Page 25 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935751255251025 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think having guys who were main eventers in nxt headline 205 potentially helps that brand. It'll potentially help fight the stigma that the cruiser weights are all just under card guys.
    They will still be undercard guys. They will still perform in front of dead crowds after the main show, still get no promotion from the other shows and the best they can hope for is being on a PPV pre-show. The best thing that can happen to 205 Live is if the show can get on FS1. We know Fox wants more content from WWE and they to fill FS1 with something after losing UFC to ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They will still be undercard guys. They will still perform in front of dead crowds after the main show, still get no promotion from the other shows and the best they can hope for is being on a PPV pre-show. The best thing that can happen to 205 Live is if the show can get on FS1. We know Fox wants more content from WWE and they to fill FS1 with something after losing UFC to ESPN.
    Sure they will still be undercuts guys. But the point being it may help undercut that stigma a bit. If they want it to improve (and honestly they may not care), then an easy starting point is to simply transfer some of the hotter feuds and talent from NXT into 205 live. Take advantage of the NXT buzz a bit.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Tonight's one of the big four of WWE, Summerslam.

...Yeah, it's just happening is all I can say. A few matches I'm interested in but....Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure they will still be undercuts guys. But the point being it may help undercut that stigma a bit. If they want it to improve (and honestly they may not care), then an easy starting point is to simply transfer some of the hotter feuds and talent from NXT into 205 live. Take advantage of the NXT buzz a bit.
    Brining up two guys isn't going to change the show's standing. Only a major shift in direction can do that like when Triple H took control of the show over Vince.

Ultimate Member

Ideally:

-Samoa Joe should win, as he needs it far more than AJ does at this point and it could lead to some interesting stuff for AJ's character.

-Roman should win, and then Braun cashes in on him. It's time to pull the trigger on Braun.

-I want Becky to win, but sadly I feel like she's just been built up in order to lose in the big moment, you know like they always do with her.

-I suspect an Ambrose heel turn.

-Ronda should just squash Alexa with ease, that'd make the most sense.

-Etc.

But knowing WWE, very little of this will actually happen. They have a habit of overcomplicating things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Tonight's one of the big four of WWE, Summerslam.

...Yeah, it's just happening is all I can say. A few matches I'm interested in but....Yeah.
    Gonna watch it just for the **** show of Brock vs Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brining up two guys isn't going to change the show's standing. Only a major shift in direction can do that like when Triple H took control of the show over Vince.
    I thinking bringing up some of the top guys from nxt to 305 live, rather than Raw or Smackdown, sort of qualifies as a shift in direction. Wrestling is a talent driven vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ideally:

-Samoa Joe should win, as he needs it far more than AJ does at this point and it could lead to some interesting stuff for AJ's character.

-Roman should win, and then Braun cashes in on him. It's time to pull the trigger on Braun.

-I want Becky to win, but sadly I feel like she's just been built up in order to lose in the big moment, you know like they always do with her.

-I suspect an Ambrose heel turn.

-Ronda should just squash Alexa with ease, that'd make the most sense.

-Etc.

But knowing WWE, very little of this will actually happen. They have a habit of overcomplicating things.
    I think Braun will insert himself into the match before it starts. He doesn't need to steal a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpac
    I thinking bringing up some of the top guys from nxt to 305 live, rather than Raw or Smackdown, sort of qualifies as a shift in direction. Wrestling is a talent driven vehicle.
    That's how it is in every other promotion. What you described isn't WWE at all.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Found the Tag and Women's Title matches the only good matches on the show. There were a few nice spots in the North American Title match, but Adam Cole does absolutely nothing for me, so I didn't really care. The well on the Ciampa/Gargano feud has truly run dry, so it's probably time to call Johnny up to 205Live.

Pretty good Cruiserweight title match save for that small botch at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Found the Tag and Women's Title matches the only good matches on the show. There were a few nice spots in the North American Title match, but Adam Cole does absolutely nothing for me, so I didn't really care. The well on the Ciampa/Gargano feud has truly run dry, so it's probably time to call Johnny up to 205Live.
    I don't think Ciampa/Gargano will end but it definitely needs to be put on ice for a while. Gargano will need to learn to not let revenge take over and just win the match.

Seth regains the IC championship. Good match!

The New Day Win by disqualification via mallet. Bludgeon Bros still the champs. I was ready for New Day to get the FIVE. Fun match, though. Can't be TOO mad since the New Day held their own so much so that we might see a rematch soon enough anyway.

Braun destroys KO. Have a successful cash in, Braun!

Ah....Charlotte won again. Audience ain't happy about it either. I thought Carmella was gonna retain, this is the best match I've seen her in. Becky heel turn though!