Page 990 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 490890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I would have preferred it if Black got the push Drew was getting. Not that I have a problem with Drew... he's fine.

But all around I think Black just has more tools to be a top guy. His in-ring work, mic skills, and persona as a whole is good to go.
    I think they need to change his promos a bit. I like to see him hit somebody with Black Mass, and then just quote Nietsche, Macchavelli , and so forth. Make him this scholarly assassin. His promos seem to rabble, which I think more do writing than him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    One the one hand, yeah Ruby's back.

On the other hand, wow was that predictable. It was basically the same as Sasha attacking Nattie, even down to the change in hair color.

I don't get why they refuse to let her be a babyface for awhile? She's just so naturally likeable.

Looking forward to Asuka vs. Becky again. Not looking forward to Asuka probably losing again.

They really need to push Aleister, the guy has "star" written all over them. Same with Angel Garza as well.

Rhea going over Charlotte at Mania would be a HUGE boost to the prestige of the NXT Division. Hopefully it happens.
    it amazes me that despite being undefeated in singles, aleister has never gotten a shot at a singles title on the main roster. i mean, bobby is in a cuck feud with rusev and he got a chance at brock and the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Aleister needs a long feud. There's a lot of unused upper card or high card guys who can afford a loss to give him a good long storyline.

Angel Garza brought in to bridge the gap for Andrade's suspension--but I thought he shined bigger than Humberto.
    sadly, humberto really doesn't have a character to get behind. he can't speak good english and he's very bland.

angel has a very impish personality. i'd say, almost eddie-like with how he interacts with the crowd.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sadly, humberto really doesn't have a character to get behind. he can't speak good english and he's very bland.

angel has a very impish personality. i'd say, almost eddie-like with how he interacts with the crowd.
    He is very Eddie like. Humberto is going to have a hard time getting to that next level with English level promo skills.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    He is very Eddie like. Humberto is going to have a hard time getting to that next level with English level promo skills.
    Honestly I'm a bit surprised that Humberto is getting as big a push as he's gotten. Heyman must really like him.

Not that I don't enjoy the guys matches, but he's not the most well rounded sports entertainer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm a bit surprised that Humberto is getting as big a push as he's gotten. Heyman must really like him.

Not that I don't enjoy the guys matches, but he's not the most well rounded sports entertainer.
    He is a good looking kid and they are pushing hard for the Latino demographic. I don't know if it's a USA mandate but the obvious push a Latino audience is there.

But pushes like that are fickle i. e. Jinder Majal.

If he wants a longer more successful career, he is going to have learn English and be able to cut decent promos.

Astonishing Member

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Humberto
    where is that humberto?

NWA Powerrr | Episode 17 "Pride vs. Thunder" (2020)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39HS1jhP89M
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-05-2020 at 04:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

WWE Plunges After Sales Forecast Uncovers Dismal Fan Engagement.

World Wrestling Entertainment Corp. posted fourth-quarter results and a sales forecast that missed Wall Street projections, and management warned that initiatives to drive growth and monetization of its content are “subject to considerable uncertainty.” The stock plunged 18% in early trading. Revenue in 2019 was hurt by lower live event ticket sales, a decline in WWE Network subscription revenue, the absence of Mixed Match Challenge on Facebook Watch as well as lower consumer product sales across distribution channels.WWE completed multiple content distribution deals last year, including:BT Sport and ViacomCBS’ Channel 5 in the U.K., Fox Sports in Latin America, PP Sports in China and SuperSport in Africa. WWE’s first-quarter operating income projections missed analysts consensus.

WWE shares fell as much as 20% during Thursday’s pre-market trading after earnings came out. The stock has declined 36% this year.
    I'm not surprised by this at all. Outside of some of the NXT stuff, I've almost completely lost interest in WWE.

Astonishing Member

It's not dis-similar to the problems that other live sports are having. (Drops in attendance and engagement now that there's more options to engage not in person) I think WWE is positioned better than a lot of it's rivals to handle this long term, but we'll see.

The stock has been way over priced for awhile now (imho), so I would say a lot of it is normal adjustment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He is a good looking kid and they are pushing hard for the Latino demographic. I don't know if it's a USA mandate but the obvious push a Latino audience is there.

But pushes like that are fickle i. e. Jinder Majal.

If he wants a longer more successful career, he is going to have learn English and be able to cut decent promos.
    It's not fickle as Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio did draw the latino market for WWE. When Eddie was WWE champion Cole wouldn't shut up about Smackdown being the #1 rated show among Hispanics and Eddie been making the rounds all over Latino media. The company definitely wants that again but they keep screwing it up.

Intermediary

Garza has so much darn charisma I don't think he needs to learn English

or any other language

just stand there and look pretty

Subtitle his segments and promos.

Run them under Telenovela lightning and camera rigs.

American heel heat: engaged.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Garza has so much darn charisma I don't think he needs to learn English

or any other language

just stand there and look pretty
    Garza's English is fine. It's Carillo who could use it.

in case you didn't see it....

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I grew up on the attitude era. The type of wrestling power presents is beyond my time. I like it for being completely different from I been exposed to before and I find it to be a good palate cleanser. I like knowing that a match that should last 3 minutes will actually be 3 minutes.
    i really got no use for 3 minute matches, i'd rather see a beatdown, video package, vignette etc.

Yep, shorter matches are great.

Every match doesn't need to go through a commercial break .

Every match doesn't need several false finishes.

Low card wrestlers can pick up wins. So when they loses to a mid card or upper card wrestler , it means something.

Talking and interacting with the crowd is fun.

Having a guy get interviewed where the crowd can see them and they are not looking at a monitor adds something.

Being just an hour is nice.

I don't agree with quite a bit of what Cornette says( women's wrestling and cruiserweight wrestling), but when he points out that long matches take away opportunity for others to get over or even be seen is so true.
    imo a good hour long show makes you say "i wish they had an hour and a half" not "glad it's only an hour" and i really have no desire to see low-mid carders beat jobbers on a 1 hour show.

Los Ingobernables WWE edition. You could bring in Cain Velasquez or Damian Priest as the enforcer of the stable.

ÑXT can afford to lose some hands. They just Timothy Thatcher. Matches between him and Riddle and OReiley will be lit.
    oh man i don't think WWE will use thatcher well at all, he's probably getting the biff busick treatment. kross i have more hope for, but i can see him getting lost in the shuffle too.

it amazes me that despite being undefeated in singles, aleister has never gotten a shot at a singles title on the main roster. i mean, bobby is in a cuck feud with rusev and he got a chance at brock and the belt.
    remember when they debuted alistair as part of a tag team with ricochet, and then they challenged for and failed to win every tag title in the company in a span of like 5 days?? in retrospect that wasn't a great way to debut those guys and served no purpose, then again some of us saw it back then too.

that's why i said they should've kept him under a mask for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    WWE Plunges After Sales Forecast Uncovers Dismal Fan Engagement.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Outside of some of the NXT stuff, I've almost completely lost interest in WWE.
    i blame the fans, not WWE's fault at all.

in case you didn't see it....
    that was xtremely well done and a pretty good episode of AEW. it seems they've done away with nightmare collective which imo is the best thing to happen next to turning brit baker. wish they'd bring back jamie hayter and that portugese chick and maybe give nicole savoy or ruby raze a try.