Page 981 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197797897998098198298398498599110311081 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Great interview

Astonishing Member

If Punk returned, I would honestly have him on NXT. It fits the character so well. So many new match ups with Cole, Gargano, Ciampa, Riddle, Dunne, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    If Punk returned, I would honestly have him on NXT. It fits the character so well. So many new match ups with Cole, Gargano, Ciampa, Riddle, Dunne, and so on.
    I'd have him as a heel manager of the Undisputed Era. That would get him on TV regularly without him having to wrestle much (as I'm sure he wouldn't want to wrestle regularly anymore). Eventually they can turn on his and he can wrestle Cole on a big match.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd have him as a heel manager of the Undisputed Era. That would get him on TV regularly without him having to wrestle much (as I'm sure he wouldn't want to wrestle regularly anymore). Eventually they can turn on his and he can wrestle Cole on a big match.
    I don't the UE needs a manager. Maybe a commentator. He could replace Nigel. Nigel could move up to Raw where they desperately need someone interesting on commentary.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly , Punk should take an AEW deal. He could command a $1+ million dollar a year salary , work a really reduced schedule and be the top star of the company. He can do whatever he desires in AEW and not have to answer to WWE Creative.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly , Punk should take an AEW deal. He could command a $1+ million dollar a year salary , work a really reduced schedule and be the top star of the company. He can do whatever he desires in AEW and not have to answer to WWE Creative.
    Honestly if he signed with the WWE, they would probably offer him lots of money, a light schedule, and relative creative freedom too. He's probably get Brock Lesnar treatment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As fans you can let Punk go.

Astonishing Member

Honestly if he signed with the WWE, they would probably offer him lots of money, a light schedule, and relative creative freedom too. He's probably get Brock Lesnar treatment.
    Yep. I don't Punk has any interest in AEW. He had an opportunity to go, and didn't it. Honestly, I just don't see the draw of going to AEW, if the WWE has an offer and a true direction for your character.

Is Hager or Spears really bigger than they were in WWE?Are they really getting used better? I just don't see it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ditto. He's shown his true colors multiple times since he quit. There is no lack of talent in wrestling right now.

Astonishing Member

Nope, the fire still burns

Honestly I was never a huge fan of Punk. Very good mic worker, but he was a bit overrated in the ring. Not terrible by any means ... but at times the internet wrestling community made him sound like gods gift or something. Plus he does come off as kind of a jerk.

That said, there's still interest in him. Not necessarily long term interest... but interest. PUnk left money on the table when he walked away from the WWE, and I suspect he'll come back and get it at some point. Not that I'd lose any sleep if he didn't.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I was never a huge fan of Punk. Very good mic worker, but he was a bit overrated in the ring. Not terrible by any means ... but at times the internet wrestling community made him sound like gods gift or something. Plus he does come off as kind of a jerk.

That said, there's still interest in him. Not necessarily long term interest... but interest. PUnk left money on the table when he walked away from the WWE, and I suspect he'll come back and get it at some point. Not that I'd lose any sleep if he didn't.
    If you think of the top 3 active wrestlers to really be superstars in the last 10-15 years, it has to be
    Cena
    Punk
    Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yep. I don't Punk has any interest in AEW. He had an opportunity to go, and didn't it. Honestly, I just don't see the draw of going to AEW, if the WWE has an offer and a true direction for your character.

Is Hager or Spears really bigger than they were in WWE?Are they really getting used better? I just don't see it.
    Hager was like a big deal for maybe a week... then they essentially did nothing with him, and he ended up a fairly generic big guy. Which is kind of a shame because I've always been a fan of Swagger. AEW wasted Hager just like the WWE did, only they didn't waste any time doing it. But he's likely getting a fat pay check for doing next to nothing, so I'm betting he's happy.

I'd probably say Spears is a big bigger than he was in the WWE, though that's not saying much since he was always used as an undercard guy, even in NXT.

Overall, I'm not terribly impressed with AEW's ability to make new stars. They're using guys who are already stars (mostly the ex WWE guys like Jericho, Moxley, and Cody) better than they were used in the WWE. But they're only doing a so-so job making new stars IM0.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ditto. He's shown his true colors multiple times since he quit. There is no lack of talent in wrestling right now.
    ...As what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...As what?
    An asshat.