Page 925 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4258258759159219229239249259269279289299359751025 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Supposedly it's an issue with the size difference. Which if true makes no sense since she's perfectly willing to sell for women like Sasha and Alexa.

They could use this to make Kairi into a really over babyface, just a thought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Supposedly it's an issue with the size difference. Which if true makes no sense since she's perfectly willing to sell for women like Sasha and Alexa.

They could use this to make Kairi into a really over babyface, just a thought.
    Yeah, supposedly one of the big issues she had in NXT (based on her interviews) was that she was overselling to the smaller girls and it didn't look realistic. So she toned down the selling because she's a big girl.

I suspect someone also told her: "Hey your opponent's spot on the card matters when you're selling too"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also it seems ROH's issues trace back to 2018 where Joey Mercury who was a producer pushed the company to put the ROH World title on Marty Scurll and was told how that every time they put the belt on someone , they end up leaving the company eventually. Which was really stupid for ROH to place a World title on Tavern who wasn't over. And the business dragged into 2019 due to this.

They then put the belt on Rush and only had him lose due to his contract situation running out at end of 2019. He is being looked at by AEW and WWE. So they had to move the belt off him.

Its like the company literally is falling apart with no real plan in place. And PCO seems like something they scrambled into due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

If Kairi needs time off, I'm curious to see what they do. They could maybe get Io to fill in perhaps? She's been MIA from NXT TV for weeks now after all.

Astonishing Member

If Kairi needs time off, I'm curious to see what they do. They could maybe get Io to fill in perhaps? She's been MIA from NXT TV for weeks now after all.
    This is a good time for them to be off. Royal Rumble is next, so no Tag Titles to defend. You know eventually Asuka is challenging Becky, but I'm not sure when they'll pull the trigger.

Time for the tried and true injure & turn on your partner trick!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They use that tagline and the one claiming he's a 51 year old man who has went insane as this shows.

So yeah he's a guy acting insane and believing he's a Canadian version of Frankenstein basically. Its like how Sabu used to act like an insane guy being led out ala Hannibal Lector style. Funk was playing middle age and crazy as well which makes this comparison fit. (he was 53 when he won the ECW World title).

And honestly no one knows if PCO could have fit the Daniels or Dreamer role since he didn't do it. But odds are he could have and long term building should be a must again.
    PCO wouldn't fit the Dreamer role. Dreamer wasn't just a veteran who was happy to lay down for young talent. He was a vet that was synonymous with his promotion and a living embodiment of everything it stood for. PCO can't be that for RoH. There isn't anyone on their current roster that can be that. NWA is the only promotion that has a Tommy Dreamer with Tim Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PCO wouldn't fit the Dreamer role. Dreamer wasn't just a veteran who was happy to lay down for young talent. He was a vet that was synonymous with his promotion and a living embodiment of everything it stood for. PCO can't be that for RoH. There isn't anyone on their current roster that can be that. NWA is the only promotion that has a Tommy Dreamer with Tim Storm.
    Yet , your saying he can be a World champion for the promotion right now ? That he represents the company as World champion ?

Yes Dreamer was the ultimate company guy as he became a star in ECW. But really ROH doesn't have a home grown star to paint in the role. All of them left for greener pastures. All of them moved on. Daniels with his age and all could have done it possibly (he had left and came back sure) , but right now the guy who could fit it age wise is ...PCO.

Yes he's not as ROH original. But right now no one in the company is. No one can be that . PCO could be that as a long time TV Champion who works against heels/faces as the stepping stone ala Dreamer/RVD. To get the stars of 2020/2021 ready. He could be that role and it fits really better than throwing a World title on him in a desperation move because they may not keep that champion they have.

Right now ROH is struggling. This move may not turn the tide. The last PPV before this had 800 PPV Buys. (Down from the usual 3,500-5,000 PPV Buys they do) Unless they sit down and get a clear booking idea down and build the roster they have that isn't taking AEW or WWE deals , then their gonna be doing worse in 2020.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think the end game of this whole feud was to have Asuka feud with Becky anyways, so sidelinging the tag belts for a bit so Asuke can feud with Becky sort of works.

If necessary they can have the Kabuki Warriors drop the tag belts and come back later claiming they were never beaten for the titles.

Yet , your saying he can be a World champion for the promotion right now ? That he represents the company as World champion ?

Yes Dreamer was the ultimate company guy as he became a star in ECW. But really ROH doesn't have a home grown star to paint in the role. All of them left for greener pastures. All of them moved on. Daniels with his age and all could have done it possibly (he had left and came back sure) , but right now the guy who could fit it age wise is ...PCO.

Yes he's not as ROH original. But right now no one in the company is. No one can be that . PCO could be that as a long time TV Champion who works against heels/faces as the stepping stone ala Dreamer/RVD. To get the stars of 2020/2021 ready. He could be that role and it fits really better than throwing a World title on him in a desperation move because they may not keep that champion they have.

Right now ROH is struggling. This move may not turn the tide. The last PPV before this had 800 PPV Buys. (Down from the usual 3,500-5,000 PPV Buys they do) Unless they sit down and get a clear booking idea down and build the roster they have that isn't taking AEW or WWE deals , then their gonna be doing worse in 2020.
    PCO is the best guy they could put the title on. He's over and he can go at a main-event level. With a lack of stars he really the only option they have. They have no stars on their current roster. Taven never over, Flip Gordon don't make them money, Slias Young ain't main-event level, wrestling is secondary to Kenny King, Alex Shelly just came out of retirement. Unless they want to put the belt back on Lethal or Jay Briscoe there is no one.

Astonishing Member

PCO is the best guy they could put the title on. He's over and he can go at a main-event level. With a lack of stars he really the only option they have. They have no stars on their current roster. Taven never over, Flip Gordon don't make them money, Slias Young ain't main-event level, wrestling is secondary to Kenny King, Alex Shelly just came out of retirement. Unless they want to put the belt back on Lethal or Jay Briscoe there is no one.

Just sad. Here is the larger point, if you think none of those people you listed should have the belt then exactly who should be the people who challenge him.

You have a "he still got it" champ with no legitimate contenders in a promotion incapable of making stars.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Just sad. Here is the larger point, if you think none of those people you listed should have the belt then exactly who should be the people who challenge him.

You have a "he still got it" champ with no legitimate contenders in a promotion incapable of making stars.
    Off the top of my head I would like to see Bandido and Jeff Cobb if they still have him challenge for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Exactly....and right now this is where they are at. And its sad and this company has been ran into the shitter since 2018 given decision making process.

PCO is the champion of a dying promotion. Its like the AWA ......cue Baron Von Raskhe..."Crumble , crumble , crumble..."

Extraordinary Member

I think TLC was pretty decent:

Black vs Murphy

Lashey vs Rusev

Reigns vs Corbin

Ladies Main Event were the standouts to me. I legit think Charlotte just got caught up in the moment. That powerbomb was brutal tho.

Astonishing Member

Also it seems ROH's issues trace back to 2018 where Joey Mercury who was a producer pushed the company to put the ROH World title on Marty Scurll and was told how that every time they put the belt on someone , they end up leaving the company eventually. Which was really stupid for ROH to place a World title on Tavern who wasn't over. And the business dragged into 2019 due to this.

They then put the belt on Rush and only had him lose due to his contract situation running out at end of 2019. He is being looked at by AEW and WWE. So they had to move the belt off him.

Its like the company literally is falling apart with no real plan in place. And PCO seems like something they scrambled into due to this.
    I'd say it goes back to them getting bought by Sinclair, an already shitty company in it's own right.