Page 968 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But the thing is that it's not just a matter of size. Someone used Gable and Rhea Riply as an example. He's stronger, faster, more agile, and he's better than her on the matt... Rhea has no advantages here whatsoever. It's not JUST that he's bigger... it's the issue that she on paper has no chance whatsoever against him because he has no advantages against him whatsoever.

I think there are CERTAIN women who can pull it off. Again, a Ronda or a Shayna potentially are more credible fighters than a certain portion of the lockeroom and can work against the right opponent. But a Riho frankly should get squashed by almost anyone.
    And yet, Rhea is the one who feels stronger, because she is booked to be stronger than he is.

This is not a real fight, the way it would go realistically doesn't mean crap. It's all about the story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And yet, Rhea is the one who feels stronger, because she is booked to be stronger than he is.

This is not a real fight, the way it would go realistically doesn't mean crap. It's all about the story telling.
    Again, Rhea feels stronger because she's wrestling women smaller than her. She WON'T be stronger wrestling a guy twice her size and three times as strong. Wrestling Toni Storm and wrestling Baron Corbin are 2 entirely different things.

Even though these aren't real fights, the fans still have to buy it. There has to be enough believability to the point where they can get pulled into the story. I'm not saying it can't be done... again, with the right woman and the right opponent it can work. But the idea that any female wrestler can compete on an equal footing with any make wrestler doesn't work. If that sounds sexist I'm sorry.... but that's just a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow at this level.

Maybe for a joke match (ie Kenny Omega wrestling 9 year old girls) it can work. But if we're talking about a match we're supposed to actually take seriously, it will likely be an issue for a good portion of the audience.

Ultimate Member

Really? Because if I can buy it with guys like Rey, and Daniel Bryan, and Finn, etc, then I could buy it with her.

I've seen Tessa, Candice, Asuka, Io, Jordynne Grace, etc wrestle guys and make it very believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Really? Because if I can buy it with guys like Rey, and Daniel Bryan, and Finn, etc, then I could buy it with her.

I've seen Tessa, Candice, Asuka, Io, Jordynne Grace, etc wrestle guys and make it very believable.
    For me at least, I don't think a Daniel Bryan equals a Candice. Gender be damned I think he's bigger, stronger, a better striker, better on the matt, and just as fast and as agile. So I can't assume that anyone Daniel Bryan can compete with, Candice can.

But that's me. Not saying every single fan out there wouldn't buy it... just saying I do believe it would be an issue for many.

Astonishing Member

You have to love what Nick Aldi's and the NWA is doing. Making the NWA title bigger than any one promotion. It adds a little excitement to the wrestling world.

Congrats to Thunder Rosa. I love what she brings to the table.

Also Ricky Sparks is that dude.

What I love about the NWA is that nearly everyone can cut a promo. I can't say that about any other promotion.

Astonishing Member

For me at least, I don't think a Daniel Bryan equals a Candice. Gender be damned I think he's bigger, stronger, a better striker, better on the matt, and just as fast and as agile. So I can't assume that anyone Daniel Bryan can compete with, Candice can.

But that's me. Not saying every single fan out there wouldn't buy it... just saying I do believe it would be an issue for many.
    Lol. I am glad your eyes work. It's funny when I hear guys like Bryan or Rey name drop. Rey is not skinny. Hasn't been since his WCW days. Bryan is about 5'10 175 , that's small for a wrestler but he is hardly Marko Stunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

What I love about the NWA is that nearly everyone can cut a promo. I can't say that about any other promotion.
    Britt Baker could definitely use help in that department.

Extraordinary Member

Again, Rhea feels stronger because she's wrestling women smaller than her. She WON'T be stronger wrestling a guy twice her size and three times as strong. Wrestling Toni Storm and wrestling Baron Corbin are 2 entirely different things.

Even though these aren't real fights, the fans still have to buy it. There has to be enough believability to the point where they can get pulled into the story. I'm not saying it can't be done... again, with the right woman and the right opponent it can work. But the idea that any female wrestler can compete on an equal footing with any make wrestler doesn't work. If that sounds sexist I'm sorry.... but that's just a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow at this level.

Maybe for a joke match (ie Kenny Omega wrestling 9 year old girls) it can work. But if we're talking about a match we're supposed to actually take seriously, it will likely be an issue for a good portion of the audience.
    No, she feels stronger because she is booked to feel stronger. The size of her opponents has nothing to do with it. She beat Shayna Baszler, and you pay me to believe that Corbin could beat Baszler. If I can believe that a 5'8" can beat a 6'8 guy, then I can believe that a 5'8" Gal can beat a 6'8" guy too

As for Believabillity: If I can believe that the Undertaker is an undead biker, Finn Balor is posessed by a demon, that Braun Strowman can flip a semi-truck, then size difference doesn't even register to me as something that strains Believability. It's just David vs Goliath storytelling.

Charlotte Flair would be a good comparison. Same height, and similar positions on the card.

Extraordinary Member

World's Colide abut to kick off. Not sure, but I think Mustache Mountain vs. DIY might be the starting bout?

Extraordinary Member

NVM, it's Balor vs. Dragunov

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, she feels stronger because she is booked to feel stronger. The size of her opponents has nothing to do with it. She beat Shayna Baszler, and you pay me to believe that Corbin could beat Baszler. If I can believe that a 5'8" can beat a 6'8 guy, then I can believe that a 5'8" Gal can beat a 6'8" guy too

As for Believabillity: If I can believe that the Undertaker is an undead biker, Finn Balor is posessed by a demon, that Braun Strowman can flip a semi-truck, then size difference doesn't even register to me as something that strains Believability. It's just David vs Goliath storytelling.

Charlotte Flair would be a good comparison. Same height, and similar positions on the card.
    She is booked to feel stronger than the WOMEN she wrestlers... because she is at least bigger than most of them. THat doesn't necessarily mean she would be booked the same way competing against the men. There is a world of difference between being booked stronger than Toni Storm and being booked stronger than Baron Corbin.

Just because a 5'8 guy can beat a 6'8 guy doesn't mean every 5'8 girl, or every 5'8 guy for that matter can do the same thing. There are other factors aside from height.

As for Taker... you don't necessarily have to believe he's undead. You just need to believe he can beat the crap out of the other guy he's wrestlng.

But I'll say again, it's simply an issue of believability for SOME viewers. As this very thread demonstrates, some people are fine with it. And some aren't. And that's perfectly fair. As far as Corbin and Rhea Riply fighting on any sort of even playing field it hasn't happened yet and I'm doubtful it will, so I won't lose too much sleep on the matter.

Extraordinary Member

Balor wins, Cruiserweight 4-way is next

She is booked to feel stronger than the WOMEN she wrestlers... because she is at least bigger than most of them. THat doesn't necessarily mean she would be booked the same way competing against the men. There is a world of difference between being booked stronger than Toni Storm and being booked stronger than Baron Corbin.

Just because a 5'8 guy can beat a 6'8 guy doesn't mean every 5'8 girl, or every 5'8 guy for that matter can do the same thing. There are other factors aside from height.

As for Taker... you don't necessarily have to believe he's undead. You just need to believe he can beat the crap out of the other guy he's wrestlng.

But I'll say again, it's simply an issue of believability for SOME viewers. As this very thread demonstrates, some people are fine with it. And some aren't. And that's perfectly fair. As far as Corbin and Rhea Riply fighting on any sort of even playing field it hasn't happened yet and I'm doubtful it will, so I won't lose too much sleep on the matter.
    If a Midcarder like Gable can do it, then a main eventer like Rhea most certainly can too.

Astonishing Member

You are right on the money. Rhea is a powerhouse. It has nothing to do with booking. Your eyes tell you she is bigger and stronger than most women she wrestles. You don't have to book that ...lol.

You wouldn't book Kairi Sane as a powerhouse because it's quite obvious she isn't.

Joey Ryan can dick flip all day, but that's a joke and so is anytime a regular size woman ( of equal fighting skill)beats a much larger man( of equal fighting skill). It's Man bites dog. It's there to get people talking about the circus act. Some people like circus wrestling, and most don't.

It's why there are weight division in combat sports. It's why fighters try to cheat on weigh ins, so they get an advantage of being a bigger size. It has nothing do with equality, just basic biology.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You are right on the money. Rhea is a powerhouse. It has nothing to do with booking. Your eyes tell you she is bigger and stronger than most women she wrestles. You don't have to book that ...lol.

You wouldn't book Kairi Sane as a powerhouse because it's quite obvious she isn't.

Joey Ryan can dick flip all day, but that's a joke and so is anytime a regular size woman ( of equal fighting skill)beats a much larger man( of equal fighting skill). It's Man bites dog. It's there to get people talking about the circus act. Some people like circus wrestling, and most don't.

It's why there are weight division in combat sports. It's why fighters try to cheat on weigh ins, so they get an advantage of being a bigger size. It has nothing do with equality, just basic biology.
    This is a a work of fiction. I don't give a crap when Black Widow beats the **** out of a hallway full of massive goons, why should I have a problem when a badass wrestler beats another guy one on one?

Extraordinary Member

Devlin wins the Cruiserweight strap