Page 991 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 491891941981987988989990991992993994995100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i really got no use for 3 minute matches, i'd rather see a beatdown, video package, vignette etc.

imo a good hour long show makes you say "i wish they had an hour and a half" not "glad it's only an hour" and i really have no desire to see low-mid carders beat jobbers on a 1 hour show.

oh man i don't think WWE will use thatcher well at all, he's probably getting the biff busick treatment. kross i have more hope for, but i can see him getting lost in the shuffle too.

remember when they debuted alistair as part of a tag team with ricochet, and then they challenged for and failed to win every tag title in the company in a span of like 5 days?? in retrospect that wasn't a great way to debut those guys and served no purpose, then again some of us saw it back then too.

that's why i said they should've kept him under a mask for a few years.

i blame the fans, not WWE's fault at all.

that was xtremely well done and a pretty good episode of AEW. it seems they've done away with nightmare collective which imo is the best thing to happen next to turning brit baker. wish they'd bring back jamie hayter and that portugese chick and maybe give nicole savoy or ruby raze a try.
    I don't think they will use Thatcher well on Raw and SmackDown, but NXT will be a good spot.

I wasn't talking about NWA when referring to low tier guys getting wins. I was referring to the WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing Shelton Benjamin get wins against No Way Jose or the Major Bros, before he jobs to Aleister Black.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I don't think they will use Thatcher well on Raw and SmackDown, but NXT will be a good spot.

I wasn't talking about NWA when referring to low tier guys getting wins. I was referring to the WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing Shelton Benjamin get wins against No Way Jose or the Major Bros, before he jobs to Aleister Black.
    Busick is in NXT. Maybe thatcher will get sent to NXT UK even though he’s from NorCal.

I was talking about any show but especially a 1 hour show. Shelton beating Noe Jose(that should be his actual name btw at least it attempts to be clever) would add nothing to a match against black for me, it would just add a match nobody cares about to the show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i really got no use for 3 minute matches, i'd rather see a beatdown, video package, vignette etc.
    It helps guys get over. Sometimes seeing someone dominate shows that a particular wrestler is someone to lookout for. Competitive matches only work if you are invested in both guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It helps guys get over. Sometimes seeing someone dominate shows that a particular wrestler is someone to lookout for. Competitive matches only work if you are invested in both guys.
    From a purely enjoyment standpoint I don't love 3 minute matches, but I do think especially for big dominant wrestlers you have to have them to establish wrestlers.

For a Goldberg or an Undertaker or a Braun Strauman, part of the appeal is showcasing them as big nearly unstoppable monsters. If you're competitively competing with a midcareer that's harder unless you're really good.

Asuka was an exception. She came off as a monster, but she wrestled fairly competitively despite that. She didn't really squash her opponents in 2 minutes. She often had to work for it. But she was good enough to do that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From a purely enjoyment standpoint I don't love 3 minute matches, but I do think especially for big dominant wrestlers you have to have them to establish wrestlers.

For a Goldberg or an Undertaker or a Braun Strauman, part of the appeal is showcasing them as big nearly unstoppable monsters. If you're competitively competing with a midcareer that's harder unless you're really good.

Asuka was an exception. She came off as a monster, but she wrestled fairly competitively despite that. She didn't really squash her opponents in 2 minutes. She often had to work for it. But she was good enough to do that.
    Asuka did squash her opponents. I remember her beating Liv Morgan in a 1 minute. She squashed the iconics in one on one matches. She made quick work of the no names and chicken **** heels. She only got competitive with girls with creditability.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It helps guys get over. Sometimes seeing someone dominate shows that a particular wrestler is someone to lookout for.
    True but I prefer the other methods I listed to help get guys over

Competitive matches only work if you are invested in both guys.
    I don’t think I could possibly disagree with that statement more. I can’t count how many wrestlers I got invested in because I saw them in competitive matches. So many guys I’d never even seen before made a fan of me with a good competitive match. I’m almost never sold on a wrestler from watching a squash.

I shouldn’t have said I have no use for a 3min match, a GOOD monster squash can be a lot of fun.

What the ****, did WWE sign hideki Suzuki?? Don’t know if anybody remembers but I posted his highlight videos in these threads a few times.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-07-2020 at 06:48 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

good ol, murder gramps, suzuki, had some choice words about the topic of the E expanding into japan.

"Japanese wrestling. Particularly Japanese. Proprietary Japanese. I get this is for NJPW’s site, so maybe you don’t know, or don’t want me saying, but WWE are the biggest promotion in the world, right? And they want to blend all of the world’s wrestling together, fold it all in.

They’re going into all these countries, buying up promotions, snatching away talent, and sapping the business there. But the one place they haven’t been able to do that yet? Japan. Japan and Mexico are the only places that have carried a strong sense of wrestling culture that was uniquely theirs. Business is down in Mexico. WWE are getting their claws in there, too. But they haven’t come here yet, because Japanese wrestling has too much presence. Uniquely Japanese wrestling does.

That unique Japanese wrestling is something that Rikidozan made, 50, 60 years ago. It used to be about two massive giants throwing hands, made into a show. But the basis of everything, absolutely everything is combat. Fight. Martial arts. That’s Japanese pro wrestling. That’s something only Japan has been able to maintain and protect. Now, you look at NJPW today. There’s guys that fly. Tag teams with elaborate combinations. Guys with female managers. Guys who are fair, guys who cheat, but they all, all represent Japanese professional wrestling.

You can try and deny that, but I think it will always be true. The moment it stops being true, WWE will swallow everything up here. And in all of that, what I’ve just said, the one, single person that doesn’t just know about all this, but has been about all this, is me."

Truer words have never been spoken

WWE made CNN and Fox Business for their massive hemorrhage.

They need a cash infusion and will have to rob from the XFL to stay afloat. They're looking at needing the XFL to post a billion in order to keep both company's going.

Unless they sell assets (which they have none), WWE is in huge financial trouble. They are having to consider ditching the network model or upping the price point to the $15-20 if you want the PPVs. So WWE is looking at making you pay more to get events like WM and RR.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/inves...ock/index.html

Fox is looking at filling an injunction to undo their agreement or to buy the company outright now, they do not want the McMahons or anyone involved.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-07-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Meanwhile, there's this from Yahoo, about Brandi Rhodes:

http://https://sports.yahoo.com/how-...152609699.html

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Meanwhile, there's this from Yahoo, about Brandi Rhodes:

http://https://sports.yahoo.com/how-...152609699.html
    AEW just got an A fiscally solvent rating. WWE is sitting at an F.

Maybe AEW will finally do what other's dreamed of?

Whom am I kidding? VMK is a cockroach and will survive this with a bailout from Trump or some such.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's probably what's gonna end up happening

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WWE made CNN and Fox Business for their massive hemorrhage.

They need a cash infusion and will have to rob from the XFL to stay afloat. They're looking at needing the XFL to post a billion in order to keep both company's going.

Unless they sell assets (which they have none), WWE is in huge financial trouble. They are having to consider ditching the network model or upping the price point to the $15-20 if you want the PPVs. So WWE is looking at making you pay more to get events like WM and RR.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/inves...ock/index.html

Fox is looking at filling an injunction to undo their agreement or to buy the company outright now, they do not want the McMahons or anyone involved.
    I didn't see any of that posted on your CNN link. I saw that they 20% increase over the last 4th quarter.

I saw concern over firings which is common. I am pretty sure you can't get out of contract because of sub par ratings.

Honestly while being FOX is better than being on USA, it's not like cable and streaming options are not commonplace.

The NBA has poor ratings right now, and they have a ton of marketable stars.

TNT which is as good a network as USA( maybe better because they carry the NBA) , doesn't really break a million, but they just got a 175 million dollar deal.

Wrestling viewership has a cap on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AEW just got an A fiscally solvent rating. WWE is sitting at an F.

Maybe AEW will finally do what other's dreamed of?

Whom am I kidding? VMK is a cockroach and will survive this with a bailout from Trump or some such.
    Isn't Linda McMahon still Trump's small business liaison or some similar position?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I didn't see any of that posted on your CNN link. I saw that they 20% increase over the last 4th quarter.

I saw concern over firings which is common. I am pretty sure you can't get out of contract because of sub par ratings.
    You can if there's a specific clause in the contract that it becomes null and void if the ratings dip below a certain point.