Page 93 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    CTE had a man like Mike Webster live out of his pickup truck homeless as he was unable to cope with things. So yeah...its terrible and Axl Rotten struggling with that and not being able to walk ...that is beyond sad.
    CTE is sad... which is exactly why it was so wrong for guys like Axl to not only take but deliver unprotected chairshots to people on a nighly basis.

One of the biggest reasons I'm less sympathetic towards guys like Axl is because he didn't just have CTE.... he could have easily been responsible for causing it in someone else. That's sort of the irony here in a guy like him (or rather his estate) suing over this.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it were my family member it would be my problem... but it wouldn't be Vinces. And I certainly wouldn't insist on filing a fraudulent lawsuit.

Again, not Vinces fault my family member got CTE after willingly getting unprotected chairshots on a nightly basis. Not Vinces fault my family member died of a heroin over dose. If a family member did that to himself, pretending otherwise doesn't do anyone any good.
    Again did NFL Owners in the 1980's know that concussions would lead to CTE ? Did they know many turned to drugs and more to dull pain from injuries ? OF COURSE NOT.

But after years of denials as proof came in , they were finally forced to do the right thing by the folks who played the games then. A number had passed away like Webster by the time things got settled.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Again did NFL Owners in the 1980's know that concussions would lead to CTE ? Did they know many turned to drugs and more to dull pain from injuries ? OF COURSE NOT.

But after years of denials as proof came in , they were finally forced to do the right thing by the folks who played the games then. A number had passed away like Webster by the time things got settled.
    Did Axl and Balls know any of that when they were whacking people over the head with unprotected chairshots night in and night out? Maybe people should have filed suits against them while they were at it.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Well I think Lbo brought it up ; Vince himself bragged how he gave Heyman loans for years to essentially keep ECW running. He then bought the company etc as we saw. Also the fact he employed Rotten for 2 months and let him work dark shows beyond the ECW ONS shows.

Which was nice to see , because Axl Rotten was never this in ring worker guy. He was a guy who really had the WWE had a hardcore division would have worked best in it and unlike Balls Mahoney ...he didn't have that "goofy character" fans took to during the time he was there.
    That doesn't make Vince responsible for how Heyman booked ECW talent. That's like blaming Vince for all the injuries Foley got from the deathmatches in Japan.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Did Axl and Balls know any of that when they were whacking people over the head with unprotected chairshots night in and night out? Maybe people should have filed suits against them while they were at it.
    I'd say no. Remember CTE went years without really being nailed down as a diagnosis. In fact it wasn't til 2002 when Dr. Bennet Omalu when he examined Mike Webster's brain did he discover what would become known as CTE. It wasn't widely known at that stage for a few years til more examinations happened and it grew to a point that the NFL finally itself accepted it in 2009. But held off fully accepting that there was risk of CTE playing football til 2016.

So those hardcore years of guys taking hard chair shots , well they clearly didn't know the damage they were causing to themselves. Hell , Mick Foley himself took this beating in 1999 and admitted later he was stupid to do it and shouldn't have. And had Mick known what we do now...he'd have never done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    That doesn't make Vince responsible for how Heyman booked ECW talent. That's like blaming Vince for all the injuries Foley got from the deathmatches in Japan.
    Lets put it this way , if your secretly sending money to loan a person so he can pay the workers etc ...well your kinda in a way responsible. I mean sure Vince didn't own ECW. But he literally bragged he helped Heyman pay the bills a couple years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Doesn't work like that. Vince loaning Paul money doesn't make Vince responsible for anything Paul booked in ECW.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and we open with DEAN FUCKIN' AMBROSE!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Also greato to see Deano

are you teasing us, dean?

hey-ya baron.