Page 992 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 492892942982988989990991992993994995996100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 14,866 to 14,880 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Read another article that said that WWE is beating the previous shows Fox had on Friday nights before it and is still wins the night in Demo Ratings.

Fox isn't anywhere near close to panicking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Competitive matches only work if you are invested in both guys.
    So true. You see this every week. You see a five star cruiser match get a ho him, then you see a so so match between top talent, and you get this is awesome chants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You can if there's a specific clause in the contract that it becomes null and void if the ratings dip below a certain point.
    But as far as we know, that's not there. Smackdown us doing better than it did on USA. If Smackdown was routinely doing AEW numbers, I could see them being worried. Fox knows what they got and why they got it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    But as far as we know, that's not there. Smackdown us doing better than it did on USA. If Smackdown was routinely doing AEW numbers, I could see them being worried. Fox knows what they got and why they got it
    They got WWE for cheaper than what they would have to get for UFC and (at least so far) have better ratings.

BANNED

They reported record revenue didn't they?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

I don’t think I could possibly disagree with that statement more. I can’t count how many wrestlers I got invested in because I saw them in competitive matches. So many guys I’d never even seen before made a fan of me with a good competitive match. I’m almost never sold on a wrestler from watching a squash.

I shouldn’t have said I have no use for a 3min match, a GOOD monster squash can be a lot of fun.

What the ****, did WWE sign hideki Suzuki?? Don’t know if anybody remembers but I posted his highlight videos in these threads a few times.
    205 Live proves that statement true. WWE's cruisers put on fantastic matches every week on that show and all they get is crickets. A lot of matches on Dynamite are competitive and go over ten minutes and it's painfully dull. You not gonna tell me that Cody vs Kip Sabian need to be as long as it did. Cody should have won that match when they went to break.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Taynara Conti quit NXT

Astonishing Member

Taynara Conti quit NXT
    Hopefully, she joins TNA.

So true. You see this every week. You see a five star cruiser match get a ho him, then you see a so so match between top talent, and you get this is awesome chants.
    What are you watching?? I sure as **** don’t see that every week.

205 Live proves that statement true. WWE's cruisers put on fantastic matches every week on that show and all they get is crickets.
    Rey misterio WCW debut and countless other matches prove the statement false.

A lot of matches on Dynamite are competitive and go over ten minutes and it's painfully dull. You not gonna tell me that Cody vs Kip Sabian need to be as long as it did. Cody should have won that match when they went to break.
    I will tell you that ending the match at the break would’ve done neither Cody nor kip any favors, especially kip in his feud with janela. Sabian and ford are a good mid card heel act, a little time to show their stuff didn’t hurt them at all.

I’m not going to complain about midcard matches getting xtra time, I’ve had years of midcard matches not getting enough time and midcarders being irrelevant to balance it out for me.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-08-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Isn't Linda McMahon still Trump's small business liaison or some similar position?
    She stepped down last year. I think she's working with some Trump re-election PAC now.

I marathoned like 4 weeks of Dynamite yesterday and now I have Jericho's stupid ass Judas song stuck in my head, lol. The Cody/MJF whipping segment was pretty damn good. Didn't really get the rando heels coming out to watch, though. I thought they were there to stop any interference, but they let everyone through, so... /shrug

Try as I might, I just don't care about Jericho/Moxley at all. They've done some decent stuff during the feud, but I just don't care about the match at all.

They need to find a way to have Darby Allin on every week. Kid has some star potential.

That Britt Baker heel promo was pretty good, albeit a bit too shooty for my tastes. That JR burn, tho. Her losing to Yuka after just turning seemed odd. AEW's gotta get **** straight with their women's division.

Hangman has been pretty good with the character he has now. It kinda helps that the Bucks were pretty douchey back during that 4-way and it made him look somewhat sympathetic until he started getting too cocky after the win streak he and Omega have been on. Also, that bit with the name plates legit made me laugh out loud. Don't think Page is all that great in the ring, but if he keeps nailing the character, that might not matter.

The Dark Order stuff is still a boring mess. Glad the Nightmare Collective seems to be done with, thankfully.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 02-08-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Is it too much to ask for this NOT to be setting up Mandy betraying Otis? Like she becomes genuinely fond of him almost in spite of herself.

Come on WWE, give me a reason to give you credit here, I really want to do so.

Carmella and Bayley's friendship makes for a solid foundation here, hopefully they use that.

Remember when Kofi was WWE Champion, because WWE sure doesn't. He's right back where he started at this time last year, what a waste.

Spectacular Member

Can some one explain to me what happens with naomis rear view move? Is that like a head butt with her butt. She used it on alexa. Also nice to see Carmella winning the match.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    What are you watching?? I sure as **** don’t see that every week.

Rey misterio WCW debut and countless other matches prove the statement false.
    Lol. I watch wrestling every week and other than ROH or NWA, I see at least one pretty good to great match per episode of Raw,Smackdown,AEW, or NXT.

I will go against the grain, and just say I felt the Last Temptation of Cody to be silly. Cody can literally beat MJF at any time. You don't need an actual wrestling match.Actually, based on MJF in ring ability, I think a street fight would preferable.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Lol. I watch wrestling every week and other than ROH or NWA, I see at least one pretty good to great match per episode of Raw,Smackdown,AEW, or NXT.

I will go against the grain, and just say I felt the Last Temptation of Cody to be silly. Cody can literally beat MJF at any time. You don't need an actual wrestling match.Actually, based on MJF in ring ability, I think a street fight would preferable.
    you do know that one of the conditions of their match is that cody can't touch MJF, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    you do know that one of the conditions of their match is that cody can't touch MJF, right?
    Yes, I know. I know that the Boss of AEW has to jump through a bunch of obstacles to get a wrestling match on a show that he runs .

Cody being the Boss and the struggling hero just doesn't work for me.

It's Stone Cold vs McMahon with McMahon as the hero. It has been well performed by all parties, it's just a set up that I can't invest in.