Page 934 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4348348849249309319329339349359369379389449841034 ... LastLast
Results 13,996 to 14,010 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A thid thing is.....Randy isn't the only WWE star AEW has tried and failed to poach. they had talks with numerous people once they were able to speak with other companies but almost all signed new wwe deals instead. This includes AJ Styles for instance and another they wanted was Xavier Woods. They will likely get the revival but that might be it for the time being. AEW is saying they don't want to just hire everyone leaving wwe, but that seems to be because they honestly didn't count on their offers being turned down
    They weren't getting AJ. He wants to end his career at WWE. Frankly, AJ has been pretty damn good in his time in WWE. I can't see him jumping ship.

If they tried to get Xavier on his own they fucked up. The New Day is brotherhood. They negotiated their new contract together as a group.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They weren't getting AJ. He wants to end his career at WWE. Frankly, AJ has been pretty damn good in his time in WWE. I can't see him jumping ship.

If they tried to get Xavier on his own they fucked up. The New Day is brotherhood. They negotiated their new contract together as a group.
    yep. AJ said he'll be done in a few more years.

and they'd be stupid to try to get company people like the new day.

best bet is to just catch some of the peeps who want out of the E. if i were them, i'd snatch up brodie lee. they really screwed the pooch on him this year.

Astonishing Member

From what Im hearing, AEW tried to pretend they never had talks with Randy and that this was just randy doing stuff to get a better deal from Vince.
    This is for two reasons
    1. they don't wnt it known how they let him slip through their grasp
    2. thy don't want it known that Vince can easily outbid them
    Or 3, Randy's full of it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

From what Im hearing, AEW tried to pretend they never had talks with Randy and that this was just randy doing stuff to get a better deal from Vince.
    This is for two reasons
    1. they don't wnt it known how they let him slip through their grasp
    2. thy don't want it known that Vince can easily outbid them
    A thid thing is.....Randy isn't the only WWE star AEW has tried and failed to poach. they had talks with numerous people once they were able to speak with other companies but almost all signed new wwe deals instead. This includes AJ Styles for instance and another they wanted was Xavier Woods. They will likely get the revival but that might be it for the time being. AEW is saying they don't want to just hire everyone leaving wwe, but that seems to be because they honestly didn't count on their offers being turned down
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yep. AJ said he'll be done in a few more years.

and they'd be stupid to try to get company people like the new day.

best bet is to just catch some of the peeps who want out of the E. if i were them, i'd snatch up brodie lee. they really screwed the pooch on him this year.

I'm sure like every company they have talks with talent and some refuse deals. Its only natural that were gonna see talent coming up on deals that are expiring to get contacted about it. But as posted its best to sign guys unhappy with their companies and wanting new starts ala Brodie Lee.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Kris Statlander will be unable to make the Jan 1st AEW show, due to a prior commitment she made before signing with them.

As such, there will instead be a fatal fourway for the Championship, with Riho, Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, and Hikaru Shida. The winner of this match will then face Kris with the title on the line next week

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Kris Statlander will be unable to make the Jan 1st AEW show, due to a prior commitment she made before signing with them.

As such, there will instead be a fatal fourway for the Championship, with Riho, Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, and Hikaru Shida. The winner of this match will then face Kris with the title on the line next week
    Was AEW not aware of her booking at bar wrestling before they pushed her to challenge for the title? Big oof on their part.

and he's too set in his ways to adapt his style outside of the WWE.

he has been vocal about his dislike of dives and aerial stuff.

really, AEW would be wise to throw some cash at cesaro or the revival when their contract comes up next year.
    The thing is, Orton at this point in his career doens't need to adapt his style. He'll can be one of the most over guys in AEW without doing the dives, so there's no reason for him to adapt especially at his age.

But I do agree the TOP WWE guys probably are less likely to jump ship. They can probably get whatever they want from Vince to stay right where they are. Mid-card guys not happy with their spot are probably AEWs best shots.

Astonishing Member

really, AEW would be wise to throw some cash at cesaro or the revival when their contract comes up next year.
    None of those guys have the star power of Orton. While they need a far more depth in their singles roster, if you get an actual star. You do it. You can't always play to your niche.

Also having a star wrestler, who doesn't do the "house style" gives him an NWO Outsiders feel to him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, Orton at this point in his career doens't need to adapt his style. He'll can be one of the most over guys in AEW without doing the dives, so there's no reason for him to adapt especially at his age.

But I do agree the TOP WWE guys probably are less likely to jump ship. They can probably get whatever they want from Vince to stay right where they are. Mid-card guys not happy with their spot are probably AEWs best shots.
    Orton is Over. He doesn't need to win over fans at this point. He actually has the ability to bring over fans unlike most of the current AEW roster. Not a slam on AEW, like I said that are not many WWE guys, who I think would increase the ratings significantly for AEW. They would improve the quality of the show, but that would be true if AEW was able to pick up some ROH talent.

Orton doesn't need to change. His current style is why he's still in the prime of his career. He can get a reaction out of people without needing to kill himself. I bet Orton with all the mileage he put on his body will outlast guys like Janela and Darby Allin who are way younger than him.

AEW needs to throw their money at guys who can draw for him. Orton could have been that.

Extraordinary Member

Sami Zayn is actually wrestling now

Extraordinary Member

Braun Strowman did the New Day dance

Spectacular Member

Smack down had a lot of good matches on it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Sami Zayn is actually wrestling now
    Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Yeah, that main event was a lot of fun.

Good Daniel Bryan matches are a dime a dozen, but it's one of the better Miz matches I've seen in awhile. I think Miz is a very underrated performer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    nope

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-28-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player