Page 27 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771275271027 ... LastLast

Okay, cool. So that's it then? Braun still has the briefcase, so cashes in at HIAC, then? I like how his mere presence got the crowd not to **** on the match, lol.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So Roman wins?

Yeah, finally this damn title gets the life it desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Okay, cool. So that's it then? Braun still has the briefcase, so cashes in at HIAC, then? I like how his mere presence got the crowd not to **** on the match, lol.
    I don't know why Braun would even wait that long though. Roman's not going to hide, so why not go for it on Raw this Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know why Braun would even wait that long though. Roman's not going to hide, so why not go for it on Raw this Monday?
    Ah, don't know why my brain jumped to HIAC, but you're right. And tomorrow will be a pretty buzzworthy RAW too.

Ultimate Member

I’m happy the Roman/ Brock thing is over and there was NO cash in. Let Roman hold the belt and lose it fair when the time comes.

Glad Rollins won. What Ziggler is doing isn’t fresh.

I’m happy Braun won. I never liked the idea of KO possibly cashing in Reigns after the Lesnar match simply because it’ll keep Roman in the same spot of constantly chasing the title.

Looks like Bryan and Miz will go on. I’d be more excited for the match if the Miz had a bit more intensity but it is what it is.

Happy to see Nakamura win.

Rousey and Bliss was just a waste of time. It was always going to be a squash so I don’t see the point.

Charlotte wins the belt again and Becky goes heel. I’m fairly sure that Charlotte will beat Lynch every time they meet. Although Becky has a better chance as a heel because WWE still find it easier to book people with foreign accents as heels.

I hoped the New Day would win. Too bad for them I guess.

The Balor and Corbin thing wasnt really captivating. Hope it’s over now.

I wanted Joe to win the title so badly but since its Styles he’s feuding with, I’m fairly ok.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-19-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Summerslam was sort of a weird card. I am pretty much happy with most of the outcomes and I think the booking mostly made sense, but I've never seen a PPV with that many high profile squash matches.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So Roman wins?

Yeah, finally this damn title gets the life it desperately needed.
    Reigns won in a way that completly protected Brock. He did'nt get his "clean" win due to the distractions by Braun. Reigns still looks like a choke artist who got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Reigns won in a way that completly protected Brock. He did'nt get his "clean" win due to the distractions by Braun. Reigns still looks like a choke artist who got lucky
    Lesnar was definitely protected... I imagine part of the deal with Lesnar was to try and not make him look weak going out. Probably a big reason why Braun was out there. Lesnar humanized the monster more than we've seen in a long long time.

That said, I'd still say Romans win was perfectly clean. Lesnar allowed himself to get distracted and Roman took advantage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    JD needs to grow up
    reading his twitter i may have to agree with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The Demon returns! And Corbin gets destroyed.
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...59069645414402
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-20-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

SummerSlam was a garbage show. All Roman needed to beat Lesnar is a distraction. Forever a geek.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    SummerSlam was a garbage show. All Roman needed to beat Lesnar is a distraction. Forever a geek.
    The fact they felt they needed to protect someone who barely defends his title is comical. I mean what the hell is the thought process there ? I get you wanna make Lesnar look great for his future UFC bout , but honestly your screwing over the guy he's gotta face and they have done that for months with Reigns. This "great chase" they booked was so shoddy booked it made Reigns look weak and people wondering when he drops the title again.

Its not like the well booked CM Punk/John Morrison ECW World title angle the company ran years ago in 2007. Morrison became champion in June (due to Benoit's issue) and the thought process was , we will get the title to Punk. So they spent that summer having Punk chase Morrison. It was Dusty who booked that angle but he knew ...Punk needs to win in the 1st big rematch they have. So in September in a "Last Chance Match" he had Punk win. (It popped ECW's last big rating on SyFy then) and did the job.

Here they had Reigns chase ...lose at the biggest event of the year , chase some more ...lose again at a big international show....chase again...and lose. Then chase at the 2nd or 3rd biggest show of the year and finally win...but not a good fair win. LOL
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

-AJ vs. Joe and DB vs. Miz were also good.

-Ronda squashing Alexa was the right call.

-The SD Women's Title finish was boring, predictable, and stupid. Everyone saw it coming ten miles away.

-I don't care about Balor vs. Corbin, most because Corbin bores me.

-I couldn't care less about the UT scene right now. Wake me up when Braun finally gets his moment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The fact they felt they needed to protect someone who barely defends his title is comical. I mean what the hell is the thought process there ? I get you wanna make Lesnar look great for his future UFC bout , but honestly your screwing over the guy he's gotta face and they have done that for months with Reigns. This "great chase" they booked was so shoddy booked it made Reigns look weak and people wondering when he drops the title again.

Its not like the well booked CM Punk/John Morrison ECW World title angle the company ran years ago in 2007. Morrison became champion in June (due to Benoit's issue) and the thought process was , we will get the title to Punk. So they spent that summer having Punk chase Morrison. It was Dusty who booked that angle but he knew ...Punk needs to win in the 1st big rematch they have. So in September in a "Last Chance Match" he had Punk win. (It popped ECW's last big rating on SyFy then) and did the job.

Here they had Reigns chase ...lose at the biggest event of the year , chase some more ...lose again at a big international show....chase again...and lose. Then chase at the 2nd or 3rd biggest show of the year and finally win...but not a good fair win. LOL
    I think the Lesnar thing is because of how he was booked.

In the past, he'd already no-sold ALL of Reigns offense multiple times, it would be problematic to have Reigns simply take him down without any controversy.

That being said, I 100% agree that Reigns should have taken him out clean and ended the feud on that note. Now, there's still a slight cloud over everything.

Regarding his UFC bout....i hope Cormier puts him to sleep.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-20-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think the Lesnar thing is because of how he was booked.

In the past, he'd already no-sold ALL of Reigns offense multiple times, it would be problematic to have Reigns simply take him down without any controversy.

That being said, I 100% agree that Reigns should have taking him out clean and ended the feud on that note. Now, there's still a slight cloud over everything.

Regarding his UFC bout....i hope Cormier puts him to sleep.

I think you could have had Reigns take him down eventually with his offense. Just a couple big finishers and Brock can't get back up. That he loses clean. And as you said Roman sadly now has this , he never beat Brock clean deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

If anything, I'm just glad it's done. It was just awkward as hell since Wrestlemania.

Roman bitches how Brock is a terrible champion during the road to Wrestlemania and since that while making a ton of sense was beaten to death that Roman comes off as incredibly insufferable to watch every night he does a promo. It's really surreal that it's agreeable he has a point bout Brock, but it's satisfying to see people like Samoa Joe or Bobby Lashley (damn, even Jinder) call Roman out for never shutting up about it.

Brock's lack of appearances certainly didn't help. Paul Heyman can only do so much to make this feud bearable to care about. I mean even at the tail end of that feud at its most tiring did Paul still made it enjoyable last week (bringing up Roman's father and spoke in Samoan of something even Roman was shocked about before being maced to hell). But ****, I'm just happy this months long feud of....Stuff, ended and I hope it stays ended.