like Kairi didn't want to do the powerbomb spot, but when Charlotte had her up, she resigned herself to it and it ended up looking pretty safe I think.

Main event wasn't a technical masterpiece but it was TLC so I'm ok with it. It's supposed to be sloppy. There were a lot of crazy spots in this match. It was still sports-entertaining.

Looking back, it seems she's the last one to realize Kairi was hurt. She actually looked like she was pissed at Kairi at times for not selling certain things like she should have. (Like the spear)

It did seem like Kairi didn't want to do the powerbomb spot, but when Charlotte had her up, she resigned herself to it and it ended up looking pretty safe I think.

Main event wasn't a technical masterpiece but it was TLC so I'm ok with it. It's supposed to be sloppy. There were a lot of crazy spots in this match. It was still sports-entertaining.
    It was obvious she was hurt. She could have check on her before doing anything to her. Charlotte and the ref did a really bad job here.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yeah, the main event was not good. it was just sloppy all around. kairi getting hurt was just the icing on the cake.

Potential injuries aside, it was okay for what it was.

Multiple person TLC matches are designed to be crazy spot fests, and this basically was what it was. I wouldn't say it was anything close to being a great match, but it was fun enough and I'm happy Becky and Charlotte put over the Kabuki Warriors.

Ultimate Member

Mark Henry said awhile back that Charlotte doesn't respect Kairi and so tends to no-sell a lot of her offense and work stiffer with her. Make of that what you will.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Mark Henry said awhile back that Charlotte doesn't respect Kairi and so tends to no-sell a lot of her offense and work stiffer with her. Make of that what you will.
    Damn, if Mark says that, then I take that as gospel. Mark is a straight shooter.

I think Charlotte justs needs a better surrounding. She would love to fight people like BelAir and Ripley. Where she can go full speed instead of just trying not hurt her opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Damn, if Mark says that, then I take that as gospel. Mark is a straight shooter.

I think Charlotte justs needs a better surrounding. She would love to fight people like BelAir and Ripley. Where she can go full speed instead of just trying not hurt her opponent.
    Kairi is a Joshi. You know how hard those girls hit each other. She would be able to take whatever love taps Charlotte throws at her. I don't think that's the issue.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    isn't the tag line "PCO is not human"?
    They use that tagline and the one claiming he's a 51 year old man who has went insane as this shows.

So yeah he's a guy acting insane and believing he's a Canadian version of Frankenstein basically. Its like how Sabu used to act like an insane guy being led out ala Hannibal Lector style. Funk was playing middle age and crazy as well which makes this comparison fit. (he was 53 when he won the ECW World title).

And honestly no one knows if PCO could have fit the Daniels or Dreamer role since he didn't do it. But odds are he could have and long term building should be a must again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.