Page 927 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Beaver boys can actually go, especially Johnny silver.

Where did you guys get the lnfo that AEW would rather have their enhancement talents over guys like cage, Cobb, bandido etc?? Seems like bs to me.
    TH2
    DARK ORDER
    LAX
    BUCKS
    BEST FRIENDS
    SCU
    JURASSIC EXPRESS
    BUTCHER AND BLADE
    PRIVATE PARTY
    LUCHA BROS.

Why in God's name would you sign another tag team? Especially a tag team that only the truly Indy die hard would know. You have the most loaded tag team roster in recent memory, and you add the Beaver Boys when local Union Jobbers #4356 would fill in the same role.

I would understand a Japanese or Indian tag team because that would be trying to serve a demographic.

The narrative of AEW was started when you introduce Brandon Cutler as a guy who just got a job because he knows the Bucks. When you look at that roster, and the see the repetitiveness of men's singles matches, you begin to line up the dots.

How piss off is Cody that the NWA next ppv is called Hard Times

Hopefully, they talked to Cody beforehand and maybe this is a sign of a much needed partnership of AEW and NWA.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    TH2
    DARK ORDER
    LAX
    BUCKS
    BEST FRIENDS
    SCU
    JURASSIC EXPRESS
    BUTCHER AND BLADE
    PRIVATE PARTY
    LUCHA BROS.

Why in God's name would you sign another tag team? Especially a tag team that only the truly Indy die hard would know. You have the most loaded tag team roster in recent memory, and you add the Beaver Boys when local Union Jobbers #4356 would fill in the same role.

I would understand a Japanese or Indian tag team because that would be trying to serve a demographic.

The narrative of AEW was started when you introduce Brandon Cutler as a guy who just got a job because he knows the Bucks. When you look at that roster, and the see the repetitiveness of men's singles matches, you begin to line up the dots.

Hopefully, they talked to Cody beforehand and maybe this is a sign of a much needed partnership of AEW and NWA.
    Having a tag division with depth is good for it. They have two shows to provide content for and the division is a cornerstone of the promotion. Yea, bring in more teams. Beaver Boys seem to be the jobber team anyway. Every promotion needs guys like that.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Jim Cornette, apparently.
    Jericho too. He said AEW isn't looking to hire anyone else right now.

Which doesn't of course mean they will NEVER high any other talent ever again... but if there's any truth to what he said, in the least it doesn't sound like they would be all that interesting in aquiring ROH.

But it's not like it's Jericho's call, so maybe he's just speaking for himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having a tag division with depth is good for it. They have two shows to provide content for and the division is a cornerstone of the promotion. Yea, bring in more teams. Beaver Boys seem to be the jobber team anyway. Every promotion needs guys like that.
    You can't push 10 tag teams as all credible / winning groups. That's how you get 50/50 booking, where no one gets over i.e. the WWE.

You have 3 hours a week, to get a bunch of "new to you" talentt over. You have to decide who are your top heels(LAX, Dark Order, Butcher and Blade) and who are your top faces( Bucks, Jurassic Express, and SCU), then you tell everybody else that they are going to be eating a lot of pins.

To do that properly, thats about hour and half of programming per week, since nearly every All Kliq Wrestling match has to be 15 minutes long.

That leaves you half your TV time to get over your women and mens single divisions.

Unless it's mainstream team that are already over with mainstream fans like the Usos or the Briscoes, I would not sign another tag team for awhile.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 12-18-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Killer Kross got his impact release

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Killer Kross got his impact release
    Yes. Big fan of this guy. He has charisma to spare. Now, if he were the leader of the Dark Order that would make this all worthwhile.

Yes. Big fan of this guy. He has charisma to spare. Now, if he were the leader of the Dark Order that would make this all worthwhile.
    Yeah, I think Dark Order getting a main event level front man could be pretty cool. I feel like the vignettes are almost wasted on a mid-card tag team at this point.

If this were the Monday Night Wars, Biscoff would probably have the guy on a flight to tonights taping as we speak.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

You can't push 10 tag teams as all credible / winning groups. That's how you get 50/50 booking, where no one gets over i.e. the WWE.

You have 3 hours a week, to get a bunch of "new to you" talentt over. You have to decide who are your top heels(LAX, Dark Order, Butcher and Blade) and who are your top faces( Bucks, Jurassic Express, and SCU), then you tell everybody else that they are going to be eating a lot of pins.

To do that properly, thats about hour and half of programming per week, since nearly every All Kliq Wrestling match has to be 15 minutes long.

That leaves you half your TV time to get over your women and mens single divisions.

Unless it's mainstream team that are already over with mainstream fans like the Usos or the Briscoes, I would not sign another tag team for awhile.
    Love or hate Bischoff but he followed a method he saw from Japan from what was claimed. Where wrestlers fit each level - MAIN EVENT , MID-CARD , LOW CARD. He basically used that to build WCW as we saw on Nitro. If anyone remembers he used 1 or 2 tag teams as jobbers more or less. One of them was High Voltage. Whenever the team showed up on Nitro , they were a basic jobber tag team.

Its only later Bischoff never elevated anyone from Mid-card that he hurt his own product. But that is something we all know.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Eventually AEW might have to go to smaller buildings. Then build from there.

All of them ain't credible though. For as over as the Jurassic Express has been they never won a match. The Hybrid 2 only has 3 wins to their name. Dark Order, Best Friends, and Private Party are 50/50. They are clear tiers established.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Jim Cornette, apparently.
    fuuuuuuuuuuk

TH2
    DARK ORDER
    LAX
    BUCKS
    BEST FRIENDS
    SCU
    JURASSIC EXPRESS
    BUTCHER AND BLADE
    PRIVATE PARTY
    LUCHA BROS.

because they have potential to be developed as "homegrown" AEW talent, are a good fit for a particular storyline(dark order), probably don't cost all that much anyways and can be used when other talent takes time off/tours mexico, japan, UK, etc

for anybody interested in what the beaver boys can do when not booked as jobbers, and honestly their body of work smokes butcher & blade

i'll save my complaints about guys like cutler when they start getting pushes they don't deserve.

oh god.

you're overthinking things, they signed a talented team they've been using regularly anyways.

maybe instead of deciding who's you're top teams and telling everybody else to eat lots of pins you spread a little opportunity around and see if something happens organically. if you want them to learn lessons from wwe that might be a good one too.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.

The reign of terror is over! Rhea the new champ!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    fuuuuuuuuuuk

because they have potential to be developed as "homegrown" AEW talent, are a good fit for a particular storyline(dark order), probably don't cost all that much anyways and can be used when other talent takes time off/tours mexico, japan, UK, etc

for anybody interested in what the beaver boys can do when not booked as jobbers, and honestly their body of work smokes butcher & blade

i'll save my complaints about guys like cutler when they start getting pushes they don't deserve.

oh god.

you're overthinking things, they signed a talented team they've been using regularly anyways.

maybe instead of deciding who's you're top teams and telling everybody else to eat lots of pins you spread a little opportunity around and see if something happens organically. if you want them to learn lessons from wwe that might be a good one too.
    They have plenty of talented teams. I say about 7 of them. They are not the WWE. They don't have a feeder system.They don't have a network. They don't have 10+ hours of weekly tv to fill.

I keep hearing the same excuse about how little time they have for character development when it comes to the women.

I don't care about homegrown talent. You hire the best people available to put on the best show possible.

I am not saying the Beaver Boys suck... They bite( dad joke).

If they signed with MLW, ROH, or TNA. I would be like LBo show me wonderful videos about how great these are.

But to each their own.

Bazzler has been Impeached, let the world rejoice!!!

They have plenty of talented teams. I say about 7 of them. They are not the WWE. They don't have a feeder system.They don't have a network. They don't have 10+ hours of weekly tv to fill.

I keep hearing the same excuse about how little time they have for character development when it comes to the women.

I don't care about homegrown talent. You hire the best people available to put on the best show possible.

I am not saying the Beaver Boys suck... They bite( dad joke).

If they signed with MLW, ROH, or TNA. I would be like LBo show me wonderful videos about how great these are.

But to each their own.

Bazzler has been Impeached, let the world rejoice!!!
    One of the criticism leveled at AEW is it's thin roster. We been seeing a lot of the same guys every week and they are burning through match ups fast. Dunno about you but I don't want to see the Young Bucks wrestle the Lucha Bros again for a long while.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    One of the criticism leveled at AEW is it's thin roster. We been seeing a lot of the same guys every week and they are burning through match ups fast. Dunno about you but I don't want to see the Young Bucks wrestle the Lucha Bros again for a long while.
    Well, I don't want to see the Lucha Bros as a tag yeam. Complete waste of two great singles wrestlers. I could watch Fenix do hour long matches every week.

Honestly, with 10 tag teams , you really should not see repetitive matches.Especally with makeshift teams and local job squad talent.